It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's stop the knee-jerking!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Day after day we see threads featuring sensational “breaking news” stories, and the inevitable flood of reactionary comments. I have certainly been guilty of reactionary responses to a variety of stories, be they in the conspiracy, paranormal, UFO or “real" news threads. It’s one thing to dismiss or believe a person claiming to be an alien contactee, but quite another to react emotionally and ignorantly to a story that can be verified, often easily, with a little research or simply a little patience. (ie...Simply waiting till what actually occurred is revealed.)

It’s funny, actually it’s hilarious, yet frightening that there is a large section of the populace who will believe something if it is in any way connected to a “news” source of some kind. There is no doubt that some of the stories we see are twisted, no, mangled to the point of being a mockery of the actual event.

In closing, I’ll simply offer my fellow ATSers this advice: Get as much evidence and as many facts as possible, before forming ANY opinion.

I’ll leave you with these quotes:
"False history gets made all day, any day, the truth of the new is never on the news." Adrienne Rich

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed." Mark Twain

"We accept too damned many things on the explanations of people who could have good reasons for lying.” Frank Herbert

join