It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jason Satellite Indicates 23-Year Global Cooling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

New Jason Satellite Indicates 23-Year Global Cooling

www.blacklistednews.com

Now it’s not just the sunspots that predict a 23-year global cooling. The new Jason oceanographic satellite shows that 2007 was a “cool” La Nina year—but Jason also says something more important is at work: The much larger and more persistent Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) has turned into its cool phase, telling us to expect moderately lower global temperatures until 2030 or so.

For the past century at least, global temperatures have tended to mirror the 20-to 30-year warmings and coolings of the north-central Pacific Ocean. We don’t know just why, but the pattern of the last century is clear: the earth warmed from about 1915 to1940, while the PDO was also warming (1925 to 46). The earth cooled from 1940 to 1975, while the PDO was cooling (1946 to 1977). The strong global warming from 1976 to 1998 was accompanied by a strong and almost-constant warming of the north-central Pacific. Ancient tree rings in Baja California and Mexico show there have been 11 such PDO shifts since 1650, averaging 23 years on length.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have said over and over and OVER AND OVER again. It is nothing more than cycles. Periodic heating....periodic cooling. Nothing more. Now don;t get me wrong, I am not against living healthier and cleaner. BUT PLEASE.............please stop blaming global warming for everything that goes wrong. Just read what this schmuck said.......
www.businessandmedia.org...
But then again...his hedge fund needs you to belive it so he can profit profit profit!

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
More and more reports like this are rising to the surface from under all the BS the global warming camp has disseminated. It's starting to feel like the tide has finally turned and the real data is starting to see the light of day. I'll bet we soon see a frantic push for the carbon taxes while they still have the masses confused about the issue.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
BLAMING IT ON GLOBAL WARMING
THATS WHAT MY WHOLE FAMILY ARE SAYING I WILL MAKE THEM READ THIS THANKS YOU FOR THIS POST

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

I guess the way I see it is those cycle changes could wipe out any trends resulting from our activities much like the tides washway footprints and sand castles. I have often thought that it is the achilles heal of the theory of climate change resulting in a runaway disaster. If the Earth warmed enough to melt the glaciers the NAO could shut down and trigger the reformation of glaciers.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
we're warming, we're cooling, we're warming, we're cooling, we're warming, we're cooling, we're warming, we're cooling, we're warming, we're cooling. STOP THE INSANITY!

I don't really care what we want to call it. The weather is going crazy. I don't care why it happened. I do care THAT it happened. I think we need to prepare for scenarios that would exist if it continues to worsen. We need to stop playing the blame game and stop wasting so much time and energy deciding who is to blame for what has caused this and start figuring out solutions to keep us alive if it continues to get worse.

Polluting the planet sucks, but we don't need to be treated like children and lied to in order to convince us to stop. How about we sway public opinion with honesty instead of fear mongering? Sadly, it will never happen.

new topics

top topics

join