It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel Hygiene Conspiracy- Must See Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you have not seen this report, this is definitely something you need to watch! With the rise of superbugs, these types of code violations are definitely a huge risk to your health. What do these hotels all have in common when presented with this evidence...NO COMMENT. What a shock. Check it out for yourself...

Hotel Expose

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I can not even watch this video. Sorry, but I know what it will show and it will gross me out.

I have OCD (not really, but I joke about it) when it comes to things being clean. I have stayed in many hotels in the US and outside of it and am always grossed out at the thoughts of how clean things really are or arent.

With all the regulations we have on various things....I always wonder why the hotel industry is NOT held to higher standards.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That's pretty disgusting. I guess I'll just add hotel glasses to my list of things never to touch, eat, or drink out of. I shouldn't be surprised. On my last hotel stay, while eating dinner in the bar, I overheard the manager discussing the cook's case of pink eye.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I work for a well known chain of Hotels as a night auditor, our chain in particular and our sister hotels do not use the glass dishes in rooms, for santitary reasons we only provide throw away coffee cups and drink cups. In our service area where breakfast is served the conditions are very sanitary, most of the breakfast foods are individually wrapped, those that are not are stored under a dome lid and accessed by using tongs only. In addition to those steps taken, the bathrooms are fully disinfected as well as tables in rooms, the full bed set, comforter and all, are washed before reuse (many many hotels do not change the top comforter, just the sheets and pillow cases) and carpeting is cleaned reguarly. The hotel I work in is an exception as far as cleanliness, our staff and owners take extra pride in seeing that everything is clean and comfortable, no mold, spider webs, bugs of any kind. I cannot believe it is the suppoosed 'upper crust' of hotels that are found to be performing such nasty practices! There are certain questions I will ask before staying at a hotel, even one within our family of hotels, including how old are the beds, daily housekeeping?, I will check any bed for signs of bedbugs(look for a black mold looking substance on corners of beds, it is not mold, that is bedbug droppings) I worked at another hotel for a while before this one, and thought some of the beds had mold on them, I reported it time and time again after housekeepers kept telling me it was getting worse, it was not mold, it was bedbugs. And hundreds of people had slept on those beds. It can vary hotel to hotel, staying with one chain doesn't mean a thing, it is all about who is running the hotel and whether or not they care, I look for those who are either recently remoldled and have long term owners, it establishes the customer's satisfaction if the same folks have been running it for a while and still have regular customers, I won't stay in a hotel that has beds older than 2 years, I look for a clean smell coming from their laundry area as well, some hotels do not even use detergent, just wash and use again.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Crazy. Luckily, I don't use the glasses very often. Not sure that protects me, I'm sure there are plenty of other disgusting things in hotel rooms that never get cleaned properly.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

Firstly, this is not a 'conspiracy' per se, just poor management practices. I used to be a manager in a hotel and occassionally it comes down to cutbacks of room services etc that create problems such as this. Poor training, supervision and lack of standards of performance do not help. You will often find this in two, three and possibly some four star hotels (especially busy ones).

All used rooms are turned over as policy. Most Hotels have strict turnover times (I.e. 20 minutes to clean a room etc). Such times continually get squeezed each year in the name of quality, but ultimately under the banner of savings (labour costs etc).

Secondly, I agree with greeeneyedleo with regards to the regulation of the Hotel industry - it simply does not do enough to ensure that Hotels are adhering to Health & Safety standards.

They visit once per annum (approx) and even then, their date of arrival is usually known. Any problems could therefore, be brushed under the carpet (excuse the pun - but don't look under the carpets either!!)

Therefore, don't just blame the individual Hotels - blame the industry, it milks everything for its worth and blames low profit margins for this.

P.s. Not all Hotels are like this - the well run runs are safe.

My two bob.

Brei.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You're right, it's probably not a conspiracy. At least from the top down. Management is never going to endorse this kind of activity from it's staff and would take care of it if they knew. But what about from the low socioeconomic worker who is barely scraping by? Why should they care about the health of the middle or upper class who are staying there? The resentment towards wealth could be a factor. Obviously, these workers would never do this in front of their boss, but when they aren't being evaluated on their performance what would be their reasoning for doing this? It could be a word of mouth thing that has spread from hotel to hotel as workers have changed jobs. What the customer doesn't know, won't hurt them. Problem is it just might.

My girlfriend recently got back from New York and two days later was sick with a bad flu-type bug. Serious vomitting for 4 days straight, not fun. I haven't asked her if she used a glass from her room yet. She's OCD so I don't want to freak her out too much.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There are a few things I refuse to watch, any documentary filmed at a chicken or beef processing plant....I love chicken and red meat therefore I don't want to know ....

Your hotel video is one of them...I saw a Dateline or Primetime that sprayed down hotel rooms and cruise ship rooms with luminol and did the black light and I about yacked....it lit up like the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree...bodily fluids everywhere, even on the mini bar and inside it.

Heck a few weeks ago Dateline did a bedbug story and as I was watching I started itching.....but to the people on here brave enough to watch...Cheers lol

[edit on 16-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
When our family stays in hotels, mama wipes down everything and everyone has to wear shoes in the room when they aren't sleeping. Okay, so I might not be the most fun on vacation, but at least my family is not coming home germed too badly. When I think of how my parents used to let us loll all over the place, it's a wonder I'm still alive! I mean really, between the germs, $4.00 gas and the freaky pedophiles who have to live in hotels we might just stay home this summer.

new topics

top topics

join