It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-Sex Couples Could Create Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

For a religious person to accuse others of child abuse is pretty rich, given the staggering achievements of the faithul in that area.

Everyone has the right to be stupid but you're abusing the priviledge. Children are a poor man's riches. Who do you think takes care of all the orphans in the world? Atheists? No son that would be missionaries and Christian charities and orphanages. You haven't a leg to stand on son get a wheel chair. There are thousands of examples. That might be the peak of ignorance I have encountered at ATS. Congratulations!

========================================
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

Please keep it civil!

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Oh i am very educated. Just as you suggested therapy can "help" a gay person, i find it most interesting that the American Psychological Association has released a statement that stressed that “reparative therapy” is not benign and that it often has deleterious effects. According to the statement, “The potential risks of ‘reparative therapy’ are great, including depression, anxiety and self-destructive behavior, since therapist alignment with societal prejudices against homosexuality may reinforce self-hatred already experienced by the patient. Many patients... were inaccurately told that homosexuals are lonely, unhappy individuals who never achieve acceptance or satisfaction. The possibility that the person might achieve happiness and satisfying interpersonal relationships as a gay man or lesbian is not presented, nor are alternative approaches to dealing with the effects of societal stigmatization discussed... the APA opposes any treatment, such as ‘reparative’ or ‘conversion’ therapy which is based on the assumption that homosexuality per se is a mental disorder or based on a prior assumption that the patient should change his/her sexual orientation.”

You need to get educated friend, not me.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
To all you who quote god, I say If god didn't want us to do this it would not happen and he wouldn't of gave us enough brain power to begin to figure out DNA etc.

We already allow gays and lesbians to adopt children or they can have a child that's half theirs using someone else's egg or sperm.

There's plenty of terrible mom's and dad's that are heterosexual, so being a homo does not make one an automatic bad parent.

Seems some of you here are just plain old bigots, who just can't handle the possibility that they might make better parents than you. One thing for sure is they won't teach their kids to be bigots like you will yours. Thus, I would expect their kids to be able to deal with our diverse society better than yours.

The stupid argument that they will be picked on in school is just plain BS, as nobody has to tell anyone who their parents are, unless they choose too. Kids attack kids for wearing different clothes, being a different race, being fat, being stupid ect. And some never grow out of that as we see hear in this thread. I used to be like some of you , but I grew up.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
No virus or bacteria is capable of discerning a person's sexual orientation. Perhaps you're still holding on to the belief that illness is the result of witchcraft instead of microscopic organisms? Sorry, but that's not the case. You are the one who needs an education.

Oh, you could make the argument that sexually transmitted diseases spread faster in the gay community. This has more to do with the fact that the anus is slightly more capable of contracting and spreading certain diseases, due to a few things that we shouldn't get into here.

If that's what you were referring to, then you are not talking about "being gay." Being gay just means being attracted to people of the same sex. In that case, you should have said "acting on the gay desires that the devil makes everyone have."

Now, if you believe that homosexual relations are the result of following through with the sins we are all prone to commit because of the devil's temptations, I'm sorry to inform you but neither the devil nor anything else makes everyone have those desires. Therefor, if YOU have those desires, then it's because you are homosexual (or possibly bisexual) yourself. Not acting on it doesn't make it go away, and neither does lashing out at the people who do act on it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

Thank you, Jack, for your kind words.

Thousands of examples, indeed.

Taking care of orphans by raping them and beating them up. The Catholic Church has paid out, what? -- over a billion dollars in compensatory settlements so far. Doubtless there will be more to come.

Taking care of orphans by traumatizing them with the terror of judgement and hellfire.

Taking care of orphans by conditioning them to hate their own bodies and think of sex as something evil and filthy.

Taking care of orphans by teaching them to 'know their place'.

For your information, my mother was raised in a Roman Catholic orphanage. I have plenty of evidence of the abuse she suffered, not just from her testimony but from the all-too-visible effects of that abuse on her life and personality.

And what I have thus seen and heard for myself is amply borne out by the testimony of thousands of others -- much of it made in court, under oath. It seems that James Joyce was right when he charged that such abuse was the rule rather than the exception with children raised by Catholic religious.

Understand that it is not just Catholics who are guilty of tormenting and abusing children in this fashion. Other Christian sects do the same; other religions likewise. I live in a country where the majority are Buddhists, and sad little jokes about what senior monks to do prepubescent novices are very much part of the culture.

I could go on and on -- thousands of examples, oh, yes indeed -- but I think I have said enough to make the point. Religion, in this as in so many other things, has been helping itself liberally to the riches of the poor.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

inability to understand the nuclear family concept and plain of common values and attitudes that a MALE Father, and FEMALE mother bring.

Dang! So much for my long-held belief that there was a positive correlation between the 'colored bar' and intelligence.

If that sounded personal, let me paraphrase:

you are espousing some serious ignorance on the issue of family dynamics.

Let's set aside homosexual partners raising children for now. I guess we can infer from your CAPS LOCK key that single mothers and fathers are always doomed to failure as well eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Oh, you could make the argument that sexually transmitted diseases spread faster in the gay community. This has more to do with the fact that the anus is slightly more capable of contracting and spreading certain diseases,

Well women are actually more susceptible to contracting many STDs, because the vagina is a warm an moist environment, an ideal host.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I know its best for children to be raised by male and female married parents

It's funny when people who have never been married or had children say something like that.

As I also have not had children, I wouldn't make the bold claim that I know what's best.

However, there is countless cases of children being raised just dandy by gay partners. And some that are not. Same can be said for heterosexual parents. Same could be said for single parents.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think anyone should be able to 'create' children. This is nature's way of managing population. If we are being overpopulated, as some believe, then we we should leave things the way nature intended.. I don't care which 'minority' group you belong to. As a woman, I don't automatically assume that I will be able to bear children. That's the luck of the draw.

apc

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Mules can't breed for a reason.

Couples that can't breed share that reason. It doesn't matter if they're gay, straight and infertile, or whatever. Nature has decided their DNA should not combine, and I'm afraid that if people do it anyway they're going to find out why. It may take a generation or two, but all actions carry consequences.

Only if it becomes undeniable that the offspring of these unnatural conceptions will suffer should these actions be prohibited as it is the equivalent of pulling the trigger on a gun pointed at a baby. Otherwise, stupid is not illegal.

(btw, the notion that a child must have a mother and a father to be raised properly is a plain falsehood. Far less than half of all families are "traditional." A Leave it to Beaver life is simply a work of fiction.)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Simmilar to the whole abortion thing. If you don't like genetically engineered children, don't have one. Simple as that, leave the people that want to have kids but for whatever reason, be it infertility, or being gay, have children. It does not effect any of our lives in a negative way.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This might educate a lot of you who have problems with Homosexuals having kids. When we say it you don’t seem to get it.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Allow me to invoke the mantra of "live and let live" once more.

There is no reason to prevent gay people from doing whatever the hell they want to do. I dont care what they want to do, I dont care about the consequences of their actions unless it affects me, and my way of life.

As APC said above, the genetic consequences of such actions will soon unfold themselves whereupon nature will sort the issue out.

Before you consider a ban on gay reproduction, how about you consider a ban on stupid people reproducing. The consequence of those with an IQ below 80 reproducing is guaranteed to produce offspring that are equally stupid. Why do you not attempt to prohibit that as "child abuse"- ie bringing up a child that is mentally deficient.

Simple conclusion: It is not your place to decide who can and cannot reproduce. If it were up to me, I would rather allow a million gay people reproduce before I allow one 40 year old star wars fan to...

(Did I get away with that thinly veiled attack? Press 1 for applause, press 2 for warn... its over to you mods
)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience

Originally posted by jedimiller
this is disgusting. what would a gay people do this to eachother? A child need a male and female parent. period!

I sense projection. Projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. It is a common process that every person uses to some degree.

Those who project deny a part of themselves that may otherwise come to the surface. In this case, our poster cannot face his own feelings of disgust with himself (for whatever reason) and therefore is projecting them onto the hypothetical gay couple.

To simplify it - every time we insult someone or judge another person we are talking about ourselves. Not everyone will understand that - but it is true.

*yawn*

Awesome, I love propaganda.

Just like we all project our inner hidden pedophilia when we disagree with it. Its a stupid argument made for those who can't think for themselves.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Most guys think it's sexy when two females get together. I dislike it, it makes me puke. how is it ok for two woman to get together? it's not. Same way it's not acceptable for two men to get together. the point? have you seen those lesbian woman that get married? They look like beat up men coming out of a strip bar at 4 am. these woman don't deserve any respect or children. they should be send to a mental hospital and given medications. Yeah, I believe that doctors, psychologists can help gay people.

Ahhhh generalisations.......do not paint people with the same brush my friend.

You reek of homophobia. But i have to admit, it is hilarious to know people with your views still exist. You are the human version of a BETA tape cassette.

Practice what you preach hypocrite, you generalise through the crap you've been fed. You've listen to too much of this new age crap that claims to have the answer to "homophobia".

Oh quick, before you tar me with your own generalisations brush, I don't have a problem with homosexuality - I find it just as "hilarious" when you so-called one-track psychologists force your "facts" down peoples throats when their opinions happen to differ from your own politically correct, and self-righteous opinions.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

i find it most interesting that the American Psychological Association has released a statement....

The APA isn't one to lean on for using their frontal lobes for the betterment of society.
They were putting pedophilia on the same par with fetishism, (Just another preferrence!)
Psychiatric Association debates reclassifying pedophilia

Why would anyone INTENTIONALLY deny a child a father or mother!????

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

these woman don't deserve any respect

How very Human of you.

ALL life deserves respect.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I guess the homophobic an anti gay threads are becoming very popular lately, ATS is really getting hijacked by extremist after all.

Is nice to see the love for humanity in the name of the lord coming from this posters.

They have twisted the article beyond comprehension to fulfill the hate mongering agenda.

I am very amuse of reading their intentions, way of thinking and true colors of some here posting.

The hate exuding from some of this post is so thick is keeping them stuck together thread after thread featuring the same agenda.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
For anybody that had read the entire article rather than subscribing to the agenda of the title this is a brake in science after all.

But It will take 15 years to master.

Still could allow infertile couples to create their own genetically engineers children.

But when it comes to the artificial creation of human form in any away I am not sure I can agree with that.

Obviously this will bring problems to the genetic make over of the sperm and eggs and who is not to tell that some kind of genetic repercussions could affect the embryos.

Taking into consideration another topic discussed here about blind people wanting genetically engineer their children to be blind like them, this could be used no only by the same sex couples or infertile ones but also anybody will be able to have their own genetically altered artificial engineer embryos to fit their own genetic limitations and life style.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join