It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Daughter's True Love: Girl takes Six Bullets to Protect Her Mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

A Daughter's True Love:Girl takes Six Bullets to Protect Her Mother

abcnews.go.com

Fearing for her mother's life, Alexis bolted into the car's front seat, crying out, "Don't hurt my mother."

"Alexis jumped over the seat to try and save my life," Parker said.

Using her tiny body as a shield, Alexis blocked six gunshots from hitting her mother. The bullets pierced her right eye, chin, cheek, chest and jaw. When police arrived to the scene, they found Alexis in a pool of blood, curled beneath the steering wheel.

Parker also had been shot in the side of the head and the arm.

Both Parker and her daughter survived, though Alexis endured two painful months in the hospital and underwent six surgeries. Despite doctors' prediction that Alexis may never walk or talk again, Alexis is thriving.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/4/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just... wow...

It is amazing that this little girl is ok and recovering well. It is sad that she has to grow up in a world like this, however, i guess she can be a shining light that not all is lost in this world.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I agree... this news article is both heart-rending and heart-warming. It is terrible to see a small child shot or injured... but this little girl serves as an example of something that I have always believed in my heart of hearts;

Humanity is noble, and worth living.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

I certanly hope this child makes a full and meraculous recovery. Such bravery and herroism from a small one shows nobility and grace in the human species and it just warms my heart to see such self sacrafice still alive in humanity.

I again hope this child and her mother make a full and complete recovery.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
um...this is a story from at least 6 months ago. =) anyway, yes that little girl deserves whatever the hell she pleases for the rest of her life.

[edit]

ok the article says it happened in december. i guess they're just now reporting on it because they victims seem to be ok now.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by an0maly33]

new topics

top topics

join