It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Comet Hits SUN? (major coronal ejection) SOHO Video Links

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by brdgerstmann
Could the sun's reaction be the result of an electrostatic attraction to the approaching body. I'm assuming that the molten iron on the surface of the sun would electrically be attracted to an iron core in the commet, yes, no?
Just a thought.

This is pretty much the thinking of the electric universe model, which also says comets are not so much ice/rocks etc, but more - 'charged' plasma.

I also like the explanation for the zillions of craters on the moon, which some 'experts' have always maintained are not impact craters. The electric universe model suggests that the majority of the lunar 'craters' are the result of massive electical-type discharges - presumably between the moon and other charged bodies passing by. Interestingly - and apologies if I am repeating previously discussed material - the same cratering effect has been achieved in lab conditions using electrical discharges.

Duncan

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Interesting theory. There are thousands of craters on the moon, you would think that we would have seen an example of this theory in resent history (say, in the last 100 years?)

I don't know what you think of Maj Ed Dames, but he presents a similar senario in which a large body passes between the Sun and the Earth, and the ensuing solar storm creates an extinction level event. He postulates that simularily life may have nearly been wiped out on Earth by the same type of event (e.g., extinction of the dinosaurs).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
In response to your earlier question about why the ejection happened, it relates to its size, speed and mass. Obviously something of this size would create a large amount of gravity, and the mass would only increase as it accelerates towards the sun. The sun in return has its own gravitational fields which would have been only slightly disrupted, channeling the plume towards it.

So a Comet comes within a million kilometers to the SUN. The Sun reacts violently with a huge mass coronal discharge that bombards the earth disrupting satellites (Communication systems worldwide) not to mention were getting slammed by x-rays, gamma rays and neutrinos and who knows what ever else that we get slammed with.

Quite happy for the extra solar activity causing disruption, better than the comet hitting us

I'm actually suprised as you were that not more was released to the press, but then Phoenix was also impressive. A powered landing on the North pole of Mars to search for extra-terrestrial life (supposedly) does beat big rock hitting sun. Better images and graphics for Joe Public of Phoenix than SOHO
Excellent report!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff going on here.

I'm somewhat puzzled about something with the size of this object. I don't want to dismiss the possibility of it being larger than Earth, but if that was the case wouldn't people with telescopes observed it in the time leading up to the collision? Or was the trajectory of the object such that it was in some sort of blind spot of space (in relation to our planet)? Was the material this thing was composed of something that made it hard to spot...sort of stealthy in some way?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow, the second link to the "current" mpeg is a spectacular sight.

First of all that comet is huge, why was there no notice of this. Could this be what NASA decided to tell us, then decide NOT to tell us about? Perhaps because they didn't know what the outcome might be. What it may do to satellites ect.

I mean did you see the solar winds or whatever you call them coming off all areas of the sun for a good while after the comet hit it/burned up into it? That was spectacular. I'm sure thats gotta have some effect on things in Near earth orbit, and our ozone layer.

Again, spectacular sight.

The other object moving toward the sun we figured was Venus, or mecury right? So no worries there, at least I don't think.

Either way, starred and flagged, amazing.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm sitting here watching these mpegs, and i'm starting to get a bit worried.

Now, I am not a believer of Nibiru, or 2012 doomsday events. But I am a believer of huge objects bouncing around the galaxy like ping pong balls, and the chances of one impacting the earth, or the sun, and haveing catasrophic implications for us.

I don't wanna derail the thread at all, but the Screen shot on the OP. Now if they are saying the comet as earth sized, how can that object makeing a B-line for the sun be Venus or Mercury? Even if it was Venus makeing a pass in front of the sun from our perspective it shouldn't be that big.

Someone mentioned what if this comet was a test, earth made, and launched at the sun. That got me to thinking.

What if it was from earth but not a test of impacts on the sun, but a "pop shot" at that object? I don't know how we could create something that big, But if you look at it, it's on the right side, heading toward that object, and then the Suns massive gravity just sucks it in.Is this miss number 1?

Again I think back to the big NASA announcement that was pulled, and never announced. I'm a bit worried.

I'm not one to worry like this usually, but do we have solid concrete proof that, the Huge object in the Screencapture is Venus, or Mercury? Also is it supposed to pass in front of, or behind the Sun? I'll try to do some research myself, but i'm hopeing someone might already have this information and can put my mind at ease quicker.

thnx

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread... what I think is happening is the comet as it move through the solar system for so many years at high speeds builds up static electricty to the point that its self sustaining? now if you have 2 attractive forces here with an object as large as the earth number 1 gravity and number 2 electrostatic energy which would easily pull up tons of the suns material right before impact or if the comet isnt being held strong enough by its own structure, the gravitational and electrostatic force created by the tug of the sun and itself would easily destroy it.. This would explain why a comet 30 million miles away from the sun would be destroyed by the sun... the magnetic force on top of the already incredible gravitational pull would easily do the trick....The solar system has particles everywhere which would create friction to the comet and create this electrostatic charge which would also probaly explain the jets... some of the jets could be coming into the comet not all outwards from the electrostatic pull on stardust.. in combination with heat from the sun ejecting the material out in some places and taking in from other places from the electrostatic charge... the comet could be propelled by gravity, heat, and magnetism... I beleive this would totally create a nice solar flare before crashing into the sun becuase it will have an amazing attracting force on upper photosphere of the sun which is very light material that would easily be pulled up by the comet by the immense, gravitational and electrostatic pull before its disentegration. So it will look like a huge splash and flash.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Never even heard of SOHO before good stuff!!! The waves that you see after the near miss are very impresive to say the least. Trying to imagine how such waves would be felt on Earth.

Off topic. regarding the gen3 night vision and UFO's I used to see them all the time some would fly straight out at high rates of speed, others would bank at hard angles and go shooting straight up into the sky only to disapear. Some would even make loud zzzz noises and give off heat as they flew by. Of course we called them tracer rounds...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Try looking at the website www.thunderbolts.info for why the sun might have reacted electromagnetically to the comet. And a comment to one of the comments, I was under the impression that for all intents and purposes, we really don't know a lot about the internal composition of comets, and what we summized about the outside is turning out not to be correct. Comets are not just "dirty snowballs but perhaps more like asteroids. The tail is electric ionization trail ,not water vapor.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

There are elements out there that can resist the heat of the sun. As hot as the sun is.. Not sure how many kalvins right off the top of my head.
But a substance known as carbon 60 can withstand the heat from the sun.

single nanoballs resist heat treatment up to 4300 K

If an object was composed of this carbon 60, or a natural form of Carbon 60 and a very massive body.. It very well could hit the suns surface..

Just throwing that into the ring here.. But this is all off the top of my head.

just a quick lookup says:

Suns surface: approx 5,780 K
Corona temperature.. much much higher. carbon 60 wouldn't even make it close I fear.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by brdgerstmann
Interesting theory. There are thousands of craters on the moon, you would think that we would have seen an example of this theory in resent history (say, in the last 100 years?)

I don't know what you think of Maj Ed Dames, but he presents a similar senario in which a large body passes between the Sun and the Earth, and the ensuing solar storm creates an extinction level event. He postulates that simularily life may have nearly been wiped out on Earth by the same type of event (e.g., extinction of the dinosaurs).

We have never published anything by Ed Dames, and we have never invited him to speak at any of our conferences. This should tell you what I think of the credibility of Ed Dames.

Duncan (hoping he doesn't get another warning for being disrespectful of others)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Do we know whether this is an isolated incident or one of a series?
Can this cause global warming if it occurs repeatedly?

There is the SciFi concept of taking a nickle iron asteroid, drilling a hole in it and filling the hole with water. You plug the hole and send it in close pass of the Sun.

The Asteroid liquifys, purifys and blows up like a balloon, solidifys, and you catch it and make a Rondevous With Rama type habitat using it as the hull. It would be interesting to see if this is repeated, or if there is a large nickleiron sphere out there.

The Dyson sphere is an extension of this concept where a multitude of these spheres are placed equidistant from a star. They form a larger spherical shell around the star. This maximizes the utilization of the solar energy for living space.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just paused and looked at frame 16 of that video on the LASCO site in the OP and saw this HUGE solar wide shockwave

And then to see the sun gobble up this massive object and just continue its business as normal.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I read here more than I post. I just wanted to say thank you for the incredible images and for finding this.

I am wondering, if in fact the size of the object was larger than Earth, why it hadn't been noticed before or this event wasn't reported.
That makes me think either there is bad news associated with is event, or someone doesn't want the people to realize such a massive object has eluded discovery.

Anyways. Great post and great site. Thank you! I've been a long time visitor for years. Keep up the great work!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a very interesting find; it seems that this object did indeed hit the sun, and thus resulted in the ejection; however, I wouldn't be too alarmed at an event like this. Consider this, if you will; if something is entering Earth's atmosphere the object appears larger than it is. Like when a meteor or the shuttle re-enters (I believe this has something to do with the intense heat being created), so in theory if something is headed towards the sun it could also produce this kind of effect with heat and light. Of course this is just speculation. Again, nice find!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Back on November 4, 2006 a similar thing happened but the comet I saw caused a larger impact than this recent one.

This is link to the post I participated in for that day. It shows the current solar activity but there is one loop toward the bottom of the page which shows the impact created by the plunge:
Comet On SOHO

Anywho, just thought I'd share that as this thread reminded me of that day.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DearWife

So there have been several incidents recently. Is that historically unusual?
Or is it a fairly common occurance?

If "someone" were to steer these objects into the sun, could they manipulate global warming in our solar system?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I don't wanna derail the thread at all, but the Screen shot on the OP. Now if they are saying the comet as earth sized, how can that object makeing a B-line for the sun be Venus or Mercury? Even if it was Venus makeing a pass in front of the sun from our perspective it shouldn't be that big.

Why shouldn't it be that "big" ? Should it be a tiny dot? You have to remember, it's our perspective from SOHO. Those planets will give off the illusion that they are huge due to over exposed lighting. I doubt mr. PX would be anything more than a small point of light that seems motionless, not what you see here, if it infact exists which I doubt and is due in 2012 which I doubt. If you really want to go to the extreme, it's PX and it's been the very first planet all this time, because it's certainly revolving around the sun. Truth is if you're a regular viewer of SOHO, you know all too well what other planets will look like when you spot them for the hundredth time. Fairly easy to know the first time you see them when compared against the background of stars. This one here is Venus.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

I don't know much about Ed Dames myself, just was hoping for some feed back.

Is there any way to determin the speed and general trajectoy of this object. It would seem that if we had this information we could extrapolate backwards and determine if it were possible for NASA, or any other agenency, to have known this commet was coming.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Hi Cyberbian,

I've seen some smaller ones on SOHO that vaporized before reaching the sun. But nothing like that November 2006 one. This recent one was small compared to that one.

Here's some other ones from youtube. There might be more on there somewhere:
SOHO - Comets Hit the Sun

Comets Collide into the Sun

Some of you might find reading Meteorology by Aristotle interesting as it mentions what comets could mean for the earth. The ones I can remember off hand are, droughts and earthquakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join