It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
LOL i didn't mean to sound like that, just was quickly adding in a few points but yeah the world serpent thing, i'm not debunking it or whatever, just not my area - as u were

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
I'm thinking all these references to serpents has to do with the idea that dinosaurs maybe co-existed with man? Perhaps we killed them off with all the dragon slaying and such?

If not an ET explanation and not a spiritual explanation, than that would be the third probable explanation for it. But science wont even go as far as to admit that literate-man shared the earth with dinosaurs.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Which confirms my personal belief which is at odds with what most Ufologists believe: Spirituality / Altered States and UFOlogy are interlinked.

"Nuts and Bolts" Ufology is not enough to grasp the whole phenomenon.

You are absolute right about that; it is indeed far beyond only the "Nuts and Bolts" theory to grasp the whole phenomenon, no doubt in my mind about that.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I originally wanted to post this on "Ancient Civilizations" but figured there are too many debunkers over there, as especially you know. And its true: Not a single skeptic in sight

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Please excuse me if i do any mistakes its my first post. Not sure if relevant but here is an extract of the legend of the "Taniwha" pronounced as "Tar Nee Fa".

Link www.teara.govt.nz... 1/en

A creature of many forms

A creature of many forms

Taniwha are supernatural creatures whose forms and characteristics vary according to different tribal traditions. Though supernatural, in the Māori world view they were seen as part of the natural environment. Taniwha have been described as fabulous monsters that live in deep water. Others refer to them as dragons – many taniwha looked like reptiles, had wings and ate people. They could also take the shape of animals such as sharks, whales, octopuses, or even logs. Some taniwha could change their shape, moving between different forms.

Taniwha were either male or female. They usually lived in or near the water – lakes, rivers or the sea. They hid in lairs known as rua taniwha, which could be deep pools, caves, or dangerous waterways – areas that people avoided.

In some traditions, taniwha were terrifying creatures that captured people and ate them. Occasionally, it was said that they would kidnap women to live with them as wives. These monsters would inevitably be killed and the women returned to their families.

Others were kaitiaki, or protectors of iwi (tribes) and hapū (sub-tribes). These ones were respected, and people who passed by their dens would say the appropriate karakia (charm) and leave an offering, often a green twig.

We here in Aotearoa we have numerous indigenous legends of these "Taniwha's". I am no expert in this field but since finding out so much information bout how close we all are (ancient global beliefs) to each other its been insane!

Hopefully this helps in some way. I think all our indigenous Ideas/beliefs are getting suppressed as "they do not want us to know the real truth".

[edit on 17-5-2008 by chiplak]

KTK

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chiplak

Welcome chiplak, congrats on the first post.

Its good to have more Southerners represent. I promise not to make any sheep gags or refer to the fact that your female Prime Minister is actually a man.

Your information has floored me, my chin is bruised from the jaw drop. We have always been told that the Maori and Aboriginal cultures have no similarties or relationship at all.

We have a New Zealand reference to the serpent, not disimilar to the Aboriginal description.

Looky what we have here.

A Maori bullroarer is preserved in the British Museum

en.wikisource.org...

Im pretty sure alot of the Aboriginal and Maori artifacts in the Brittish Museum have made their way back to the original custodians. I remember they were copping alot of flak for having some rather sensitive things like body parts.

So the question is.......

Is the Maori Bullroarer part of serpent beliefs in NZ? What was the Maori bullroarer used for?

And incase anyones wondering why it is im hung up on the bullroarer. Its the same noise/vibrations people report when in between states. If you get stuck in the between to long you get the noise/vibrations. Its reported by those who meditate, have NDEs OBEs, sleep paralysis etc.
Its a bit like crossing the road when its raining, the longer it takes to get to the otherside the more uncomfortable you become.

Oh and the pictures arnt aliens, I feel like such a baffoon, its plain as day. The pictures are of THEM after thier run in with the serpent.

P.s They believe in reincarnation, Must find out if the Maori do as well.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chiplak

Before opening this thread I was faced with the choice of telling the serpent story from the maori and polynesia angle or the aborigine angle.

The fact that the establishment brushes all these similarities off as a coincidence or "psychological" is evidence of a cover-up, imo.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
And incase anyones wondering why it is im hung up on the bullroarer. Its the same noise/vibrations people report when in between states. If you get stuck in the between to long you get the noise/vibrations. Its reported by those who meditate, have NDEs OBEs, sleep paralysis etc.
Its a bit like crossing the road when its raining, the longer it takes to get to the otherside the more uncomfortable you become.

Ive heard the bullroarer sound and felt an odd sense of fast rotation on ocassions of sleep-paralysis and OBE. Thats spot on, imo.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK

Your information has floored me, my chin is bruised from the jaw drop. We have always been told that the Maori and Aboriginal cultures have no similarties or relationship at all.

"But we´ve always been told that..."

It never ceases to amaze me what we´ve been taught and told.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by spacevisitor

I originally wanted to post this on "Ancient Civilizations" but figured there are too many debunkers over there, as especially you know. And its true: Not a single skeptic in sight

I am reading the Dutch version of the book “The Serpent in the Sky” now, written by John A. West.
It is really very interesting.
I personally am convinced that one day many of those so far hidden matters will come out.
Sorely when disclosure of the ET-reality has finally taken place.

On the first page of that book there is a very appropriate quote of Nobel prizewinner Max Planck about that.

An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: it rarely happens that Saul becomes Paul. What does happen is that its opponents gradually die out and that the growing generation is familiarized with the idea from the beginning.”

-Max Planck-

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
theres a redice radio show about this topic;
www.redicecreations.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Porotiti

Often used as a toy, the alternating spin produces a whizzing or whirring sound. This sound is enhanced by carving the surface, used for healing by spinning over areas of rheumatism or arthritis, the sound vibration massages joints in a similar way to modern ultrasound.

Purerehua

Also known as "Bull-roarer" and made of bone, wood or stone, they are blade-like and swing on a long cord producing a loud, deep whirring that can be heard from a distance. Uses vary from luring lizards, summoning rain and attracting a soul mate to several being played together at a Tangi (funeral).

Link

Its good to have more Southerners represent. I promise not to make any sheep gags or refer to the fact that your female Prime Minister is actually a man.

Cheers guys for the support so far, and Yes bro (KTK) our prime minister is a "she man"( i don't mean to disrespect the real she-men out there but she is.)

Anyways I will be meeting a very very knowledgeable person on the history of the northland of NZ and associated legends of the land this week so i will definitely be mentioning this awesome post and ask/pick his brain regarding this discussion about our aboriginal brothers and sisters of australia ( and the Nordic,Hopi etc...) about the "Serpents".

Please!! If you guys have any ideas or a list of questions (within reason) I could put forward to this person i would really appreciate it as I think this would benefit us all.

If you guys don't mind, even though it is not exactly about the "rainbow serpents' but thought it would be relevant to this subject I would like to post the info i find out on this thread , if you guys object i will post it on a new thread?

Cheers.

Oh yeh the sheep thing , I have been so conditioned to "those jokes" that even the concept of stabbing myself in the eye with a blunt chopstick has eluded me.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hey Sky,

Don't know if you have heard of Credo Mutwa? He is a Zulu Shaman in South Africa. I have heard the man talk a few times and his stories are just incredible. His website is here:

credomutwa.com...

If I get time to find other links about his info regarding the reptilian / serpent races, I'll post for you. Africa also has a large history with Serpent races. Like the Dogon tribe, they said that a serpent (amphibious?) race had taught them that there was Sirius A and Sirius B. Westerners laughed at that, until the technology was available to see Sirius B.

Here's an excellent link to that info:

www.unmuseum.org...

As I said, if I get some time later, I will see what links I can find to other info I know about Africa / South Africa (where I come from). Just another interesting tidbit - many of the African races believe in a being called the "tokoloshe". This is a small being known to abduct people, etc.

Here's a link to it:

www.vanhunks.com...

I don't entirely agree with all the info there, I have heard that they look like the small greys too. Who knows, maybe their reference to the "tokoloshe" encompasses a variety of small beings. Just something I thought you may find interesting.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chiplak

I do have a question regarding ancient new zealand:

Have you ever heard of ancient phoenician and celtic carvings to have been found here and there?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I know credo mutwa, but Ive never heard of the tokoloshe.

The mix of the fantastic info coming in here would make for a great book.

Thanks.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The serpents related in myth and religion are, I believe tales of a time of a great catastrophe that brought and end to the "Golden Age" another concept that permeates many myths.
So I believe the serpents are comets, the flowing hair of the goddess the beard of the god or the feathers of the serpent are descriptions of the comets fillamentary plasma tail.
They struck awe and fear into the ancient people. A reminder of a great catastrophe that we've all forgotten. One that spurred all myth and religion.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seenitall That Is Correct . You Can Make A Bull Roarer With A Length Of Nylon Kite String And An Oblong, Flat Piece Of Fairly Light Wood .The Wood Should Be Shaped Like A Double Ended Arrow Head . Tie The String Slightly Off Center And Swing It Around Your Head With Faster Then Slower Speeds , Allowing The String To Get Shorter , Then Longer As You Swing it will Cause an array of different "ROARS". . It Takes Some Practice But You Will Be Amazed At The Sounds You Will Get From Them . The "BULLROARER" Is A Very Ancient Instrument That Goes Back Untold Thousands Of Years ! Hope That Helps .

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This thread is really interesting.
Aboriginal culture and history is just so amazing, and I am lucky enough to have grown up around a fair bit of it.
I remember hearing the 'rainbow serpent' story being told by an Aboriginal elder to my class and I when I was only very young (about 8 or 9 i think) in celebration of NAIDOC week. However, one of the reasons I believe it to be called the 'rainbow serpent' is because if you hold a diamond python or a carpet python out in the sun, you will notice the scales of the snake reflect a wonderful and beautiful rainbow colour. My diamond python looks absolutely stunning when you hold him up to the light!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Sounds like min-min lights!

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiplak

Purerehua

Also known as "Bull-roarer" and made of bone, wood or stone, they are blade-like and swing on a long cord producing a loud, deep whirring that can be heard from a distance. Uses vary from luring lizards, summoning rain and attracting a soul mate to several being played together at a Tangi (funeral).

Thankyou for that invaluable information

Lures lizards and attracts soul mates! If we can get past the semantics we may actually crack something in this thread. There are far too many relationships between the Indigenous cultures of the world for even the cynic in me to ignore. The question remains are the sullied waters intentional? And if so who is the culprit? Wouldnt mind skyfloatings initial thoughts on that one as you have been looking into this for a while.

Originally posted by chiplak
Cheers guys for the support so far, and Yes bro (KTK) our prime minister is a "she man"( i don't mean to disrespect the real she-men out there but she is.)

Aye, its almost as if her diet is entirely of testicles, most likely sheeps.

Seriously though your response to this made me ponder something I knew as fact amongst polynesian culture. Ever come across a big hulking Samoan lady man? I bet you have. Before the Mormons and Adventists got to them they were culturally accepting of this and would let them live as women folk with the rites and responsibilites of a woman. American Indian cultures did the same. Would be interesting to see if the same approach was taken in Maori and Aboriginal culture. The more similarities we find the biggest the case for a ahem "conspiracy". Tasty aint it....

I have many a question you could ask on my behalf.

Central to the Aboriginals belief system is thier kinship and totem regulations based on cycles. When you look past the semantics again you find they are describing reincarnation belief system based on cycles and the "new age"(hate that word)concept of soul groups. A great grandmother would call her great grandaughter"mother" and the great granddaughter would call her great grandmother"daughter". Read into that as you will.

Would the Maori have any equivalent there?

Also I have discovered why women dont participate in bullroaring rites of passage in Oz. The dreamtime story states that the men stole it off the women. But that the women didnt mind in the end cause they realised they didnt need the bullroarer to be initiated by the serpent as they could find it without the Bullroarer. Plus they were already sacred creators and didnt need the reminder.

What were some of the ancient Maori rites of passage? How did the sexes mix during these ceremonies? Are Maori women allowed near the Maori bullroarer?

What gender roles are the moon and sun assigned to in Maori culture? This one is very very important.

Im sure I will think of more, I hope thats not too much for you.

Choice ay bro........

[edit on 19-5-2008 by KTK]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join