It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Important* Your vote don't count!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
First of all I would like to say that I am not for Clinton or Obama. However, this is 100% wrong!!!! You can’t get any worse than this. How many other states has pulled this exact same thing? Has this been done in your state? Do you even know?

My home state West Virginia overwhelming voted for Clinton at 67% However, our senators gave it to Obama!!!

So no matter what the uneducated people thinks or want its what the government wants!!!! Our votes do not count!!!!

See they are saying were uneducated people and they have to make the CORRECT DECISION FOR US!!!!

Clinton's foundation in recent primaries has been blue-collar and rural white voters, and Kentucky offers them in large numbers, like its neighbors Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee. The median household income in Kentucky is just shy of $34,000. Only 7 percent of households in the state report annual incomes in excess of $100,000, and Census Bureau data compiled by the Almanac of American Politics shows only 8 percent of the homes in Kentucky are valued at more than $200,000. Obama, on the other hand, has performed strongly among more affluent Democrats and voters with college and post-graduate degrees -- which makes Oregon an inviting target.

news source

So what they are saying is low income folks can’t properly think!!!! Only people with incomes in the six figure range, and they are assuming these people are college educated!!! So they have to do the thinking for these states!!!!!

IN WV:

Democrats Vote------- % ---------- Del

Clinton 239,298----- 67 ---------- 20
Obama 91,747--------- 26---------- 8
Edwards 26,196------- 7 --------- 0
--

Updated: 05/16/2008 03:51 PM
100% of precincts

link

But, who did the senators vote for?
Barack Obama (108)
Sen. Robert Byrd (W.Va.)

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (W.Va.)

link

Why?

" Could this not just be regional, but also possibly done throughout the whole country?"

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Democratis super delagates have been used since the 1972 election of McGovern. Many in the party who still run it felt that they know better than the masses and created this solution so they could override the electoral vote to keep what they feel is the best candidate that they can control. Even the federal electoral colledge was founded on the premis that it would prevent the tyrany of the masses. They are under no obligation to vote as they're states do. I thinks its rubish but so is everything else involved with our so called elections!

Zindo

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
So what they are saying is low income folks can’t properly think!!!! Only people with incomes in the six figure range, and they are assuming these people are college educated!!! So they have to do the thinking for these states!!!!!

This is a great post Shar and it does seem to be the case.

As you will see here the ‘Super Delegates’ have not been around for that long and they were implemented to give “power to people who have a vested interested in party policies”.

Super-delegates were implemented in 1984.

Super-delegates are designed to act as a check on ideologically extreme or inexperienced candidates. It also gives power to people who have a vested interested in party policies: elected leaders.

In other words they are there to make sure that big money gets what they are paying for no matter how the vote turns out. It seems to me that the Democratic Party is for sale to the highest bidder.

Here is some more information about 'Super Delegartes'.

The Democratic party also has a third type: super-delegates. A super-delegate is a leader in the National Democratic Party who has a vote at the national convention; they not selected by state party members.
Super-delegates (approximately 850 in 2008) include the following:
• Elected members of the Democratic National Committee (~450)
• Democratic Governors
• Democratic US Senators and US Representatives (including non-voting delegates)
• Distinguished party leaders (current and former Presidents and Vice Presidents; former Democratic leaders of the Senate and House; former DNC chairmen)
• Unpledged "add-on's" chosen by the DNC
The Democratic Party allocates delegates based on a state's Presidential vote in the prior three elections and the number of electors. In addition, states that hold their primaries or caucuses later in the cycle receive bonus delegates.
If there is no clear winner after state primaries and caucuses, then the super-delegates -- who are bound only by their consciences -- will decide the nominee.

And if you were wondering why voting dates keep changing and getting later and later every year then make note of this.

In addition, states that hold their primaries or caucuses later in the cycle receive bonus delegates.

So all you have to do is move your primary date and you get ‘bonus votes’. What the heck are bonus votes!

Also, note that many of the super delegates are not even currently elected officials. They are ‘former’ presidents, vice presidents, senators, congressmen, etc. and something called “unpledged ‘add-ons’ chosen by the DNC” who can be almost anyone. Does this mean that they left out a category for the ‘pledged add-ons’?

So they can add as many of these super delegates as they like and the super delegates can vote for anyone they choose without regard to their constituents and in many cases don’t even have constituents. In the late 1700’s they had a term for this, “taxation without representation.” We all pay our taxes and go to the poles like good little boys and girls and then they decide what’s best for us whether we like it or not!

What Are Super-Delegates?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
ZindoDoone

I agree!!!

There is a major problem here people!!!! If you take your time to go and voice your opinion and vote then by all means it should go to the overwhelming victor. Not by what ONE MAN OR WOMAN SAYS.

Its way too easy to pay these people off or bribe these people.

If you read this post please check to see who actually won in your state and who actually got the vote from the senators and post it here.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Lonewolf,

WoW, thanks for all that info.

I am positive that this is not a good idea. What I don't understand is why people don't care and seem to think all this is ok.

It seems to me though this is done for one reason. To make sure things go their way to continue to carry on their agenda's. It no longer matters what the general population wants.

This is trouble for our country.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Most of the superdelegates are voting as their states voted; the people of W.Va. have been cheated. Byrd and Rockefeller will be running for re-election eventually. The people can get even then.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
this is an ugly subject for American's because it seems this is not a Democracy any more , and all the choices are made for us like we are a bunch of kids that dont have the capability to make the right decisions. sad

www.learnnc.org...
Does my vote count? Understanding the electoral college

members.misty.com...
Your Vote DOES Count

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

My home state West Virginia overwhelming voted for Clinton at 67% However, our senators gave it to Obama!!!

So no matter what the uneducated people thinks or want its what the government wants!!!! Our votes do not count!!!!

See they are saying were uneducated people and they have to make the CORRECT DECISION FOR US!!!!
Great post Shar! The question that one must asks is why the losing candidates themselves don't make mention of this practice? Look how Al Gore conceded to Bush back in 2000 without even requesting a re-count.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Superdelegates are a joke. My Rep. is Lynn Woolsey. She presides in a district consisting primarily of two counties who went overwhelmingly for Obama by 2/3 margins. Who is she voting for? Clinton.

Fact is, the superdelegate system is in place as a veto tool for the party should a populist (either good or bad) rise up through the primaries on an election platform that the party feels is unrepresentative of, or is damaging to the party.

It is all elitist BS. However, the defenders of the system will tell you that the system is in place to prevent the rise of another cult-of-personality such as a Hitler.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Most of the superdelegates are voting as their states voted; the people of W.Va. have been cheated. Byrd and Rockefeller will be running for re-election eventually. The people can get even then.

I do believe that the people will continue to keep their blind folds on and vote for them. Although, I have heard rumors that Byrd will not be running again and our current Gov. Manchin will be taking his place. He's no better actually one of our worst politicians.

LLoyd45

Great post Shar! The question that one must asks is why the losing candidates themselves don't make mention of this practice?

I am too concerned about this, its as if they are paid not too. They just roll over way too easy. But, its evidence to me that we do not have a voice any longer and they have everything going down the same street weather we like it or not!!!

clay2 baraka

Superdelegates are a joke. My Rep. is Lynn Woolsey. She presides in a district consisting primarily of two counties who went overwhelmingly for Obama by 2/3 margins. Who is she voting for? Clinton.

So this was done to your state as well. Just the opposite though. I guess to make up for the one taken away in my state. IDK.

It is all elitist BS. However, the defenders of the system will tell you that the system is in place to prevent the rise of another cult-of-personality such as a Hitler.

Too late for that!!! We haven't had a regime chance since Reagan. We had daddy Bush in there for 8 years as Vice President then 4 years. President Clinton 8 years President and then JR. Bush president for 8 years and now possibly back to Clinton. Lets not forget that Reagan took over Carters position yet he's still out there stirring trouble and running his mouth!!!! So as you can see they really don't leave or change anything!!!! They just ALL continue to work together!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Shar,

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. Yes indeed we are on the same boat. Good.

A link to my thread is here for people to see. Please feel free to post any comments on my thread.

MODS: can you see if this thread can be combined please? It's obviously better to have one header on this to maximise the hit potential.

As I am at work at the moment on lunch I have only taken the time to skim read this so far, I will spend the time reading it later.

I would like to know more about what people think about the bloodlines that go back linking the US President, Cheney, Obama, the British Royal family and back, way back in time.

I genuinly think no-ones vote counts in the "free world" but to not vote hands over power to them completely and they will think that we need to be told what to do and when to do it. Wrong, wrong, wrong. They need to know why we wont vote.

Remirah.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Sorry there's the thread I've started

Remirah

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey it's fine to me that we have these threads. They are different in there own way.

I feel its important to get this info out for people. However, I really dont think people cares. Or maybe it just seems that way too me.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So, what a shock, Obama will be the one running for the Presidency! What a shocker??? I think not.

I urge you to look at the videos and see for yourself that it doesn't matter, Obama will be the President of the USA.

You will invade Iran.

WWIII will happen.

What will it take for people to actually do something?

Remirah.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Keeping in mind that our federal government is dysfunctional, why would anyone expect the electoral process to be any different? It's just part of that illusion we call fair representation.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by En4cer]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So as you can see they continue this until Obama Clinches Nomination.

Why though? This is very scary! I have a thoughts on this that I’d rather keep as thoughts at this point.

I will just say this, this IS NOT GOOD FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! My Country, the Country that I love will be no more!

top topics

join