It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear UFO Pic - Invercargill New Zealand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey guys.. I have been browsing for information about UFO activity in my home city and came across this picture below.

www.flickr.com...@N06/2311132416/sizes/o/

It was uploaded no so long ago and seems to be one of the clearest pictures I've seen in a while.

Anyways I was wonder what the experts of this forum think? Is it shopped or real?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by bjorn]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Uh, it looks like a street lamp....but im going to open it in photoshop

[edit on 16-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm thinking reflection in glass. Camera shooting through glass.

I'm seeing lots of pixels around the boarder of the object.

Thats MHO.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The picture was taken on the airport runway so no street lights

You can also see the planes back wing in the picture

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bjorn

Possible over head light in car (plane).. reflecting on car (plane) window when picture was taken. Thats what I think.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Yep, on the left side you can see a secondary reflection. That would be from the second pane in the double-thick aircraft window.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Uh, it looks like a street lamp....but im going to open it in photoshop

[edit on 16-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

I looked it up in paint and it looks like a cut and paste to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I've sent an U2U to Essan, an expert in meteorology/clouds and stuff like that.
I've made this closeup with some corrections (not retouched, just corrected) and imho there are clues that it *may* be a lenticular cloud hit by the sun, but i'm not sure, i'm not expert at all in stuff like this one.

I've noticed that someone (bjorn?) has already asked for a better res picture on flickr, let's wait and see

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I've noticed that someone (bjorn?) has already asked for a better res picture on flickr, let's wait and see

The problem is, EVERY pic hosted on Flickr is low resolution, barely postcard-size. Imageshack is a far better option for posting full resolution raw images.

Nice to see a UFO pic from my home country
, but like the others here, I think it is either a lamp or a reflection, or a crude copy-n-paste job.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by RiotComing]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I've sent an U2U to Essan, an expert in meteorology/clouds and stuff like that.
I've made this closeup with some corrections (not retouched, just corrected) and imho there are clues that it *may* be a lenticular cloud hit by the sun, but i'm not sure, i'm not expert at all in stuff like this one.

Its not a lenticular cloud. The sun is to far below the horizon to illuminate the height at which lenticular clouds occur at. The colour is also wrong, if it were being illuminated by the sun I would expect to see red, not yellow

I dont know what it is but its not a lenticular cloud or any other meteorological phenomenen I can think of

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Its not a lenticular cloud. The sun is to far below the horizon to illuminate the height at which lenticular clouds occur at. The colour is also wrong, if it were being illuminated by the sun I would expect to see red, not yellow

I dont know what it is but its not a lenticular cloud or any other meteorological phenomenen I can think of

Thanks OzWeatherman.

I know that you're expert too on this stuff.
Another possibility that came in mind is a sunset mirage :
but i have to say that its shape seems to be too sharp: i've found nothing that shows an exact match.

[edit on 17/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Lenticular cloud? Like these...

Wordpress

srobertsphoto

taskboy.com

nhmshop

Or like internos mentioned, a sunset mirage due to lensing effects of the atmosphere?

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Lenticular cloud? Like these...

srobertsphoto

Mike this pic posted by you shows the reason why i mentioned a lenticular cloud as POSSIBLE explanation:

I see similarities, but OzWeatherman ruled it out, and i know he's an expert. It's an intriguing pic, imho

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Tks for the U2U internos

I agree with Oz - definitely not a lenticular (or any other cloud) - the sun is too far below the horizon (based on the red glow in the clouds on the horizon) and the object also looks to be in front of the natural, darker, clouds.

I do think it's almost certainly a reflected light and that the picture was taken through a window. It reminds me of the "Cairngorm UFOs" which visit the Scottish Highlands every late autumn:

(actually a reflection of a ceiling light in the building in which the webcam that took this shot is located)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Fake..after adjusting curves and colors you can clearly see that it's been cut'n'pasted

www.esnips.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks for your post!

This rules out conclusively the lenticular cloud theory.
Definately interesting the reflection theory: the pic that you have posted seems to have been taken through a double layer glass.

Now it would be interesting to get the original image from the author:
i do see too the squared pixellation around the object...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OEAOHOO
Fake..after adjusting curves and colors you can clearly see that it's been cut'n'pasted

Yep! Good observation!
Cut n' paste! Here it is:

Courtesy: esnips.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think it's just an overhead [imbedded] reading light from inside the plane cabin.. probably across the aisle and a few rows away.

edit. i should've read the other posts that debunked it.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
After just a brief look and examination.. I first thought that this was one of the many "reflection-UFOs" that we have seen making the rounds..

But after a small bit of filtering in Photoshop, it seems like this may be just a simple "cut-n-paste" photo. All of the photo except "the UFO" exhibit the standard compression algorithm that most major media formats use.. But the "UFO" area exhibits a tighter grouping of pixels compared to the rest of the photo.

So now I lean towards this being a embellished photo...

Johnny

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bjorn

I guess what truly bothers me is that this was called a "Clear" photo of a UFO. You call this clear? I'm sorry, but I have seen many more ufo photos that were clearer than this fake or mistake. There is no detail available whatsoever and to me that is what makes for a clear shot.

Keep trying though, we love to look at ufo shots and guess if they are real or not. I tend to agree with most that this does not look real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join