It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AccessDenied is Heartbroken :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My Favorite band of all time, has completely disappointed me. I have loved them since I was 13 years old. Seen them in concert, which was a major highlight of my life. Whenever I feel like rocking, it's their CD I play. When I work out it's their music I play. The ringtone on my phone is their best known song..
But now this.
Why have they done this to me? The #1 fan of all.. I could just cry..

Joe, Phil, Sav, Rick, Viv...
HOW COULD YOU?????
I
the ground you walk on.., until you did this.. so sad.
Thanks for rocking my world, till now. :shk:

[edit on 25-4-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
wow, that song sucks on so many levels. I'm not a big fan of DL, although I do recall being totally into them when that first big album hit MTV. Sad when a band tries to change their sound to accomodate the current trends and it fails them.

Truth is, a really good band either maintains their sound throughout their career or they manage to adjust their sound in advance of the trends. REM, in their prime were perfect examples of this. When everyone started rocking, they went acoustic, when everyone went acoustic, they went back to harder stuff (Monster - their last good album although the new one is pretty good).

U2 is another example of the good and bad side of things. While I'm not a fan, they did manage to stick to their core music for a while and when they veered off course they sucked and then reverted back to a closer version of themselves.

DL went pop with a country twang. That's sad.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Def Leppard, the Eagles Part Deux.

Let's all start sucking!!!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I can only say that this is what happens when your manager is married to Shania Twain. She went more rock, they went more ...*Sniffs* Country..*sobs*
OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL....

I don't wanna hear a country twang in any Def Leppard song..EVER!
I WANT THIS!!!! (My cell's ringtone BTW..)
www.youtube.com...

It's funny to be out somewhere and all of a sudden people hear..
'POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME"
Coming from the pocket of my jeans!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
you think thats bad AD (which it is)?

Hows this for ya? not to derail the thread or anything...

It's sad when preformers (especially good ones) cave in like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lol i love Def L as well,

Love and hate collide is one of my fav songs every of theres,

Im sure they will Rock back

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What memories. They were the first band I saw in concert. They were opening up for Billy Squire and stole the show...unbelievable concert.

Now I'm off to watch the video in the OP.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It doesn't sound THAT bad. DL still retained their sound and beat in the background. Maybe they will change their minds and bring us back some of their SUGAR!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

My Gosh I hope so..
I still have my Union Jack t shirt that I wore to the concert, and there is a big Union Jack flag on my wall.
My piczo site is even Magikal Mysteria, after the song Hysteria..
Yeah, I know I'm obsessed.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow! That would have have sucked 20 years ago. I just burnt my vintage concert T

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Aint they the band with a one armed drummer?
At least thats what the bloodhound gang told me a few years ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Wow! That would have have sucked 20 years ago. I just burnt my vintage concert T

OMG! NO WAY! That's just downright Blasphemous Klev!
J/K

Originally posted by Azador

Aint they the band with a one armed drummer?

YES!!! They are. No other drummer compares to Rick Allen.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My question is, why are all the old bands all of sudden trying to come back with new crap? They had their hits back in the day, the few the proud, but overall buttrock to the max... It faded and died and now they come back like 20 years later to rock us some more? LOL, that song did blow monkey turds... I more or less pity the old bands trying to come back... Sounds to me like they are hurting for money and need a new record to pull some quick cash...

Good point you made Access.. They rocked until this... And good choice on bailing... I would have too... Kinda like Metallica... What the heck is going on with them..? My opinion, should have quit at In Justice For All...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Awww such a shame

It was one of my ex's favourites too.(one of the twins never to be mentioned

)

One of my old 'fellow noisemakers' from the N.E teamed up with Pete Willis(about a hundred years ago).. en.wikipedia.org...(band)
..but got the boot and left to do better things..check out

"Smith & Jackson 'Rivertown' " it's not 'country' too... honest..

If you can blame anyone it has to be Mutt Lange though.. He's a fantastic producer but very blinkered towards the country rock fashion that's going around.

I met up with Paul Jackson just before he set off for Nevada.. he was crazy about going out to watch the legendary U.F.O displays from AREA 51 at the time.
He'd make a great addition to A.T.S too.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
My question is, why are all the old bands all of sudden trying to come back with new crap? They had their hits back in the day, the few the proud, but overall buttrock to the max... It faded and died and now they come back like 20 years later to rock us some more? LOL, that song did blow monkey turds... I more or less pity the old bands trying to come back... Sounds to me like they are hurting for money and need a new record to pull some quick cash...

Good point you made Access.. They rocked until this... And good choice on bailing... I would have too... Kinda like Metallica... What the heck is going on with them..? My opinion, should have quit at In Justice For All...

They lost me after the Rock of ages tour, which is the one I saw in concert. It was awesome, but their CD "YEAH" blew chunks massively.
It just ticks me off. COUNTRY SUCKS when you are a die hard rock fan.I'd rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard.It's too bad that Mutt made them great, and now he's bringing them down. Or perhaps, the boys are just getting old.

My happy music days are gone.
This will be the last time I post this picture. *sniffs*

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

This will be the last time I post this picture. *sniffs*

How about just keep posting it for us here...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I saw that on VH1 Classic yesterday.

But don't worry. You're not the only one who's favorite band breaks their heart.

youtube.com...

:shk:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

No way T, I give you enough photochopping ammo to use..!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Damn enj..I couldn't take more than 30 seconds of that.
You know I watch Gene on his Family Jewels show, and I think sometimes he is quite smart and other times a complete MORON.
Gosh that was their old stuff too.
:shk:

top topics

join