It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'

news.bbc.co.uk

Ex-US President Jimmy Carter has said Israel has at least 150 atomic weapons in its arsenal. The Israelis have never confirmed they have nuclear weapons, but this has been widely assumed since a scientist leaked details in the 1980s. Mr Carter made his comments on Israel's weapons at a press conference at the annual literary Hay Festival in Wales. He also described Israeli treatment of Palestinians as "one of the greatest human rights crimes on earth".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hum, how does this man really know that they have nuclear weapons? Israel has never said they have them, so how do we know?

Any thoughts on all this?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Olmert rather gave the game away when he said:

"Can you say that this is the same level, when [Iran] are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as France, America, Russia and Israel?" (source: The Telegraph)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't know it seems he's trying to start trouble. They can say he won a peace prize. But, it seems like he's looking for trouble. Saying stuff like that and

"One of the greatest human rights crimes on earth is the starvation and imprisonment of 1.6m Palestinians," he said.

On top of this he held talks

In April he controversially held talks in the Syrian capital Damascus with Khaled Meshaal, leader of the militant Palestinian movement Hamas.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They have had nuclear weapons for a long time. As early as the early to mid 70's

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
........X-Pres Carter is one of the few men on earth today that is willing to tell the truth...The truth about what is really happening to the inhabitants of the area..Be it Jew or Arab they grow up learning pure unadulterated evil......................................
....Nukes ?...sure Israel has them..150 ?...does the number matter ?...What keeps nations from bullying others is equal military powers.......................For almost all of Israel's 60 yrs in existance they have had the best military "our money" could buy them..
..what they couldn't "buy" from us they simply used spys..and made there own.... atomic bombs..Israel will do "whatever it takes"..(9-11,etc)...to get others to help there causes............................
...Carter is a brave man to tell the truth...The world loves Carter for the honest man that he is..There never were skeletons in his closet for the typical "black-mail"....a Washington staple...All the hate in that area must stop...and stop at the school age level...or things will never change...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Carter once again talking out of his ass. He was one of the absolute worst POTUS the US ever had, now he is living up to his rep by being one of the worst former POTUS ever.

Israel has nukes, I don't think anyone doubts this, but at the same time, since there inception, the arabs have been trying to commit genocide against them and I don't blame them for getting weapons to insure there survival. As for the Palestinians, Israel has offered them peace time and again, but iran, syria, hezbollah, and hamas will not let that happen. Carter needs to address the real reason why Palestine does not exist, and it has nothing to do with Israel and everything to do with the arab states and iran.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Well I know I could never, ever trust someone who is betraying me in such a way. Carter is over there talking to Khaled Meshaal, leader of the militant Palestinian movement Hamas. In the same breath saying that, "One of the greatest human rights crimes on earth is the starvation and imprisonment of 1.6m Palestinians" He is stirring up trouble for Israel. That is obvious!!!!

Everyone here may say Israel has Nukes. However, where is your proof?

How do we know? Israel has not came out and said it. Maybe they put rumors out so too scare their neighbors or maybe it is true.

None the less though Carter is starting more trouble for both Israel and us. Cause if Israel gets into too much trouble we will be there for them.

In my opinion Carter needs to shut up and should of never went over there or said those words!!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Heres a link describing "the samson option" stating Israels possible nuclear deterrent.

The Samson Option

even though it doesnt prove that they have them it still makes for interesting reading.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

He's an idiot, an honest idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

In this case, he's probably right. Many people suspect that the Israelis have some number of nuclear weapons and the 150 that he proposes they have is actually a good bit less than the rumors I've heard in the past. Granted, you are quite correct in saying that we do not know for sure. The Israelis will not confirm or deny it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well Carter is quite right, Israel does have nuclear weapons.
The next question is, are they cobalt lined or not.
Cobalt lined nuclear weapons are quite simply death for everyone in the middle east, so I really hope they don't.
I also hope they never use them, but it puts into perspective why every other country wants nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Everyone here may say Israel has Nukes. However, where is your proof?

The evidence was provided by Mordechai Vanunu a technician working at the Dimona processing plant.

For a nation that for the last 60 years has made the treatment of it's peoples during the Holocaust a central tenet of it's culture and then metes out that same treatment of segregation, ghettoisation, apartheid and racial hatred is just outright offensive in the slightest...The closest parallel you could draw to the treatment of the Palestinian peoples at the hands of the Israeli State is that of someone who was abused in its infancy who then grows up to become an abuser themselves in later life...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Israel's nuclear program has been an open secret for decades. There are reliable sources that place the number of weapons over 200. I'm surprised Carter didn't bring South Africa's involvement with the program, but then that would debase his presidency.

As was quoted by a like minded individual within this thread. Carter was the worse president who held office in the last 150 years. I have high hopes that Clinton will out perform him as worst ex-president, but Carter keeps raising the bar.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This thread is a great object lesson in the delusory worldview of the far right.

Israel's nuclear arsenal is a fact and has been for decades.

Carter is simply stating something obvious, but not "PC" in the eyes of the far right, so he's getting pilloried for it.

Stating that Israel has a nuclear arsenal is about as controversial as saying that the Earth orbits the Sun and not the other way around.

Carter would get lambasted as a "traitor" out to destroy the USA, apple pie, mom, and the flag by these people for saying water runs downhill

The far right is a lot like a cult - as are most extremist ideological camps, truth be told... there are just more of the quasi-fascist types here in the US at this point in history.

[edit on 5/26/08 by xmotex]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Israel had 150 a long time ago. By now they prob have upwards of 4-500.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

they don`t have the space at dimona to store 500

as allready linked the man who blew the whistle on teh entire `jewish bomb` is likely the most hounded jew on teh planet and will be till he dies - he has no freedom and never will do.

a shame since he brought the photos of the inside of dimona to the world.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
This thread is a great object lesson in the delusory worldview of the far right.

Israel's nuclear arsenal is a fact and has been for decades.

So you know this to be a fact!!!! Where is the article or evidence that tells us this?

Carter is simply stating something obvious, but not "PC" in the eyes of the far right, so he's getting pilloried for it.

PC has nothing to do with it!!!! Nor does the far right!!! What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong!!! NO matter how you look at it when you betray your country and talk to the enemy and count them as more important than you are not a very nice person!!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Do they have nuclear weapons, probably?
I would like to know where the 150 number comes from-seems to me he pulled it out his arse-no proof at all.
The reason Israel having them "IS" keeping the relative peace is this.
The Muslim hoards have the numbers; this is perfectly counter balanced by Israel’s nuclear weapons.
If the Muslim hordes had the numbers and nuclear weapons, they would use them to kill every man woman and child in Israel.
Only a sick mind would find that desirable.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Very interesting article.

There is one thing I don't understand, and I am looking for any response that makes sense:

If Israel has nuclear weapons, why wouldn't they just say this? Isn't the deterrence factor one of the greatest uses of nuclear weapons, and benefits to owning them?

So it doesn't make sense that any country would go to the extreme trouble of creating nuclear weapons and not immediately announce this to the world. That would be stupid.

It seems to me much more likely that a country such as Israel would not build nuclear weapons, but not renounce them either. That would be an easy way of keeping everyone guessing.

So I think it is probably true that Israel DOES NOT have nuclear weapons.

Maybe there is a flaw in my logic. I'm interested in any explanation, strange or otherwise.

(Edit: Fix spelling.)

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just one more comment. Although it cannot be proven that Israel has (or does not have) nuclear weapons -- I think it can be well supported that Israel has never TESTED a nuclear weapon.

That would be impossible to conceal from the world. I am confident in our ability to detect that.

There isn't enough landmass in Israel to make nuclear weapons – I don't think. Where would they test them?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Buck Division]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join