It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The James Cameron Enigma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There´s a stream of thought that links Atlantis, Mars, Extraterrestrials and Ancient Egypt into one big Cosmology and History of the Human Race. Several books have been published linking the four, several ATS threads written about the supposed connection.

There are some who think that "ET Disclosure" will be pre-paved by a famous non-politicians like Steven Spielberg or Robbie Williams.

The most succesful movie director of all time is James Cameron who´s movies Titanic and The Terminator broke box office records.

Considering that Cameron has reached more people than any politician, musician or other director, it is interesting that his current career and private hobbies tie in with Atlantis, Mars, ETs and Ancient Egypt.

1. Mars

Cameron is a member of the Mars Society

The Mars Society is an international space advocacy non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging the exploration and settlement of Mars. Founded by Robert Zubrin and others in mid-1998 and attracting the support of notable science fiction writers and filmmakers (including Kim Stanley Robinson and James Cameron), the organization is dedicated to convincing the public and governments of the benefits of Mars exploration, as well as exploring the possibilities of private Mars missions.[1]

2. Ancient Egypt

Cameron recently created a documentary that revealed his interest in esoteric ancient egypt:

3. Atlantis

Cameron has been obsessed with searching the floors of the Atlantic Ocean with his private Mini-Submarine.

He openly admits to be interested in finding ancient underwater ruins.

4. Extraterrestrials

His new movie due for 2009 is called Avatar and has a theme that ties in well with all of this:

In a distant future, humanity discovers the planet 'Alpha Centauri B-4', and for those scientists and astronauts who've traversed the gulf between neighboring suns and arrived on its alien soil know it as 'Pandora'. A world filled with an incredible diversity of beautiful and deadly ammonia-breathing lifeforms. Its also a world that harbors treasures and resources almost beyond price. But just as the original Pandora's Box wrought devastation on those who would use it for their own gain, so too this world may destroy not just the Pandorans home, but ours as well.

This is basically the "Visitors" and "Ancient Extraterrestrial Visitors" theory the other way around: Humans are the Extraterrestrials finding another planet and wanting to exploit its resources.

So...what is James Cameron up to? Only following his hobbies or preparing for movies disclosing our extraterrestrial heritage and secret history?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You know whats funny is some of us instinctively knew these connections where there before any disclosure began. Before any books connecting them surfaced.

Perhaps he is one of those that have sensed the connection all along.

sometimes it takes the general populace for an idea to come from someone they recognize before they will accept it..

funny how that is isnt it?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

True. Maybe you, me, him...we´re just "intuitively attuned".

We sensed the connection all along.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Some more of Camerons private ATS-like beliefs can be found here

“I think this is the biggest archaeological story of the century,” he said. “It’s absolutely not a publicity stunt. It’s part of a very well-considered plan to reveal this information to the world in a way that makes sense, with proper documentation.”

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There are some who think that "ET Disclosure" will be pre-paved by a famous non-politicians like Steven Spielberg or Robbie Williams.

I thoroughly approve of this tactic. If the UFO/alien phenomenon is to be recognised as a reality by a public that is happily obssessed by celebrity and the media, then what better way to capture their attention?

Investigators and authors associated with these subjects exert little to no influence over a jaded, know it all population. It's easy for those who refuse to acknowledge that there actually is something going on in our skies to dismiss all and every report as being the work of cranks and kwacks, as the investigators involved are, with the greatest respect, limited in credibility out side the field.

However, it would be extremely satisfying to see the abrupt volt face when extremely familiar public figures take to the stage and speak frankly and genuinely about the self same topics.

James Cameron would be a fabulous addition to this pantheon.

But from this, a question arises. If there is a grand conspiracy of silence with regard to all things ET, and the "powers that be" are preparing to divulge incredible secrets, why is it only western media celebrities who are being utilised? Spielberg, Williams, Cameron etc? Do we ever hear of stars from Asia or the Orient voicing their beliefs in UFOs etc? The phenomena isn't exclusively occidental, is it?

Is Cameron part of an ongoing, comfortable disclosure project designed to ease us into the acceptance of ET? Has he been given acces to hitherto hidden, earth-shattering knowledge regarding the origin of man? Or does he just love sci-fi, a genre that never really goes out of fashion, and is simply therefore following the money?Only time will tell.

His next movie Avatar, a film he has been sitting on for a good few years, does sound and extraordinary piece of work, if not in only the technology it is using. The actor Michael Biehn speaks of how he didn't understand a word of Camerons explanation when he tried to elucidate how they are going to film it. No cameras, apparently! (Heck, that maybe the big deal...he's going to be using alien tech
)

www.firstshowing.net...

BTW, S&F. Nice topic.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Beamish]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

1. Mars - Cameron is a member of the Mars Society

I also agree with a settlement on Mars. Having all humans based on one planet is a doomed situation. One asteroid would wipe us out. One terminal plague and life would have no meaning. The Moon was the first step, and we now are ready to take second step which will be Mars. Our place is in the stars.

2. Ancient Egypt - Cameron recently created a documentary that revealed his interest in esoteric ancient egypt:

Its a very interesting subject.

3. Atlantis - Cameron has been obsessed with searching the floors of the Atlantic Ocean with his private Mini-Submarine. He openly admits to be interested in finding ancient underwater ruins.

If I had a mini sub, so would I. I love reading about discoveries. In your own little mini sub, you become the explorer.

4. Extraterrestrials - His new movie due for 2009 is called Avatar and has a theme that ties in well with all of this:

Don't forget the greatest ever sequal 'Aliens'

Cameron is an excellent showman. He's doing everything we want to do because he has the money. Wouldnt you do any of the above if you had his type of money?

When we get the news that we are not alone, it will be outside your door and not just on your screen.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Don't forget The Abyss :-)

Great movie with ties to what's posted here about JC

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Did he do that one?

You know.. that orb in the abyss is just like my second ufo sighting and also this one caught on video in 2006 in AZ ats thread here

that is very interesting indeed.

BTW I documented my sighting not long after I initially joined ATS some 5 years ago.

The thread in which I first documented my sightings back in 2003 when I joined.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks Ghostfloating for starting up this fascinating topic and good to see that Cameron has been attempting to connect the dots too, as so many of us are especially in this forum.

I'm going to look over Cameron's documentary but I'm assuming your link is only for the trailer nevertheless I'm hoping he includes the possible link between the Guanches of the Canary Islands and their possible unique influence on Predynastic Egypt.
There's an abundant amt. of information about this connection on this webpage which appears to be a mailing list conversation about this topic.
forums.atlantisrising.com...

In a nutshell, the story about the Guanches goes like this:
Back in the fifteenth century, Spanish conquistadors landed on the Canary Islands and found that they were inhabited by an indigenous people of tall, blond and red head blue-eyed people and we're talking about islands that are off the west coast of Africa!
And amazingly enough, they found that these people who called themselves the Guanches shared many of the rituals and traditions of PreDynastic Egypt including their language, burial customs i.e mummification of the dead, pyramid building, pottery, religious beliefs and so on.
Well, to make a long story short, some researchers believe that the Guanches were the last remaining survivors of what's commonly referred to as Atlantis and that Proto-Guanches who migrated from the Canary Islands and resettled in Egypt passed on their knowledge, customs and beliefs to the Egyptians where some of them actually became absorbed into that cultures reigning ruling class. Hence why those mummies of pharaohs in the Pre-Dynastic era in Egypt, are Caucasian with red hair and light complexions!
And in fact, Proto-Guanches may have also sailed across the Atlantic to MesoAmerica where they also shared their knowledge, customs and beliefs with those people too. Hence why we are seeing such simularities between ancient meso-american cultures and ancient Egypt!

Well this threw me for a loop because it's new information that I've never run into before so I'm always excited with that happens. And I enjoyed reading over that page because I'm to find that quite possibly the Guanches might just be the missing link that's going to tie up a lot of loose ends that have been dangling for a long time now in terms of identifying those populations out there whose ancestral origins are from a place that disappeared from from the face of the earth that some call Atlantis.... and so on....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

much of that is hinted at and discussed directly by graham hancock in his books as well.

There have long been many theories as to whether or not the egyptian and other cultures may have been influenced by survivors of Atlantis.

This might account for a great number of similarities in ancient cultures that are oceans apart from each other. There is even evidence that the same influences visited north america as well. The smithsonian has stifled evidence to this effect though. I did a detailed podcast about that some time ago. I am sure it is still here on ats somewhere.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks NephraTari, I'll look that up and will listen to it today!

Will check out Hancocks' views on it too!

-- and thanks for posting that link about your UFO sightings too!

NephraTari, unfortunately your podcasts are no longer available as ATS only keeps them up for a limited length of time.
But let me know when you do another one on these topics ok? I would love to listen to it!

By the way, I've read Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods years ago and found some of his theories very intriguing! I think I'll check out the library to see if they carry any of his other books. Would really like to read up on his latest theories on this or that because new discoveries are made almost on a daily basis in this field, it's hard to keep up with who's saying what about them but Hancock's always manages to make those connections that others ignore that in my view are worth exploring.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by wang_ke_~]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Investigators and authors associated with these subjects exert little to no influence over a jaded, know it all population. It's easy for those who refuse to acknowledge that there actually is something going on in our skies to dismiss all and every report as being the work of cranks and kwacks, as the investigators involved are, with the greatest respect, limited in credibility out side the field.

Yeah. The majority tends to listen more to what the hollywood star says than to what a politician or UFOlogist says.

why is it only western media celebrities who are being utilised? Spielberg, Williams, Cameron etc? Do we ever hear of stars from Asia or the Orient voicing their beliefs in UFOs etc? The phenomena isn't exclusively occidental, is it?

Cameron, for example, has international reach. Ask any kid in India if he knows the Terminator.

Is Cameron part of an ongoing, comfortable disclosure project designed to ease us into the acceptance of ET? Has he been given acces to hitherto hidden, earth-shattering knowledge regarding the origin of man? Or does he just love sci-fi, a genre that never really goes out of fashion, and is simply therefore following the money?Only time will tell.

Maybe...knowingly or unknowingly. There´s the possibililty of subconscious/intuitive influence upon the director.

The actor Michael Biehn speaks of how he didn't understand a word of Camerons explanation when he tried to elucidate how they are going to film it. No cameras, apparently!

No cameras?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar

Cameron is an excellent showman. He's doing everything we want to do because he has the money. Wouldnt you do any of the above if you had his type of money?

You may be right that I am connecting dots where there are none. I just thought I´d throw it out there...just in case.

There are many different things the rich and famous spend their time on.

With him it just happens to be these 4 recent activities which ALL tie in with that special stream of thought (atlantis-mars-egypt-ETs).

At best when people call us ATS-folks nutters we can say we´re on the same page as James Camerson.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang_ke_~

Well, to make a long story short, some researchers believe that the Guanches were the last remaining survivors of what's commonly referred to as Atlantis and that Proto-Guanches who migrated from the Canary Islands and resettled in Egypt passed on their knowledge,

...not only that. When the first sailors arrived on tenerife (one of the canary islands) they found the remains of a step-pyramid resembling the ones in mexico. Recently they also found linguistic similarities between the guanches and aztecs.

No idea why some are so desperate to downplay this.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I did a detailed podcast about that some time ago. I am sure it is still here on ats somewhere.

Ive browsed through some of your stuff while looking through the ATS-archives.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

THey are still there.. here is the one I mentioned.
I looked at the date from my profile then skipped to the podcast forum and found the thread by date. the link from the original thread works.

the smithsonian podcast

[edit on 22-5-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So...what is James Cameron up to? Only following his hobbies or preparing for movies disclosing our extraterrestrial heritage and secret history?

I think he is simply following his hobbies and own fantasy prone mind. As Mark R. pointed out... any of us would do the same if we had that kind of money.

I fail to see how Avatar will bring us closer to disclosure. Future humans going to alpha centuari with one "emotional" character defecting to the indigenous species is silly... but hey that's just my opinion.

I'm sure it will be well directed... I enjoyed the Abyss, Aliens, Terminator, etc..

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

the smithsonian podcast

I just listened to this. Excellent work. To bad nobody responded to it back when you podcast it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

As Mark R. pointed out... any of us would do the same if we had that kind of money.

See my response to Mark

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

...not only that. When the first sailors arrived on tenerife (one of the canary islands) they found the remains of a step-pyramid resembling the ones in mexico. Recently they also found linguistic similarities between the guanches and aztecs.

No idea why some are so desperate to dbeing researched on all of this for the same reason's mainstream archeology downplaying it too because it means having to make major changes in their current theories. But such is the nature of the beast ownplay this.

I think sometimes they downplay things because they don't want amateurs intruding in on their territory. Lol... I wouldn't be surprised. At any rate, I think it's a field that full of secrets where only the privileged few have access and knowledge of information at any given time. Hence why we read something in the news about some fantastic new discovery only to find out that archaeologists have been working at that site where the discovery was made for five or ten years prior to that announcement!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by wang_ke_~]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join