It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boot camp officials accused of dragging a 15-year-old girl behind a van

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Two San Antonio-based boot camp officials accused of dragging a 15-year-old girl behind a van in Banquete were indicted Thursday on aggravated assault charges.

Charles Eugene Flowers and Stephanie Bassitt of Love Demonstrated Ministries boot camp are accused of using a rope to tie camper Siobahn McClintock to a van on June 12 and then dragging her behind it.

Link

Link

I am surprised the dragging a girl behind a vehicle hasn't made more news. Maybe it was more reported when it initially occurred.

After attending this camp I suppose her view of authority and police/military figures may well be lowered.

How could anyone do this to a teenager because she didn't run fast enough. I would say it is not a proper punishment for any offense except may be murder.

Just shows that what a camp states or advertises doesn't always match their actions.

Edit: sp

[edit on 4/19/2008 by roadgravel]

SR

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Teenagers and discipline a concept that usually doesn't mix too well i think there may be more to this story than a case of 'oh my little angel who couldn't do wrong was terribly tortured by these evil authoritian military nuts'

Still though the action was abit excessive.

Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR
Teenagers and discipline a concept that usually doesn't mix too well i think there may be more to this story than a case of 'oh my little angel who couldn't do wrong was terribly tortured by these evil authoritian military nuts'

Still though the action was abit excessive.

Just my two cents.

What in the hell does it matter that theres anything else to the story? 2 adults took a child tied her to the back of a van and dragged her, thats more than "a bit excessive" its freaking abuse (on top of abuse of power). They have Ministries in thier name which leads one to believe its religous oriented, which makes this even more extreme.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

My thoughts also after that post. Dragging someone down a road is isn't punishment. Gotta love these people that create circumstances that give their self power and then misuse it.

top topics

join