It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US protests ahead of Olympic torch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

US protests ahead of Olympic torch

uk.news.yahoo.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - Protesters angered over China's crackdown in Tibet marched in San Francisco ahead of the Olympic torch's arrival on Wednesday but Olympics chief Jacques Rogge said there are no plans to cut short the global torch relay.

The torch will be carried through the West coast city during the flame's only U.S. stop, but several hundred activists had already marched through its streets on the eve of the procession, many carrying Tibetan flags and signs and chanting "Shame on China"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^ That was the last time there was a protest about tibet in the USA - the police brutally put it down - and i can see the same thing being played out again , water cannon , batton charges and tear gas.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I thought the whole purpose to the Olympics was to abolish borders, and come together for FUN!!! Whatever happened to that?

I would even go so far as to say that it wasn't necessarily a series of games designed to abolish borders. But I would say that it was used as a way for all countries to come together to compete for fun, while at the same time making friends with those other nations that came.

In the end, it's all about peace-making.

TheBorg

join