It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Bush Spokesman’s(McClellan) Tantalizing Snippet on C.I.A. Leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Link

President Bush’s chief spokesperson in 2006, Scott McClellan, just released an excerpt from his new book.

First comes this....

The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

Then this......

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the Vice President, the President’s chief of staff, and the President himself.

Oh man, this is HUGE! I just saw this on MSNBC. I hope this gets attention ands doesn't fade away!!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by kleverone]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

What gets me is why we need McClellan to tells us anything at all about the Bush Administration. We have so much evidence that his indictment wouldn't even be a ripple in the pond. And yet, Bush is not in Jail. People have fried for less, much less, and yet high treason is allowed to occur because he holds the sway of the nut job, super-far-right-wing, fascist, neo-cons that have hijacked elements of the Democratic and Republican parties. And we are letting it slip right on by. There is an extremist infiltration taking place in this nation, and it isn't Arab or the Mexicans, it is rich oil tycoons and military contractors, pharmaceutical industries and financial institutions, global trade commissions and trade syndicates, alliances and associations that amount to turning our backs on the very ideals upon which we were founded. We have been acclimated to accepting High Treason as an everyday way of doing business.

This is what bush means when he says "Getting back to business as usual."

[edit on 28-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
They will label him as crazy once the media is done with him.

How soon we forget. The people who once took his word as oak will now be calling him a fool and a liar.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yep, then the media will stop covering it and the story will be forgotten. There will be no justice with this administration. I also question this mans innocence in the situation. I doubt he was as ignorant and misled as he is leading us to believe. I don't doubt that there was some intentional misleading happening, I just bet he knew what he was doing.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 28-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Of course he knew what he was doing. If you ever watched him in his speeches or read anything of his you could see the 'spin' being spun. He knew full well that he was manipulating the public just as much as these traitors in office. He is just trying to cover his rear right now because he sees it all coming to a front soon. It just sucks that we have to wait until this term is up before we make any attempts to charge this criminal in office. By then we may very well be in a nasty 'Iranian Freedom' war.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I do hope that someone eventually scans each page of this book and posts it somewhere on the net for others to download and read somewhere as I certainly do not think that another DECEIVER from the Bush administration deserves to profit from any "confessional" book about those horrendous deceptions he helped to propagate during his time, in this case, as press secretary.

Not that I want to give the impression that I support any illegal activity but I do make an exception in this case as my first allegiance is to God, My Country, The Truth, and to the over 4,000 troops in the Iraq war who have lost their lives while serving our country in a war that never should have been declared in the first place and to all those poor citizens of our country who, going on 4 years now, are still living in FEMA trailer camps due to Hurricane Katrina -- and the list goes on and on and on.

No, I will not be buying McClellan's "confessional" book but am only comforted in knowing that someday this man will have a lot of explaining to do when he meets his maker at those golden gates! Will be sure to purchase front row tickets for that one!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
When every "former" insider is publicly 'coming clean' should we expect that there are more damning revelations to come?

It'd almost like they are all lining up to be on the 'public repentance' list.

Will this all come back to the earliest 'insider' accusations, you know, the one where Bush is supposed to have been complicit in some aspect or other of the 9/11 'event' (not the outrageous ones, mostly cover-ups for profiteering interests.) Those were the accusations that led to the Justice Branch's unilateral declaration that a president in office couldn't be sued.

OR isn't it more likely that the video and radio media, long hiding behind the 'make-believe' "Liberal" label will revise history for us, relying on the publics' short term memory and general ADD to spin it all over again for us. Now that the FCC has over time sanctioned the reduced the number of 'deciders' in that industry it should be quite easy to 'create' and 'deliver' a new vista for us all to enjoy.

Bring on the talking heads! Let the new wave of propaganda begin!

These stories are so convenient in timing and content that I suspect they may all part of the same agenda to deceive and misdirect. I hope everyone took good notes at the time, because we know the media didn't.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The irony is that the Bush Administration will use their network of right wing pundits for a propaganda campaign against him. He'll be labeled an opportunist trying to make money (which is essentially true but irrelevant if what he says in the book is correct) and something of a loose cannon/ wacko (which is not true but will still be believed by the far right). They will try to discredit him, just like they have all the other past critics of their Administration. Paul O'Neil, Richard Clarke, Joe Wilson, etc. They will try to ridicule, demonize, distort and divert public attention away from the book and toward what a bad person McClellan is.

In other words, they'll be operating exactly like McClellan says they do in the book. The problem is, rather than asking questions based on what McClellan has said, the weak mainstream corporate media will again allow the White House to pretty much control the public discussion of this issue. They will make sure that pro-Bush pundits slam McClellan HARD in the mainstream media, and that those pundits get tons of air time. It will, again, be a highly organized propoganda campaign by an Administration that's constantly in campaign mode.

Call me a psychic. An oracle. A prophet. Somehow I can see the future on this one.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by ClintK]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

I bet you nailed it! (sorry for the one-liner but, what more is there to say?) Star for you!

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's already begun. Tucker said that he was "under qualified" to be press secretary and that it's "amazing" he even had the job.

The MSM is useless.

Rove said, "He sounds like a left wing blogger"

Perino said he's not the Scott "we knew". That he is "disgruntled".

Bush said he is puzzled.

Rove also said that McClellan was out of the loop. Olbermann raised a good point in asking if that means all of the press secretaries are out of the loop.

Even on Olbermann, pundit says we "will not have bumper stickers saying 'Remember McClellen'", playing down the importance of the book and its revelations.

So Fox is going to rape this man's name, while CNN and MSNBC will downplay its importance. In the end, it will be brushed under the carpet along with every other whistleblower.

Next guest on Olbermann, James Moore from the Huffington Post, says there is a level of cowardice in how Scott handled it.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You have to admit that it is a great tactic. Passive Denial, bewilderment, astonishment :O

Let's just hope that the American people don't let them dismiss this one so easily.

We aren't that dumb....... Let's show the rest of the world that.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
IMO if Obama or McCain is elected I think that we will see pardons given to members of the Bush admin in either the interest or name if national reconciliation. Hillary would be less likely to grand pardons because she will want pay back for the Clinton stigma that is unless she is out protect her own interests and those of her party .

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Just to let you know, this article came out last Fall. I remember when it happened and I know this was allready discussed, but can't seem to find a thread. People knew then that McClellan was going to put this book out and gave the snippet on the V. Plame case. That is why it is surprising on the reaction of this last snippet. I guess it is because of the allegations of the misleading on the Iraq war, but again we already knew this so it doesn't surprise me.

There have been other Washington insiders that have also made the same claims, like Richard Clark and Paul Oneal. I hear Colin Powell is also planning on releasing a book on his role promoting the Iraq war, but he will probably wait till Bush's term is over.

Why is Scott McClellan different?

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Hal9000]

new topics

top topics

join