It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest McCain Economic Proposal Seen as Incoherent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Latest McCain Economic Proposal Seen as Incoherent

www.huffingtonpost.com

In 2007, Sen. John McCain blamed out-of-control GOP spending for the Democrats' takeover of the House of Representatives. "We came to power in 1994 to change government, and government changed us," he said at the time. Now you can count McCain among the transformed -- but not in any consistent manner.

While proposing tax cuts twice as deep as those signed by President Bush, not only has McCain failed to explain how he'll pay for them, he's now also proposing new spending: a Republican heresy he surely would have blasted only a year ago, and which experts say would lead to an even bigger deficit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ahhh, gotta love it.

Combine this with the gas tax holiday, and you have yourself one hell of an economic machine in John McCain.

Of course, this thread will die soon with people wanting to go back to how we pay for Obama's stuff, but hey, at least SOMEONE will read this.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
McCain way to win the harts and minds of the American people already stress by a failing economy a trillion dollar war and an outrageous deficit, keep cutting taxes.

While this may sound good for the ears of the dying middle class in this nation it means nothing for the rich that have ways to get away from taxing and for the poor that pays no taxes.

Still he doesn't say how the nation will be supporting the war hunger monster and the government spending.

Perhaps that is why we have countries like Japan, China and now the newest added to the long list of developing countries that are now our owners and to whom we are indebted.

Way to go McCain.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Perhaps not just the plan, but also the man: Incoherence at it's best!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Yeah, that video is hilarious.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that he's running for office, and he had to be corrected during his speech about Iran and Al-Qaeda.

Disgusting.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This man really, really scares me. Anyone seen his cheeks lately?? omg
(for those who stick up for this man, I don't give a DAMN if he has cancer or was held in as a prisoner. Him not making it home could potentially have saved this country, if the alternative is him ruling it.)

But seriously, he is like that miserable old man who will sit at his window... Staring out intently, waiting... For children to pass by his sidewalk or lawn so he can yell out loud and curse, and take out his horrible life on them.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
he had to be corrected during his speech about Iran and Al-Qaeda.
Disgusting.

These gaffs that have been sputtered out are pretty bad too, eh? Disgusting.

Originally posted by LostNemesis
This man really, really scares me. Anyone seen his cheeks lately?? omg
(for those who stick up for this man, I don't give a DAMN if he has cancer or was held in as a prisoner.)

You SHOULD care that the reason his cheeks are puffy are because he had cancer surgery 8 years ago. For you not to care about that being the reason is rather inhuman - IMHO.

Oh .. and if you want to REALLY see scary ugly – look here - but carefully so that you don’t hurt your eyes. (btw – the other fella in that picture is his very corrupt buddy REZKO.)

Originally posted by bigbert81
people wanting to go back to how we pay for Obama's stuff,

I’d love to discuss that disaster ... but this thread is supposed to be about McCain's economics.

He can’t cut taxes. He just can’t. If he does then he certainly can’t add spending.
Also – no one can raise taxes either. The economy can’t take it. The economy can’t handle new taxes and it can’t handle all that new spending. Every economist worth a even a nickel will tell you that.

It sounds like more election year hype to get votes. ‘I’ll cut taxes’ – to get votes. Just as bad ‘I’ll give you more entitlements and free programs – and I’ll raise taxes to do it’. Neither one is realistic and neither one is something the economy can handle.

[edit on 5/22/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Please tell me this is not some new revelation to anyone. McCain himself stated earlier that he knew very little about economics.

Forget the gas tax holiday; it doesn't come close to enough relief, since the price increases in the last week would more than have eaten up any Federal tax moratorium. The tax breaks might actually be a good idea, if we cut governmental spending by the same amount (or more).

Face it, people. We can no longer afford to police the world. We can no longer afford to listen to naysayers who would like to turn the entire country into a National Park. We can no longer afford regulation and restriction on our economy. If you want to place the blame for our present predicament on someone's doorstep, just pick one in Washington DC.

Thousands of dollars for a bike trail? Hundreds of dollars for a hammer? Millions upon millions for a new road that goes nowhere? Millions of acres of wasteland protected from... something? Nope, the American economic system survived and thrived for 200 years without all that. It is crashing a few decades after starting it. Wake up; the coffee smells fine.

The United States is collapsing around our ears while we scramble for the pickings off the bones. No more can we ask our representatives "What have you done for me?", but rather we must ask "What have you done for us?" I don't see that happening any time soon; America is filled with those who care only for their agendas, their personal fortunes, and their comfort. Precious few are those who really wish to help, at the expense of even something inconsequential in their own lives.

McCain is a confused idiot. Hillary is an evil idiot. Obama is an idiot. Don't rely on them, rely on yourself. Don't allow them to continue operating as they have for so many decades. Empower yourself, along with the rest of the American people.

Government must simply get out of the way. Allow people to do business as they see fit. People will run things better than politicians; they always have. And should government refuse to get out of the way, they will be taken out of the way, by an economic abyss more powerful that any of us have ever seen, so powerful it will remove the government itself.

Either way, we will come through the fire. One way will hurt, while the other will main, torture, and kill. We are choosing today with our attitudes, and we will choose in November with our votes.

Choose wisely. Please.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Good post.

I think that promoting getting rid of gov't wasteful spending is the one and only good thing about McCain.

McCain is a confused idiot. Hillary is an evil idiot. Obama is an idiot.

Good descriptions.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Article Here

FOX news is doing a series on the lies that all three main candidates have told. They did Hillary a few days ago. Today is McCain. Economics is one of the areas he has lied in.

Friday is Obama.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hold on here, something GOOD coming out of Fox News?

What is the world coming to?

Hey! I think I just saw a flying pig.

I'll have to make sure and watch these. Thanks for posting this FF.

new topics

top topics

join