It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Ms. Pacman arcade has ghosts! Really!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you ever played Ms. Pacman in the arcades or at home, you'd know that the bad guys in the game are ghosts, Inky, Pinky, Clyde, and Sue. Of course, these ghosts aren't real. They're just pixels on the screen...

But here is a website claiming that a man in Boston has a Ms. Pacman arcade cabinet with a real ghost haunting it! Here is another article about this strange haunting, with a quote from the owner:

"When I bought this machine the previous owner told me it was haunted. I laughed, didn't believe him, because I didn't believe in that sort of thing.

Got a bad feeling the day it was delivered. Game started on its own in the middle of the night several times, had a tech service the machine three times (very pricy housecalls), but he couldn't find the problem.

Three-year old daughter started talking about the "man in the video machine", didn't think much of it, then my wife saw a dark figure move across the basement and into the machine. She ran out of the house, would not return until the machine was out of the house. I moved it to my business garage (two miles away), and several times I have opened the garage to find tools missing or scattered, things tipped over.

This is why I am giving away a $1000 machine for free."

Sorry guys, but the haunted Ms. Pacman has already been claimed by a guy on this forum. Haunted or not, a free Ms. Pacman cabinet is just too good to pass up.

Besides this story, the only other paranormal event involving arcade games that I've heard about is the Polybus game. Does anybody know of any more haunted video game stories?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Strange. I kinda don't know what to say but the ghost seems to have found the box as a base, like it can't really leave the area.

Wish that storekeeper would say more

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Whats Polybus??

i may be too young to remember or just totally missed it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Polybius was rumored to be an arcade game that was released in Portland, Oregon. Supposedly, it caused players to have nitemares, stress, and generally turn them insane. It was thought that the game was a mind control experiment by the CIA. Read more about it here.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
WOW that was friggin insane! i wonder if there are any copies available or if the game worked as a combination of flashing lights and colors with its music. it would be interesting to see the source code for the game and break it down to see if there are any hidden insights. but i doubt anyone would have a copy of it.

top topics

join