It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Skull on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well that is pretty amazing! a human skull? could it have been that the egyptian "gods" took some of them back to mars with them? hmm......probable to me.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by west aussie

I mean everyone knows that its not a human skull but an aliens or one of their slaves that excaped and then died there. Almost like the movie alienmine.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by west aussie

There must be two photos showing the skull on sol 1526 because the photo i downlaoded shows it much better than the one spikedmilk has posted, allthough it is much appreciated.

i will have to look around. there must be a better image. this one is full of jpg artifacts. spikedmilk provide about the best image that can be provided from the one he pulled it from.

if you want to email me that image, U2U me and i will set it up.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm confused now..
Do you mean this one?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
the image could be fake, okay.. maybe not the image instead the 'scene' where it was taken. did you know that the Desert of Atacama in Chile has similar characterist of Mars 'surface' ..

could you tell me any difference?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Kmrcg]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Uhm first big difference would be the blue sky - rofl

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmrcg

No I am not talking about that picture, that has been around for ages, this one is so much better than that. People need to go to the spirit rover nasa web site and downlaod the two images taken by the panoramic camera on sol 1526, the first one is the best. Download the image and then zoom in on the white object behind the dark rock at the bottom centre of the image. You can see the skull in the fist image right down to the jaw line, two perfect eye sockets and the nose bridge. To all you people on this thread who are going its a rock, its a rock, I am pretty sure most people can tell the difference between a rock and something else, so why dont you keep your mouth shut until you have at least checked it out properly. I though this site was about open discussion, not ridacule.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmrcg

I realise the image could be fake, but if that is a spirit photo from Mars there is a very human like skull feature in that image, but thanks for pointing out the obvious instead of joining in and finding out what it is.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Cheers mate, I will try and post the image myself as soon as i work out how to do it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The first image is what I think you mean in original size. The second is at 500% with no re-sampling. The third is at 500% with "Bi-cubic Smoother" re-sampling.

The first and second are what is really there. The third is re-sampled and unreliable as to accuracy of it's representation.

Unless you can find a much higher resolution original with no re-sampling there is no way to interpret what is there. When people use re-sampled images from resolutions as low as this original, they are useless. The algorithms averages between pixels which means the product is not representative of what is really in the picture.

There may be a better quality original. Others at ATS know where to look.

My opinion is it is just a rock. Those smooth looking holes in the re-sampled image I made could be square or jagged. No way to tell.

Most images on the Internet relating to these subjects are garbage. Less than honest people are constantly using filters to make the photo's fit the theory. What you see in the second image is all the info there is in that photo.

If you have a genuine interest you should read up on image resizing and the algorithms and how they work. Also look up interpolation. Other filters people wrongly use are sharpening algorithms and the like. There are entire websites full of deceptive images created after the fact. I have never seen one of these that could be honestly said to be anything other than a rock. I keep looking however in case a real one slips through the cracks.

Edited to add: If I'm not mistaken, that rock would be the size of a marble.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

in the center of the picture you can see what looks like a ghostly image of an face.

Optical illusion or a result of some obfuscation effort to the original high quality image perhaps, or... a ghost?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think the skull looks like an apes skull

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think the skull looks like an apes skull

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Cheers Blaine, but the other image on sol 1526 is much clearer.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The are actually three skulls you can see if you look really close.

I circled them for ease of reference.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If you look really close you can see there are actually three skulls.

I circled them in red for ease of reference.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by anusualusa]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I would like to remind everyone that there is a One Line Post rule. Please consider this before posting.

Thank you.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anusualusa

Honestly this site is a complete waste of time, apart from a few grown ups who have actually tried to help.
=====

Mod edit: Removed all caps.
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Hello west aussie. first welcome to ATS. Now about your find. Please do not be put of by other posters saying it just a rock. Because some times that’s all it is. I know I’ve have posted things that got the big thumbs down have in the past. Other times you get lucky. The best advice I can give is. Keep looking and posting your finding. Even if you can only put the link up. There are a lot of great people on here, who would put your picture up for you. keep looking ok.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi west aussie! Don't get disheartened by some here who are driving you down the cliff! The idea is to keep looking. Some day someone on ATS is gonna hit the jackpot! But till then I guess we have to depend on inferences.

Anyway, here's the 'skull' you had mentioned. I've pushed it through a few filters and this is what turns up...

And here it is embossed...

Frankly it doesn't seem to be a skull. But darned if I know what a Martian skull looks like!!

Cheers, and keep lookin'!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join