It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net sites offer suicide methods, not help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is just another attempt at someone trying to get the internet regulated, which would RUIN it. The whole idea of the internet is the idea of free speech and in its current for is the perfect example of it. Just because you can find something on the internet doesn't mean someone is going to do it.

Lets see what you can find on the internet..
How to make.. nuclear bombs, pipe bombs, methamphetamine, bows and arrows, blow guns, growing your own pot, ripping off soda machines, and whatever else the new anti-social behavior is these days.

You can find the SAME information in BOOKS, so why is there such a stigma put on the internet? Because its accessible? Maybe if our society wasnt so lazy then in order to kill themselves they might have had to walk to borders book store to find an anatomy book listing the major arteries in the body.

Think of all the good things we also can find on the internet that without it we would be at the mercy of mainstream media and the governments control over it. Im sorry but free speech is free speech, and sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. If someone really wanted to kill themselves, and they needed to look up how to do it on the internet, then maybe they should - How stupid can one be? Sorry to be blunt, but its not rocket science.

I typed suicide methods in google and actually came to MANY more suicide prevention, and help websites before I could even find one that said anything about methods. I really hope stories like this dont become more common, because soon its not going to be suicide methods, its going to be how teen girls are looking up how to have sex. This is information people can find anywhere.

The internet is such a valuble tool in this day and age, it would be a shame to see it be censored. Actually, if the internet was censored, it would be ruined in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Makes sense to me. If someone is looking for methods of suicide, I would expect the internet to provide links to methods of suicide. Want help in not commiting suicide? Just google suicide prevention instead.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join