It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet is Abuzz with Story That The FBI is Investigating The Bush Admin For War Crimes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Internet is Abuzz with Story That The FBI is Investigating The Bush Admin For War Crimes

www.opednews.com

NEWSWEEK magazine (May 20, 2008) kicked off the story last week that a 370-page government report reveals the FBI has been putting together a case of War Crimes against other departments and the Bush-Cheney Administration.

The NEWSWEEK reporters, Mark Hosenball and Michael Isikoff, wrote, “The long awaited 370-page Justice report on the abuse issue may be the most authoritative public account yet on the fierce internal struggles within the Bush administration over how terror suspects should be interrogated. The report states that one FBI agent who witnessed the CIA's interrogation of Zubaydah in the spring of 2002 was so upset that he protested it amounted to ‘borderline torture.’ But when Office of Inspector General investigators in Jan. 2007 sought to question Zubaydah (who by then had been transferred from an overseas agency ‘black’ site to Guantanamo Bay), the CIA's acting general counsel, John Rizzo, refused to let them do so, the report states.” These NEWSWEEK authors had opened their piece by stating, “The CIA last year refused to permit Justice Department investigators to question a key Al Qaeda detainee about what happened to him in the agency's custody, including reports that he was subjected to ‘waterboarding’ and other abusive interrogation methods.” In summary, that NEWSWEEK article, entitled “Borderline Torture”, sought to make a statement that there exist a “fierce internal struggles within the Bush administration over how terror suspects should be interrogated”. The announcement of the release of this government report sent sparks of interest through the internet last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Jeez...No wonder these guys are pushing so hard to go after the internet!!

Look at the amount of hits that are being registered! That equates to a LOT of people who are getting info that these criminals do not want them to know!

Is this the beginning of accountability starting to rear its head?

Currently, if one puts in the five key words “War Crimes Bush Cheney Impeachment”, YAHOO shows nearly 6 million hits. Meanwhile, Google hits number almost 1,700,000. The time appears to be ripe to take the media’s focus this summer of 2008 to Washington D.C. and aim for impeachment now. The NEWSWEEK authors indicated clearly in their piece on the recently released federal report that there is furious infighting among and within branches of government by many officials in key positions who have monitored the comings and goings of the White House and intelligence branches --operating from its sphere. This means that if proper war crimes cases are filed immediately, there will be numerous government officials ready to pass on findings and research on war crimes carried out under the watch of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yep, before the internet it was easy to control the information. Now, anyone with a camera and a laptop can expose tons of secrets. Time will only tell when they do try to do a full takeover of the internet. But, it has grown too large, that task will not go well with the common person.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, it's about time! However, since the FBI is under the president's control, I don't expect much to come of it. I think the international community would have to do an independent investigation. Unless China decides to head up the effort (and why would the do that?), I don't see this going very far.

Besides, even if the FBI or someone else intended to bring them up on charges, they would create a red herring to get everyone freaked out enough to shut up and do as they are told. (Well, maybe not everyone)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
I think the international community would have to do an independent investigation. Unless China decides to head up the effort (and why would the do that?), I don't see this going very far.

China and the rest of the world have every reason to go after the Bush administration. I don't think anyone likes or approves of these insane war-mongering Nazis anymore.......

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First time posting here...

On the subject of the US administration eventually attempting an internet takeover, I think that's unrealistic. Not only is there far too much information on the internet, I'm sure it'd be impossible to block every single website that disagreed with the administration's views. With technology, there's a way to get around every firewall, and the people who really want to know the information and are willing to spread it would be the ones who would know how: the newest generation, my generation.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So....what took them so long?

It's about bloody time these criminals are held accountable for their crimes against America, the Constitution, and the people of the world.

I think all the heads of the military-industrial complex are just as complicit and should also be brought down!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I hope I will see one day a bag over Bush's and Cheney's head like the did to Saddam! It's amazing the the American public doesn't stand up to them, cause one day they will all be looked upon like the germans were after WWII. It took along time to get people to stop thinking every german was a Nazi. Heck some people still think that way. I hope Americans realize this and take up there arms before they lose that right to and march up to capitol hill and take back there country.

Love and Light

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
HMMM... Interesting but somehow I doubt it. Why? because the director of the FBI is a bush man and I seriously doubt that he would let this go forward. We can hope though.

In all actuality though... if they were to be tried for war crimes (which they should be in my humble opinion) they should be turned over to the Hague... it would give the trials a legetimacy that having them here simply wouldn't have otherwise.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The red flag this raises with me is that it seems even more likely that the NeoCons will try to subvert the election process this fall because now they really do have everything to lose - their freedom not just their power.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

But when investigators from the Office of the Inspector General sought to question Zubaydah in January 2007 (who by then had been transferred from an overseas agency "black" site to Guantánamo Bay), the CIA's acting general counsel, John Rizzo, refused to let them do so, the report states.

This was in contrast to Defense Department officials who permitted the Justice investigators to question other detainees who were at Guantánamo and were also allegedly subjected to abusive interrogation methods. But Rizzo, acting for the CIA, refused in part on the grounds that Zubaydah "could make false allegations against CIA employes," the report by Inspector General Glenn Fine states.

I find this to be an exceptionally interesting excerpt. What it tells me is that the CIA general counsel (then Rizzo) had the authority to obstruct, and essentially, kill an investigation by Inspector General Glenn Fine.

Based on what executive power can that happen?

Consider that we are talking about interviewing a prisoner not some national secrets holder, and further, we were talking about a legally authorized investigation by a law enforcement authority, not a public hearing. So why would the fact that a prisoner might make false claims about his jailers be a realistic reason to block an investigation?

Also, do we really envision the resources of the FBI being directed at this investigation as 'free from bias and political control?' As an organ of the Executive branch does it seem likely that no political revisionist history will take place?

The truth is we have no body capable of carrying out this investigation in such a manner as to make it free from suspicion on it's own merit. Hence, an international body is almost always called for when "War Crimes" are cited. Having this thing carried out internally is the neocons 'safest bet' if you ask me.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I dunno.... I am hoping that the FBI pursues this and dosen't sweep it under the rug. We always have the hope that maybe someone will leak something profund to the world community or something and the other countries will take action aganist Bush and co. Doubt it, but hopefully something will give.

If this does go through tho I see Bush bailing out of the country.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
I hope I will see one day a bag over Bush's and Cheney's head like the did to Saddam! It's amazing the the American public doesn't stand up to them, cause one day they will all be looked upon like the germans were after WWII. It took along time to get people to stop thinking every german was a Nazi. Heck some people still think that way. I hope Americans realize this and take up there arms before they lose that right to and march up to capitol hill and take back there country.

Love and Light

they'll probably appease the public by giving you that sight...
but will it really be their faces under those bags?
nah.. probably safe in some bunker somewhere. miiiiles below the surface.
they've done way too many favors for their cronies over in the private sector to not be well taken care of after the fact.
remember Ken Lay?
mmmm?

-

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I hope I will see one day a bag over Bush's and Cheney's head like the did to Saddam!

I'll bring the pop corn

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
It's amazing the the American public doesn't stand up to them, cause one day they will all be looked upon like the germans were after WWII. It took along time to get people to stop thinking every german was a Nazi.
Love and Light

Excellent point. Spaxz.

If you've never been outside the US, it's harder to comprehend, but Americans are already suffering this situation. Whilst not all Americans are redneck Bu$h lovers, since 2005, allot of people from other nations look upon Bush's America as rogue and corrupt and is being run by a grade A moron.

I guess what it boils down to and what I hear over and over again is, the US govt are nothing but hypocrites who invade countries for weapons that don't exist and while we're on that subject, if the US arms itself to the hilt with all kinds of deadly bombs, why can't anyone else? I mean, surely if we've learned anything, we've learned that the US is the country most likely to blow a country to kingdom come, so why the hell shouldn't they [the other countries] arm themselves?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I too wish there were some legal proceeding against the Bush administration for war crimes. But, I am not holding my breath. Generally speaking the only people ever tried for war crimes are those who suffer a decided defeat, like the Nazi's, like Saddam. As long as we remain a strong military presence in the world I dont think it will ever happen. Even if there were a "trial" it would only end in an acquittal.

I also think it is a shame we do not prosecute some of our political leaders for treason when their actions cause serious harm to the constitution and the country, but as long as Americans are more interested in "American Idol" than politics, that aint gonna happen either.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacSen191

If this does go through tho I see Bush bailing out of the country.

You see correctly. Bush has already thought of this and has bought 100000 acres of land in Paraguay. The same place all the Nazis went after WW2.

www.scoop.co.nz...

There is the story happy reading.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987

I hope I will see one day a bag over Bush's and Cheney's head like the did to Saddam!

I'll bring the pop corn

Ill bring the Soda and Beer
. Ill bring a few rocks too.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

With google, click "Show ommitted posts" at the bottom of the last page, and you will get your 6,000,000.

nevermind that.

you will get this error.

Sorry, Google does not serve more than 1000 results for any query.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by shiman]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
They had to wait untill he is out of presidency to do this. They cant get him if he is not president.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join