It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church is the 'opiate of the people.'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The church system conspires against the people to keep them dumb and blind. Since the beginning it was like this. Jesus faced them and they killed him, but he overcame with the truth and his resurrection.

The church system tries to put people to sleep or wake them up and make them feel like making war. Its an opiate though in most cases, to just dumb congregations into oblivion and delusion.

In this way, the church system is part opf the political system is part of the military system of the NWO. They are very useful to them in bringing on war, and THEN pacified mindless homefront workers.

Don;t you agree ?

PS) Not all church people but the vast majority of them and yet each individual has to be judged individually to see if their opiate has truly effected them.
PPS) As a full time Christian missionary since the 70's I may be able to relay to you a number of instances.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Actually the opposite is true. The church has been warning about the NWO for the last 2000 years. It is where the idea comes from. It's interesting you quote famous atheist and the father of communism Karl Marx. You knew he's the one that coined the phrase "opiate of the people" right? Yeah the one who was responsible for the greatest "big brother" system the world has ever seen the USSR. Check out China and North Korea wile your at it if you want to see what a NWO is like. They always outlaw religion first.

The illuminati are desperately are pushing atheism through the elite controlled corporate whore scientists that have taken over the major universities. Sounds like you are falling for it too. Faith empowers people to rise above their circumstances. That's why communist dictatorships like Stalin and Mao burn churches and outlaw religion. History tells a different tale.

[edit on 5/25/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

They outlaw religion because religion is a form of people control, and they want all the power. At least, they want to be able to implement decisions without hindrances from institutions like religion.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Depends how you intreprit it... Religion and NWO are like two competing phonecompanies badmouthing eachother to make you choose either.
One company restricts which numbers you can call the other tells you during which hours it's posible for you to make a call.
I say... Why do you need a phone at all? Neither religion or NWO offers a free mind.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Religion is not "people control" that's NWO propaganda that you have been sold. Religion is about worshiping God. Well there are some problems with organized religion. I can only speak for the church of Jesus Christ (by that I mean the body of born again believers - not an organization) and I know it has been the source of the greatest freedom the world has ever seen. The difference is obvious compare the USA with China. When the founding fathers of the United States wrote the Declaration of Independence they were concerned with Monarchies like King George taking their rights. Much like the NWO. So what is the source of human rights? Thomas Jefferson famously condensed this to:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights. . ."

By their creator. Get it? Then no Man or System has the right to take them away. So if you want to take them you go after belief in the creator. Thats what the rise in atheism and books like the The God Delusion are really about. God is the source of human freedom and dignity. We are made in his image. That's why belief in God is essential to fight a totalitarian world system.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Belief in God is neither here nor there, and there's no reason to disparrage atheists.
Organised religion is a form of control, there's no doubt in my mind - How else could we have something like the dark ages? A thousand years of superstition, persecution, intolerance, ignorance and fear. And look what happened as soon as religion lost control - the enlightenment!
Look at how churches have manipulated Monarchs and politicians in the past for their own ends! It still goes on now. Pressuring rulers and political figures and laws is another way to control.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You getting two concepts totally messed up. And two truths totally confused. The church system is and always has been totally devoid and violent and self righteous and opposed to the Lord. They had him killed and will be killing us because they are law and order and good citizens of this world. Therefore as Jesus said, and as can be experienced in real life, 'which of the prophets have ye not killed'. For they have killed them all. They live in comfort. They love false prophets that prophesy unto them easy things. They hate the prophets that decklare that nationalism, materialism are false gods. Because that is what the church system preaches and teaches and demands. They are in bed with the world and the political systems and the ILLUMINATI.

Yes, new independant churches in Russia and China are persecuted, but they do not represent the church system, but these newbies connect up with the Lord and hear from the Lord out of desperation. They are a threat, until the church system takes them over.

So see this, Bro, and then modify your idealism about church, for they are vile, as before so today.

Mod Edit: Entire quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 25/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by cruzion

Like the above poster, you need a little knowledge of history and discernment.

YES, absolutely organized religion is a form of control. Absolutely, they do not tell the truth, nor liberate and so it becomes a business of spirit and the flesh. Its a con, but the people love a con, if it gets them self esteem or position or a community, no matter how vile at the heart these communities are.

But that in no way negates Jesus truths becuase he told this truth about these groups, for they are the ones that hated him the most, and got him killed.

SEE WHo killed Jesus

For the Illuminati run the world and the Lord allows it, because even in defeat JESUS wins...

More later...

But good point the churches are a total power game.... right on. I know this from deally with them for years and years... OH are they hateful and violent

Mod Edit: Full post quote removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 25/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Brethren, Believers, responders, readers.

Because church people are zealous to espouse their church rather than their ideas, lets FIRST make a differenitation between church and the church system.

Most honest people even some church people realise the horrible past evils even if they don;t see the church systems present evils. It is inexcuseable, even as they killed the Lord. For they are the scribes and pharisees of today, no difference.

But the difference is, the problem is that there are a few reasonable churches who are not aligned to big groups, and not aligned to the world, and not aligned to politics, materialism and nationalism, but aligned to the Lord. very few, but it has to be admitted.

So the broad statement about the church system being the opiate of the people and being a bed mate of the Illuminati is true and correct and multitude of verses show it. (As we will get into) And a multitidue of current events will show it (which the agnostics will try to prove is evidence that Jeswus is no good. For to them, Jesus is represented by the evil church system....and so they rightfully reject the church system GOOD ON THEM. Their problem is they throw out the baby with the bath water

OK< Understanding this highly charged word CHURCH, into CHURCH SYSTEM and into church people can definitely herlp in the discussion.

For there again is a discernment and literary sticking point. All church people are not the same, a few church people are actually aligned to the Lord, so we can not say all church people are drugged and opiated. Most but not all. A few churches teach enough truths to open up peoples eyes, rather than close them.

Hope that helps, the agnostics, atheists and Christians and ALL inthis discussion.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidjayjordan

Sorry but you can't love Jesus and hate his church.

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.(Ephesians 5:23)

Perhaps you should define the "church system" then because there are many. Who are you referring to? The Lutherans, the Baptists, perhaps the Episcopals? Just because they are imperfect people doesn't give you the the right to judge them and discount their salvation. We are all imperfect and any large body of people is going to have issues.

I use the traditional definition of the Bible as my reference for he term church -- not the systems of men. Perhaps that is where you are erring. The Bible calls the the living body of believers as the "church". I like to stick with the Biblical definition, again what definition are you using?

1 Corinthians 3

On Divisions in the Church

1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

David I think what you mean to say is the Apostate church perhaps? We are told many will fall away with itching ears for what they want to hear, into false doctrines. Personally I try to approach debates with believers over scripture and doctrine with a different tact than I do with those who attack intentionally. There are plenty of vehement atheists that love to belittle Christians. I just want you to consider that you are spending your energy attacking the church and you might very well be unintentionally attacking Christ in your zealousness.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Davidjayjordan

Sorry but you can't love Jesus and hate his church.

(HIS CHURCH IS THE ECCELSIA, THE CALLED OUT ONES. tHE CHURCH SYSTEM IS OF THE DEVIL AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN BECAUSE THEY ARE CALLED INTO THE WORLDLY SYSTEMS AND LOVE THEIR PLACE IN THEM. THEREFORE THEY HATED THE lORD, AND THEREFORE THEY HAVE KILLED ALL HIS PROPHETS AND PEOPLE)

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.(Ephesians 5:23)
(THATS PAUL TALKING NOT THE LORD. i'D EXPLAIN IT, BUT THIS BOARD USUALLY DOESN;T ALLOW ME TO POST ON SEXUALITY AND THE CHURCH SYSTEM CONSPIRACY AGAINST WOMEN AND SEXUALITY)

Perhaps you should define the "church system" then because there are many. Who are you referring to? (AS MENTIONED EARLY AND MANY TIMES, CHURCH IN THIS CASE, MEANS CHURCH SYSTEM, pROTESTANTS, cATHOLICS, ETC ETC......) The Lutherans, the Baptists, perhaps the Episcopals? (tHERE YOU go, THE BIGGER THE SYSTEM, THE MORE LIKLIHOOD THEY ARE TOTALLY PART OF THE WORLD. AND DO THEY GET ANGRY WITH THOSE NOT IN THEIR SELF RIGHTEOUS MODE) Just because they are imperfect people doesn't give you the the right to judge them and discount their salvation. We are all imperfect and any large body of people is going to have issues. (PEOPLE JUDGE THEMSELVES WHEN THEY ARE SELF RIGHTEOUS FOR THEN THE lORD CAN;T FORGIVE THEM, EVEN AS THEY WAGE WAR ON OTHER COUNTRIES AND HATE UPON THOSE THAT DON;T FOLLOW THEIR DOGMA. AND YES WE ARE TO DISCERN WHICH PEOPLE ARE jESUS FOLLOWERS OF LOVE AND MERCY AND WHICH ARE BOUND TO THE LAW AND LOVE WAR AND VIOLENCE. CHURCH SYSTEMS LOVE WAR AND WAGING WAR, AND KILLING THE LORD'S PROPHETS. jesus SAID SO, AND THEN THEY PLOTTED AND KILLED HIM AS WELL)

I use the traditional definition of the Bible as my reference for he term church -- not the systems of men. (THEN IN THIS THREAD YOU WILL GET MIXED UP. MY QUOTE CAME FROM THE HEATHEN THAT REALISED THAT THE CHURCH SYSTEM IS AN OPIATE OF THE PEOPLE. AND KEEP THEM STUPIFIED AND IGNORANT AND COMPLIENT TO THEM. THAT PRINCIPLE IS A TRUTH AND DOES APPLY TO THE VAST MAJORITY OF CHURCHES TODAY.) Perhaps that is where you are erring. The Bible calls the the living body of believers as the "church". I like to stick with the Biblical definition, again what definition are you using? (THE CHURCH SYSTEM IS CALLED THE CHURCH BY CHURCH PEOPLE AS THEY LOVE TO THINK BY DEFINITION THEY ARE PART OF THE LORD'S CHURCH, SO I TEND NOT TO USE THE WORD CHURCH AT ALL. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE WAY THE DRUG PUSHERS INSIDE THE CHURCH SYSTEM OPIATE THEIR CONGREGATIONS WITH SMOOTH TALK AND EASY PROPHECY AND GET THEM JUST TO GO TO WORK FOR MATERIALISM AND SUPPORT WARS FOR NATIONALISM. STRAIGHT FORWARD AND SIMPLE. )

[edit on 5/25/2008 by Bigwhammy] [/quote

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Dr. Steven Weinberg

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

David I think what you mean to say is the Apostate church perhaps? We are told many will fall away with itching ears for what they want to hear, into false doctrines. Personally I try to approach debates with believers over scripture and doctrine with a different tact than I do with those who attack intentionally. There are plenty of vehement atheists that love to belittle Christians. I just want you to consider that you are spending your energy attacking the church and you might very well be unintentionally attacking Christ in your zealousness.

The apostate church has been here ever since Cain killed Abel. They worship themselves not the Lord. They are scribes and pharisees. Check their history, they are not new. They killed the Lord and have killed all the prophets. They are extremely dangerous. The agnostics and atheists seldom run around killing Christians, they couldn;t care less about religion, it is the religionists who are dangerous extremely dangerous. they will imprison us, they will kill us not the athiests and agnostics.

The NWO is religious, they have a relion, and a NOAHIDE CODE. They are law and order and demand obediance or DEATH. Read it and weep.

The systemites are the one's to fear and they are religious.

The athiests of course attack the churchies because of the easy to see sins of the self righteous church system in their wars and even atitudes that do not kill. They are abominable, because self righteousness is abominable.

WE have to honest and decry their sins, like the athiests do, for the athiests can sometimes be right in their attacks on the churchies and their war mongering. We have to let athiests and all know there is a vast difference between JESUS and the churchies, and their damnable church system. We have to agree with them, when they are having the right discernment. We can NOT automatically disagree with them. We have to honest with the Lord, and forget thinking the church systems are innocent and godly. they are NOT. The church system is dangerous.

*SNIP*

Can you see it ?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 25/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Actually the opposite is true. The church has been warning about the NWO for the last 2000 years. It is where the idea comes from. It's interesting you quote famous atheist and the father of communism Karl Marx. You knew he's the one that coined the phrase "opiate of the people" right? Yeah the one who was responsible for the greatest "big brother" system the world has ever seen the USSR. Check out China and North Korea wile your at it if you want to see what a NWO is like. They always outlaw religion first.

The illuminati are desperately are pushing atheism through the elite controlled corporate whore scientists that have taken over the major universities. Sounds like you are falling for it too. Faith empowers people to rise above their circumstances. That's why communist dictatorships like Stalin and Mao burn churches and outlaw religion. History tells a different tale.

Yes, He had an even bigger opiate of the people, and more delusional than even the church system. For he stole his ideals straight from the BOOK of ACTS, in everyone living together and giving ALL. But it can;t be done without love, and Communism can not produce love only the Lord can and therefiore he failed and Communism is destioned to fail, just like all systems will fail except the Lord.

But the truth remains, the church system is an opiate of the people. I mean Muhammed saw the vices of the church system and the vices and evils of Judaism and he started up his own brand of religion and a system, and it also will fail, because it has no Messiah, no MADHI.

But they all will get their Illuminati taught and indocrinated Messiah, Madhi, Saviour

So Yes, the Illuminati start religions like Mormonism and love Protestanism, and have control over catholicism, and have their fingers into Islam, and yet are still comfortable producing more athiests and agnostics, but who they hate are real Christians, because we can see through their ilk and doctrine. And we can separate church state, and the real church of believers who drop out and are called out.

The others will JOIN them, we will NOT.

We are the outcasts and we even outcast ourselves because we want to part of theior perfidity and crimes.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 25/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It does not matter which religion you do or do not follow, what matters is the content of your heart.

There are decent, honest and spiritually incredible Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and atheists in this world. It's not the path they have chosen that makes them incredible, it is the actions and love they bring into the world.

I'm a Spiritual Anarchist. I despise religions, all of them. That does not mean they are wrong for someone else though.

I love them enough to let them walk their own path, and ask only the same in return.

That doesn't mean I won't voice loudly my opinion though

[edit on 25-5-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Speaking as a 'fallen angel' who has been thought the whole remit of organised religion ie choir, youth club etc. I agree that organised religion is tantamont to brainwashing. I found my place and it's nothing to do with God!!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
peh, beer is the opiate of the people, E! or mtv maybe, tabloid news papers, fox cnn, rock and roll, politics, double cheese burgers, fried chicken, the simpsons, summer block buster movies, the big game, the big fight, the big dollar sign at the end of the rainbow, weed, crack and meth, youtube, facebook and even bloody ATS, a new car, a bigger house, a wide screen tv with surround sound and an xbox hooked into an all encompassing home entertainment system, a prettier girlfriend with larger breasts, nice kids, a good job and a retirement villa somewhere hot with a big pool and access to a golf course, a higher credit limit and a pizza delivered with-in 20 minutes or its free.

believe me, in this consumer world of ours, "opiates of the people" are everywhere and there's an ever increasing level of choice. religion is way down the scale of most popular.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Thanks for that bit of wisdom! Sometimes we get pigeonholed into our little environments and forget the big picture.

Britany Spears is the opiate of the people!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
no worries, wisdoms my back tooth mate.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
While I think that any organized religion has its fair share of issues, I don't think that religion is in league with the NWO--at least not in this way. There are clergy who are being trained to use the bible to convince people to give up their guns in the event of martial law, though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join