It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Psychics- Sylvia Browne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I cant stand this woman, she's a heartless wench and wrong on too many things to be considered an authentic psychic. For exmple, she made several predictions on what would happen in Jennifer Lopez's life, and got all but one wrong. One said that she would not be able to/ or would never have kids....good one Sylvia, J-Lo's gave birth to twins earlier this year
. Anway, here's some more of her bad predictions

Sylvia Says- To parents of missing 11 year old Shawn Hornbeck, that their son is dead on the Montel show in Feb 2003
Reality- Shawn was found alive and well, living with his kidnapper just miles from his home. To add insult, Sylvia offered the family more information on their son, at rate of $700 an hour

Sylvia Says- Troops will leave Iraq by the end of 2006
Reality-Wrong repeatedly, she keeps changing the dates when the deadline passes.

Sylvia Says- The 2008 election will be bewteen Kerry and McCain, John Kerry will win
Reality-Can anyone verify is Kerry is even close to becoming an election candidate?

Sylvia Says- Nicole Kidman will marry a film producer
Reality- Last time I checked, Keith Urban wasn't a film producer

Sylvia Says- To a woman that her boyfriend died from drowning on the Montel show
Reality-The boyfriend was a firefighter killed in the 9/11 tragedy, she tries to cover up her mistake unsuccesfully

Sylvia Says- To parents of a deceased child, that she was shot dead, again on the Montel show (I am beginning to see why this show is being cancelled)
Reality-The poor girl dropped dead in her bedroom, there was no guns or bullets involved

Sylvia Says- To the grandmother of a missing girl, that she was alive but had been sold into white slavery and was currently being held in Japan
Reality- The body was recovered three years later, killed by a blow to the head. A man (unsure who) confessed and was convicted of the murder

Sylvia Says- On Coast 2 Coast with George Noory, an incorrect report regarding the Sago mine disaster came out saying that 12 of the 13 miners had survived. Sylvia said "I knew they were going to be found. Uh, you know, I hate people who say something after the fact. It's just like I knew when the Pope was dead and I said it on, thank God I was on Montel's show, and I said, according to the time, it was 9-something and whatever Rome time was, and I said he's gone, and he was. "
Reality- Later on in the program it was revealed that only one of the miners was resued from the coal mine alive and twelve were pulled out dead.....Sylvia dug her own grave with that one

This woman has to be one of the most stuck up, money hungry, heartless fraudster I have ever heard of.

Over 87% accuracy....pfff.....yeah right

Just to add, there are plenty more of her predictions that have been wrong, just too mant to list here

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
OzWeatherman,

Thanks for bringing up this thread!
I totally agree with you on this person. How does she sleep at night??

I had never heard of her until a few years ago, and someone gave me one of her books for Christmas. Well, I read it, and got through it all since luckily it wasn't thick. It was so full of outrageous crapola that I had to look her up to see how in the heck she could get garbage like that published.

That's when I found out she was a "psychic."
I have seen her a few times on Montel, and before I say anything, let me just say that I do believe in psychics to a point.

When I watched her on Montel, I was not impressed. In fact it made me laugh actually, she was so ridiculous. She seems to have a huge following though, why I can't understand.

I met a woman in Texas, who used to help police and FBI with tough cases. She didn't charge money, she didn't write books of phony predictions, and she didn't even charge for a "reading" although she didn't do many, she said it was too exhausting and that people were so evil and petty that it almost made her physically ill to do them.

Charlatans in any field are a dime a dozen. And I believe Sylvia Brown to be exactly that.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yup, that Sylvia Browne gives me the creeps -- her raspy voice and long nails. It's her overall countenance, the way she carries herself, that rides on my nerves whenever I see her appear on the Montel Williams Show. Anyone who goes live in front of the studio and shows off her 'psychic powers' is a fraud, fake, scam artist out to get a fast buck by ripping off innocent people and cheating them from finding 'real' answers to their queries about anything (i.e. loved ones). Believers should be wary of this sort of cr@p.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I don't think very many people can stomach her, OzWeatherman.
I know I have committed at least one of the seven deadly sins while watching her...

(Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.)

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here are a few videos from Anderson Cooper's show. I love to watch James Randi challenge these people.

Part One:

Part Two:

And here is the video of the woman who lost her boyfriend, a firefighter, on 9/11.

And finally some information on "cold-reading" from Wikipedia. It claims that she uses a method known as "Shot-gunning," one which I have never heard before.

"Shotgunning" is a commonly-used cold reading technique, allegedly used by purported television psychics and spiritual mediums: Sylvia Browne, James Van Praagh, Colin Fry and John Edward in particular have all been accused by skeptics of using shotgunning techniques in their stage and television shows. The psychic or reader quickly offers a huge quantity of very general information, often to an entire audience (some of which is very likely to be correct, near correct or at the very least, provocative or evocative to someone present), observes their subjects' reactions (especially their body language), and then narrows the scope, acknowledging particular people or concepts and refining the original statements according to those reactions to promote an emotional response. Wikipedia - Cold Reading

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Is Edward the guy who "sees" the dead loved ones and says..."Anyone..over in this section...there's a Steve coming through with a message...anyone with a Steve or Stan?" And the poor schmucks in the audience who have a dead Steve or Stan yell out. "Yes...over here!"

And it goes from there?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Snake oil salesmen still live well in 2008. Look at Montel and Dr. Phil. The Sango mine thing on c2c was the capper for me. She literally tried to do a 180 and said no she didn't think they'd be found alive. George offered to replay the tape for her. It was truly pathetic. Lady, keep those talons out of your mouth, you give people the creeps.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexi Humi

Hiyah Alexi,

Thanks for putting those videos on the thread...That makes my blood boil seeing her crush the poor parents of that child they later found alive with that pedophile.

Like I said earlier, how do these people sleep at night??

All those poor people desperate for any answer...makes you sick for sure.

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Burn her she's a witch.....

You have to know her ilk to appreciate the opposite. I appreciate the fact shes out there (Im in a small pocket of oz and still cant avoid her derranged thought patterns). The lady is pissed at the world for some reason.

How much is the witch charging for her "friends" vitriolic muslings these days?

[edit on 17-5-2008 by KTK]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Is Edward the guy who "sees" the dead loved ones and says..."Anyone..over in this section...

Yes, that is him. I always manage to get him confused with John Edwards.
A strange habit I can't seem to break. Now that you mention it, I think John Edward won the Biggest Douche in the Universe Award. Good for him.

[color=786cd2]Southparkstudios.com -Biggest Douche in the Universe

Like I said earlier, how do these people sleep at night?

Sadly, quite comfortably I would imagine. These are a disturbing people who not only have little compassion for, but prey specifically on those who are most vulnerable.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ive made it a point to come into all threads that have to do with this woman and speak my mind.
She is not only a fraud, but she is dangerous!
This woman is a vampire. But not the kind that drinks blood, or is killed by sunlight. However she sucks peoples energy, and lives off them.

This woman gives me the creeps, and I can thank her for showing me the path not to take with my gift.
I help people who need my help. I do not charge them money. I do not take from them. Those out here that know me, and have spoke with me personally know I never ask for anything from them for my advice and help.
Her agent claims Brown doesnt ask for any money.. THATS A down right LIE!!! FALSE! she will only take a case for 500$ to start!! And that is a "donation" not a fee.. They use words.. And lie..

Just like a hooker, you cant pay them for sex.. but you can donate them money and its perfectly legal.. Just as one example of how they play the word game with this money..
Its all about money and manipulation!!! Brown wouldnt be out here to help. She would have to get a job like the rest of us to pay her bills.
So to say she does this for free is a freakin outright lie!!!
Case and point, she is a whore of the system, and gets money by using terms and words to manipulate people.

This woman is a bane to all those like me.. She has played her role into sucking off peoples energy.. Scamming them. Telling them outright lies about things.

THis sick bitch does such high volume of gimics that its the only thing that covers her butt. She can say well.. I deal with over 50 cases a day.. I cant be 100% on them all. Well out of 50 cases a day, she might get 5 right. Thats purely statistics, anyone could get that rate right, if they have any idea of how this world works.

She is turning her pagan ways, into a scam just like all other religions out there.. She is just playing the same game.

And you know what.. If people are going to be that open to being drained of their life force then thats what they get..
While I have some empathy for those being drained, and do everything I can to tell them never to pay for advice!!!

Dont trust this woman.. And its good to see many threads on ATS to help get the point across..
This woman will get whats comming to her in the end..
What goes around comes around. And she is one of the many who will have to face all that energy she has stolen from those in pain.

While it may make her feel good now, and here.. That energy she has taken and abused will all come back to her, and in the end.. Consume her soul.. Or energy.. However you want to think of it.. She is consuming and making herself ripe for the darker powers that be, that in the end will eat her.. its a cycle. And I steer clear of these types..
Its all smoke and mirrors.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I did some study on reading body language, and if you watch her as she's speaking, her hand or fingers are often near her mouth. It means that either she's unsure of what she's saying, or she's lying.

I believe there are many psychics out there, who are truly psychic, and she very well may be, but I question where she's getting her information.

Satan and his demons have used psychics to mislead people for a very long time. There are both good and bad psychics who play on both sides of the Spiritual War. Some know from whom they are receiving their information and others don't and are mislead themselves. Whether or not she is, I don't know.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexi Humi

That's a riot Alexi, I bet his family is quite proud...Ya gotta love South Park

Thanks for responding, your post replying to me made me laugh, thank you for that!

I am surprised there hasn't been one single post yet flaming us for putting down Sylvia Brown!! That's amazing, but then, most ATS members are pretty darn smart

[edit on 17-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am surprised there hasn't been one single post yet flaming us for putting down Sylvia Brown!! That's amazing, but then, most ATS members are pretty darn smart

Yeah that is surprising. I posted a thread a while back about James Randi and somehow Sylvia Brown came up.

A few of her supporters turned up then defending her

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Probably because there are already alot of threads on her here at ATS .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
lolwut. I read her book about Angels. Gobbledeegook. She's a lunatic. Her and Anne Rice remind me a bit of each other. Maybe it's the insanity and the hair cut.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Just watched 'the water' vid. She also does this tongue lip mouthing thing which is really unnerving. Reminds me of Parkinsons.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
so glad that the montel show got canned and now she wont have a big platform to spew this garbage out.

i think its quite clear from watching her performance on that show a number of times that she is simply giving the people blanket statements that can be used any way and having them answer their own questions.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I heard Brown on CoastToCoast. What a dumb broad. She gets things so backassward and dead wrong and won't admit she is wrong. I can't believe they still ever have her C2C.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
there should be a license needed to be a psychic you either pass vigorous tests proving you have the ability or you dont make money from peoples grief. They appall me and if they believe they are genuine then fine apply for a license.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join