It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
reply to post by WTFover

Anytime you use the "Alert" or "Complaint/Suggestion" functions, it starts a thread in the mods-only forum that gets counted in your overall thread count on your profile. Also, opening the comments section on your profile counts as a thread.

I wondered why my thread count had seemed to be going up something crazy!? Why is that?

It gives an unfair portrayal of the users content he has produced.... and also makes it possible for everyone to see how much of a snitch or good two shoes you are!?

That information should be between you and the mods, like it was at shool!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I just realised, and saw for the first time that the post box changes to green if they are your fiend, cool!

Does it change to red if they are your foe? I have never had one!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Why can't I upload media?

@Carlito

It gives an unfair portrayal of the users content he has produced.... and also makes it possible for everyone to see how much of a snitch or good two shoes you are!?

Maybe lmao!

You can use the alert button to recommend a member's post or thread for applause. So a guy with more threads than they've written could be spreading a little warmth behind the scenes. Not me though...stars and flags are plenty.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One of ze lurkers/chat voyeurs appears to be able to talk

IgnoreTheFacts (ze lurker) thinks it might be a bug with the [edited out] but I haven't been able to replicate it.

Edit: Replicated it
Edit2: To add he didn't do this intentionally.
edit on 16/10/2010 by phoenix_zephyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Will u2u you SO with how it was done.

- Phoenix

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My post below in another thread appears Below my avatar, instead of to the right of it like usual. I've cleared my cookies, and checked for any viruses and such, and as far as I know everything is updated on my end.

I was wondering if this appears the same to anyone else, or if anyone has any suggestions:
post by Esoteric Teacher

Thanks in advance,
ET

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Have you checked to see if your avatar is complying with the new 2010 guidelines??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Your posts look as normal as anyone elses to me ET

The content ? well thats a different story

Though please dont change.
edit on 17-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Help!
Firstly this is not an ATS issues. It is a ladyinwaiting inept issue.
I have XP-pro, Explorer, and I have set my settings (apparently) to keep open every page I have been on.
The way I dash around here, it ends up with scores of pages open, showing at the bottom of my screen.
I can't take it anymore. They all have to be closed manually. Click. Close. Click. Close.

Can somebody tell me how to change this setting? Armap? Are you here? You have rescued me from my own messes in the past. Anybody

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

If I understand it right, go to the "Tools" menu, then the "Internet options" sub-menu.

In the "Internet options" window click the "Definitions" button on the "Tabs" section (the second from the bottom). In the next window, in the section entitled "When a pop-up is found", choose the last option, "Always open pop-ups in a new tab".

I hope that helps.

PS: the names may not be the right ones, I used the translated version from my Portuguese version.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Try shrinking your font/resolution size .

Control/scroll-wheel in FF.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I've been working on it, and I followed: Tools, Advanced, Internet Options, and I unchecked "enable page transitions". So far I'm just getting ONE Ats address at the bottom of the screen instead of twenty-seven. lol.

So far, so good I hope. It wasn't really interfering with anything, just a pain in the booty.

Looks like it might be fixed this time, Armap. Thank you so very much.

edit on 10/17/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've got something going on with my account settings. Up until thismorning I did not have these issues.

Under the "myATS" option under the Favorite Forums' "forum list" I have many forums now absent and some forums appearing multiple times. For Example I have the Debate Forum showing up 3 times, but other forums are now no longer available.

What causes this, and what can I do to fix it?

Or forget explaining what caused this, and what can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
John

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I'm sure I'm good with the guidelines for avatar, I believe.

thanks for the advice and help guys, it just happened that once. first time.

But now myATS favorite forums forum list seems to be on the fritz, and I'm not sure why. some forums are missing, while other forums are there more than once.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Try to change the way you see the forums, maybe it helps.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No problems with your avatar, it follows the rules.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Try to change the way you see the forums, maybe it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion ArMaP, but it did not work

I tried switching through the options under the "Favorite Forums" headliner under myATS, and I also tried re-arranging the placements of the forums, up and down, and still I am seeing multiple forums, while other forums are no longer there I used to have listed there.

Another example of this gremlin or ghost in the machine (Halloween season) is the fact that the Alien and Ufo forum is on the list 4 times, and there are other forums showing up 3, 4, or more, like duplicates.

How else can I manage my forum subscription, to add forums? Maybe I can just delete the dublicates, and add the other forums. This is possible, yes? I haven't done this in some time .... since 06 or 07 I think.

Thanks again for the helping hand,
ET

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I think that happened to me once, some two years ago, and what I did was to recreate my favourites list.

I hope there's a better way of doing it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Bug:
Starring your own posts causes the top menu, left and right menu overlays, and assorted other things to become horribly mangled. This seems to be consistently reproducible. If need be I can patch together some screenshots...but it's about three screenfulls of mangled-ness.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Which browser are you using? I just tried that in Chrome (beta)

Oh wait a sec just tried it in internet explorer and yep your right....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8767a38fcdf2.jpg[/atsimg]

But it didn't do it in chrome... Also starring your own posts? For shame

new topics

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317 >>

join