It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Plans on Watching Iron Man Next Weekend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Don't go just to see how they incorporate the Sabbath song into the movie, otherwise you'll be sorely disappointed.

It is a fun one to watch though.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
eh you could be right, I will of course keep an open mind about this film. (or get drunk enough to warrant liking the film)

The problem is Hype. I immediatly find distain in anything that gets as much hype as this movie has gotten. I feel let down every time I go and check out something that gets too much media attention.

I mean if it warrents so much commercial advertisement then obviously it needs to live up to the hype right? So therefore this better be on par with The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia. Etc...

otherwise shesh man im gonna feel let down.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
eh you could be right, I will of course keep an open mind about this film. (or get drunk enough to warrant liking the film)

That would be like drinking and going on a roller coaster

I'm going to see Iron Man in a coupe hours.. then I might drink

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
That would be like drinking and going on a roller coaster

you don't do that? really? hmm I thought that was part of the fun. And besides I sit in the front of a roller coaster puking drunk just for that reason.

Edit: What U KNO movie review (no spoiler's)

I went and saw this movie this evining and now I will share my feelings on this film...

I will have to give Ironman a Wukky atomic thumbs down
Yes this film as nearly as horrible to watch as that waste of time and cellophane crapfest "superhero" film The Punnisher...

In this film a snotty and completely spoiled son of a weapons manufacturer is kidnapped by Islamic terrorists. ( I swear the pro American anti Arab propaganda portrayed in this film was nearly unbearable) nearly dead he is saved by ingenious means as his heart now has to be powered by a car battery...

all of a sudden our protagonist is faced with a daunting dilemma, how to escape and how to survive. Yes our hero of course emerges thanks to his brilliant education in robotics and a certain amount of mcgyverism.

However our brilliant and heroic figure is inept at the most simple of life's obstacles so enters our love interest which is played by the most beautiful gwenith paltro. As our hero's assistant she is privy to all of our hero's problems and as faith full Albert is to batman our heroin is as faithful to her socially and humanly inept employer turned superhero Ironman.

This film ends of course open to a sequel. Which is the point of the film to bring about a product and make people spend money on a brand. Ironman has already made millions on product advertising the film itself is superfluous in its attempt to further place the brand brought about by the advertising already placed in the film.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Awesome review whatuknow.
Thanks for saving me $12.50.I think they should let me make all the super hero films from now on.I wouldn't care about the merchandising or opening weekend records id just make kick ass films.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't know if you're familiar with the comic books, but that's basically the Tony Stark story. The movie captured that part pretty well I think. Each character was picked from the comic and there were a lot of tongue in cheek references to the comic series.

I guess people will get more out of it if they were a fan of the Iron Man Marvel series. I was never really into Iron Man, but I've been reading a lot of The Ultimates lately and their take on Iron Man and Tony Stark.

Edit: And I just read that Obadiah Stane is an old school Iron Man villain known as the 'Iron Monger'. So, I guess my previous post about using a known Iron Man villain is wrong.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well i saw it last night... i was dragged there by some friends...

It was an alright movie.

It wasn't bad.

I never was into Comic books, at all... so... i didn't have any backstory on the movie. Or the comic... so each portion of the movie was fresh... I alo managed not to watch the comerials for it... other then just a few times... But thats cause i dont watch much TV...

I would recomend watching this on TV if you see it there... not worth owning though... i doubt there would be much replay value unless you are a ironman comic freak.

I think the movie tied the story into modern day as good as can be expected, without going into details...

---Spoilers---
The movie can be an interpretaion of some kind. The whole sotry of a weapons expert being shot/killed by the weapons he makes is somewhat of a decent story.

I knew that the Guy was a traitor from the moment his name was said... and when the bad guy got into his suit of armor, his voice became like a possed-ogre-demon which was perhapes the lamest moment

The F-22 was in the movie a Bunch of times... that was cool to see... i guess... except it shot a bunch of Machince gun bullets at a target... and a F-22 Crashed... which doesnt/inst going to happen ever...(except for that one time during testing a few years back)

The news room and podium parts of the movie were intresting...

One thing to point out, one person that i was with said that the Friendly guy, who is with The Main Charecter when he is imprisoned by Islamists in a cave, that he was a Chiense person in the comics, but in the movie is portryaed as just a friendly local person... Did the movie change this to keep China out of the movie? The guy also listed a list of languages that he spoke, and it did not include either Chiniese dialect... Thats just a personal observation though..

There was just a little bit of drinking in the movie... if the main charecter was suposed to be a major achohalic, then i don't think they showed that, but he did have a drink in his hand a good portion of the movie...

The movie was also about 2 hours long... which was just right... and i used my student ID and saved .25 cents... yea...

Oh, and after the credits, what was that, i thought it was Morphes... from the matrix... but someone said something about the avengers...

I thought the Avengers was a film from the last 25 years or something... a movie my parents had...

[edit on 5/3/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Oh, and after the credits, what was that, i thought it was Morphes... from the matrix... but someone said something about the avengers...

That was Nick Fury General and Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the agency that the weird little guy in the movie worked for).

And he was talking about the Avengers initiative. This is a fairly big deal with regards to comic book movies, because it is basically confirming the making of a series of new movies starring the Avengers characters, which include at the least, The Incredible Hulk (you saw his trailer during Iron Man), Thor, Ant Man and maybe The Wasp, however, it would be easy enough to incorporate The Wasp into the Ant Man movie since she's his wife.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Saw it and liked it. Funny, shooting and the good guy wins.

Roper

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I saw the movie and didn't look pro-American in my view. Looks more like anti war film when Tony Stark is like I want to end weapons production since I see my own weapons not solving the problems, but is making it worse.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I seen it more as corporate responsibility, but like all art every viewer will have it's own interpersonal.

I loved the movie. Best superhero film to date imo. A good set up for all the Avengers movies to come.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
just watched it, would have been good to know about the extra after the credits/..... Movie was OK, could be better....

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Saw it last week.

Characters, interplay...A
Entertainment.............B
Interest, Length..........A-
Plot.............................B+
Rewatchability.............B-
Dialog..........................A-
Buy the DVD..............Maybe

Without Downey and Paltrow it wouldn't have been a very good time. They deserve a lot of the credit. Beginning was a little slow. Could have been better writing, better fight scenes, but SFX were pretty good.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OK....

It's been out for a week now, and if it's ok with the OP and the mods, I'd like to start talking about spoilers..... Please don't lynch me.

So.... Jim Rhodes.

Did anyone else catch the War Machine reference? When Iron Man was going to fly off to fight Iron Monger, Jim looked back at the prototype suit and said "Maybe next time."

Is this a hint that in the next Iron Man movie, or the Avengers movie War Machine will make his appearance?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am a SPider Man lover, not so much on Iron Man. But it is from the same man who brought us Spider Man so I thought I would give it a shot.

LOVED IT! I didn't know it was going to be so funny. I thought it would be an action film but it was also a comedy. I know a little about Tony Stark's backround just from being a fan of Marvel. Like he was kidnapped in Vietnam. This time it is in Afganistan but the same story line. Saw the things as they played out, like the Warmachine reference. And I knew it was SHIELD before they even said it, duh, I worked it out in my head.

Anyways, very entertaining, very funny. Also, if you go and there is a large crowd prepare to hear a "Padum Padum" during the opening song Back in Black from the crowd. It's a joke from the Bob and Tom show and a comedian who talked about doing scat and the first song he learned was Back in Black.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I finally got to see it this weekend. Some delays due to scheduling conflicts( read: no babysitter).

I thought it was a great action/superhero flick. I remembered some of the Tony Stark story from years gone bye and knew they updated it to Afghanistan( TK that's why the guy in the cave doesn't speak Chinese, originally it was Vietnam), liked the visuals, the Raptors were cool, the quick revenge on the terrorists was cool, the freaking cars were cool. The robots were really cool.

I liked the ending but I was hoping for a little more. It didn't ruin it but I was just hoping it would have been a little more dramatic.

Overall: 8.5 out 10.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Dudes and dudetts! This movie freakin rocks!!!!
WEll done! And really did the job for me personally!!!

I rank this movie up there with Transformers, Starwars, and the Matrix!

Great work, and I really say, If you have not seen it.. GO SEE IT!

And then buy it on DVD!!!!

Ironman kicks some metal butt!!!
THis movie could have gone a couple ways.. But in the end I am happy.
And can't wait for Ironman 2, and 3.. heck lets just keep on going and have the movies with Ironman and his crew.. Captin America and the avengers!!

I did think he was going to have to go up aginst The mandarin in this flick.. But they will use him later.. Thats one of Ironmans arch foes that created Ultron and other robots that Ironman turns into scrape metal..
The mandarin and his rings are only so much VS the power of Ironman and all his wonderful weaponry..
Yes War machine is my personal Fav. Ironman suit!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

I'd rather listen to Ironman

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join