It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Prehistoric Mammoths now be Cloned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Can Prehistoric Mammoths now be Cloned?

www.russiatoday.ru

Russian scientists say they’ve managed to develop the most detailed picture ever of the insides of prehistoric animals. They made the discovery after studying a baby mammoth found immaculately preserved in the Yamalo-Nenets region in the Urals last year.

The scientists say it was crucial for the study of prehistoric life to pinpoint the exact location of the animal’s internal organs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hmmm, what do you think guys? The first clone of a prehistoric creature...Do you think it's possible? I would certainly pay money if to see this if they could pull it off! A real live mammoth, walking the earth again...

The scientists say it was crucial for the study of prehistoric life to pinpoint the exact location of the animal’s internal organs.

Some experts hope that the perfect condition in which the body of the mammoth was found could allow extricate intact DNA from his cells, and, as a result, clone the animal in future.

The 37,000 year-old baby mammoth was named ‘Lyuba’ after the wife of a nomadic reindeer tribesman who found it.

With its trunk still intact, eyes in place and small tufts of fur still on its skin, Lyuba looks more like a museum fake than an eye-witness to the Ice Age, though its tail is missing.

www.russiatoday.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Cool! I'd like to see it too, DD! Maybe they can.

But what if he gets mad at ya? Those tusks look pretty formidable!

Some Japanese scientists announced the same thing a couple yrs ago-

Wooly Mammoth Resurrection, "Jurassic Park" Planned

[edit on 4/12/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
How about cloning/resurrecting something a bit more sinister... something agressive, meat-eater... T-Rex or those smallish Raptors(?) as in Jurassic Park?

Of course that is with the idea of releasing them in D.C. Eat the rich!!

As far as a Mammoth, that would be awesome. Sadly, though, I could see them eventually being produced simply for sport. And I don't mean Mammoth races...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
So cool...

What would the diet be???

Where would they be realsed into the wild?
Far-Norther American and Norther Russia... mabye in the Himilayeas, and Alps...

This would be so great... if we could bring animals from extintion...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I would LOVE to hunt mammoth! Sign me up!

new topics

top topics

join