It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neoguri tropical storm gaining strength quick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

I have been watching this thing get big here:

visz.rsoe.hu...

right now moving at 12.96 km/h with winds at 157.42 km/h guesting at 194.46 km/h making it a Typhoon III

but the thing i have noticed is that 4 days ago on 4/14 the winds were at 55 km/h.

Tell me what you think

Also check out other things on that site, its a live feed of every natural, human, or space caused events, even down to bad car accidents.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Your a bit off the mark there

We actually draw charts and analyse the South East ASian and West Pacific oceans at my work. We get the official warnings and reports for typhoons in this area as soon as they are issued. Typhoons in this area (and cyclones here in Australia) can intensify extremely quickly due to the extremely hot sea water temperature. An increase in wind speed like that is not unusual if you moniotr these guys closely

At 1200 GMT time Neoguri had sustained winds at 80knots and was expected to weaken rapidly as it crossed land. Its not yet considered a monster (still very strong though), but if it does fool the forecasters and turn out to sea instead of crossing land (although very unlikely) it could gather strength.

Good web site too

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The mods needs to give you a special tag as the ats meteorologist. Every time I read one of you posts it takes me back to Earth and Ocean Sciences Classabout natural disasters. I guess because almost every time you answer a weather question someone is usually asking about the super storm of tomorrow.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
(I would drop a crazy reference but I have already forgotten almost everything I learned
)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WuTang
The mods needs to give you a special tag as the ats meteorologist. Every time I read one of you posts it takes me back to Earth and Ocean Sciences Classabout natural disasters. I guess because almost every time you answer a weather question someone is usually asking about the super storm of tomorrow.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
(I would drop a crazy reference but I have already forgotten almost everything I learned
)

Awww...dont...your making me blush...

Yeah the only problem is that my speciality is not forecasting, its more aviation, weather phenomenen and upper air meteorology then anything else.

Also, it gives people the impression that I am spreading disinfo..lol

[edit on 17/4/2008 by OzWeatherman]

[edit on 17/4/2008 by OzWeatherman]

new topics

top topics

join