It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deck Planning Help Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Mmmkay let's see if you all with photoshop experience or those of you who know where to find a program to help me design a deck for my sister.

The dimensions for the deck are going to be 10 feet wide by 25 feet long and it should be about 2 foot off the ground with a set of steps into the back yard.

I was also thinking a super sweet hot tub at one end of the deck and an awning.

Anyone out there know where I can find software to help me design this?

I got an idea in my head that would look seriously sweet but I would like to price it out and see what materials I would need in order to build this properly.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you live in the US, either Home Depot or Lowes will pretty much design it for you with a bill of materials at no charge I think.

There are deck design software out there that is free, but the names escape me.

You can always revert to pencil and paper. Rectangular decks are not real complicated. Try building a square around a circle:

I built that back in 1996.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I can follow a plan, Hmm perhaps Home Depot would work. I just hate going to those kinds of places.

BTW I see whare you were going with your above ground pool and that looks awesome.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Check this out!
They're called Deck blocks
these are for a floating deck system, very popular. And pretty easy to work with.
And all the items are available at the big Home Improvement places.

This site will help you plan it, price it, and build it.

www.deckplans.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Pretty cool spacedoubt, Ill have to check out if I can incorporate these into my idea.

Still looking for the planning software cause I want to put in lighting and a hot tub.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Keep looking through that website.. You can plan some of the simpler decks right on the website.
go to this page:
www.deckplans.com...
When you get it all laid out..You can print an "order form" for all the parts.

I have some other software at home..it was 10 bucks I think...I can get that info later, fo you..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Someone here at ATS turned me on to Google SketchUp. The software is free and very versatile and everything is 3D so you can rotate and turn it to see any view you want.

I've created some very detailed building mock-ups complete with floor plans, exterior views, and landscaping. I found the software easy to work with and got the results I was after.

See this thread for further information:

3D Architecture Software Wanted, Freeware Would Be A Bonus

top topics

join