It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance Is Bliss For Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Do they really NOT know?

Democrats Unaware of US Warning About Border Violence

Three Democratic lawmakers who spoke Wednesday about alleged anti-immigrant coverage by conservative media outlets were not aware of a recent State Department travel alert warning Americans about military-like "combat" along the southern U.S. border in Mexico, where Americans are being kidnapped and murdered.

When asked about the alert after the briefing, Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) told Cybercast News Service: "I haven't heard about the report specifically,

Reps. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) and Hilda Solis (D-Calif.) both spoke to Cybercast News Service after the briefing and said they had no knowledge of the travel alert

CNS News

"What you don't know, can't hurt you" gone MAD!

Well, we elected them, the people responsible for our legislation, protection and well being. OUR Government.

Maybe they should pick up a newspaper every once in awhile.

This is ridiculous..

Semper

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It would seem that with this administration, we have the most uninformed gov't ever running this country.

I think Bush has demonstrated that as well, quite a bit.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Well at least it looks like HE wasn't the one that did not know about this.. After looking HARD at the link, it appears it was Democrats.

President Bush is a Republican, remember?

It amazes me that after all this time, so close to the General Election with President Bush NOT, repeat, NOT eligible for election; that so many still reference him and slam him at every turn.

What exactly is it you Bush Haters expect to gain? Some gratification for all of your hard work in the past, denigrating someone you hate?

The article clearly states DEMOCRATS

Semper

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Whoa, whoa, calm down there, big boy.

I was simply making a statement that the whole gov't seems to be incredibly misinformed, and I used Bush as an example, because I'm sure people will be able to remember HIS ignorance for comparison's sake.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sorry...

I was overreacting...

I apologize..

Happens sometimes... Work has been a bear...

Semper

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I will have to agree with you, our politicians in Washington have their heads so up their butts that they have lost touch with America, unless they need to campaign for votes.

Incredible.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I still say the only difference between the Republcians and the Democrats is that at least the Democrats try and kiss you first before telling you to bend over...

I tell ya a little affection goes a long way.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well Republicans have had this nation for 8 years, and have brought it to it's knees. As usual, the GOP takes no responsibility for what it has done to destroy the Constitution, all the innocent souls it has murdered, how its environmental policies have wounded this planet. Republicans will do what they do best... Pass The Buck, Blame someone else, and Lie, Lie, Lie.

So cry all whine all you want about the DFL or any other political party that is trying to stop the madness... keep spreading the lies and hate that the GOP wallows in. Wrap the GOP in the very flag that our brave veterans have died defending so the GOP can turn its back on them and deny them medical care, education, and a pay raise. Contaminate and destroy the Constitution with your platform of intolerance and prejudice. Go ahead and declare that GOP is the party of God, while its policy is to murder and wreak destruction on the innocent. It is what the GOP is known worldwide for, and you represent it so well.

Deep down I know how terrified Republicans are of the retribution and justice that is to come. Soon they will know what filthy criminals the GOP elite are. They will see the proof of the evil they have let loose on our beloved America. I suggest Republicans get their blinders and Teflon suit ready... because they will soon be exposed to the light of Truth and Justice, and soon they will have to answer to the hatred they profess and worship. Even then, they will still deny their responsibility for the damage they have done.

I wish them Good Luck... they're going to need it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You should try reading the article more thoroughly before you spew onto your keyboard.

You cut the quote short:

Reps. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) and Hilda Solis (D-Calif.) both spoke to Cybercast News Service after the briefing and said they had no knowledge of the travel alert but were aware of the volatility along the U.S. southern border.

"I've read different reports of the violence in Mexico, and I am a strong advocate for cracking down on the violence, and I'm very concerned about the murder of women," Solis said. "But I'm more concerned about people having their civil rights violated here."

Jeeez. At least try to troll properly. They knew what was happening, they just didn't know of one specific travel advisory. Luckily, travel advisory are the result of official policy, and not the cause for it. As you can see from the non-butchered quote in question, the dems are fully aware of it, they don't like it, they're trying to stop it, and they're worried about the effects felt back in the US. What part of that don't you like? Or do conservatives like the murder of women, and hate civil rights at home? Because unless that's the way you think, you're clearly trolling anything you can get your hands on to try to make a point. And failing at every single attempt.

Oh, and one democrat does not every "liberal" make. By your logic I can say that all conservatives can't read news articles.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

With all of the problems in the world and our own Bushwhacked country is this all you could come up with to slap liberals with? Seems a little desperate.

Try turning the high powered political perception on the criminals in the Whitehouse.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

You should try reading the TITLE of the Article... One I did NOT author...

But what else can we expect from the left.

Semper

top topics

join