It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditations for upgrading consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is actually a "side door" to the Working with Light thread that I posted earlier.

It's a very good course. I hope more people take advantage of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can only speculate as to why they are now offering their "course" for free and I am curious to find out what Logging in will find me.

Unlike Whitley Strieber, who Mac Tonnies of Posthuman Blues Blogspot characterizes as "a virtual pauper", with his subscription only Universal Meditation.

Or the cost of Madonna's kabbalah.

What I found out about this site is it is based on Sufism of which whirling Dervishes come to mind.

Or this Skewered Dervish from Paranormal.about.com

You could be put on the Government's watch list for joining this site, or am I just being paranoid?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlinhoot

Knowing what I know about the Sufis (and this man in particular), I was actually more surprised that there was a time when it was NOT free of charge.

Maybe they reckoned - accurately, I am sad to say - that money represents a certain value and therefore "reflects" its own value onto the object offered.

All I can say is, nobody who delves into Sufism will come out of the experience empty-handed.

No change of religion is necessary, it's actually quite the opposite: the Sufis strongly advocate finding God and "enlightenment" in the religion of the culture each one was born into (which is precisely why many of them have been persecuted themselves).

Anyone who is interested should read Henry Corbin's "Alone with the Alone: the Creative Imagination in the Sufism of Ibn 'Arabi", in Ralph Manheim's amazing translation.
(Or the original, of course: "L'Imagination Creatrice dans le Soufisme d'Ibn Arabi").

In my opinion, it's one of the greatest books of the 20th century.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You could be put on the Government's watch list for joining this site, or am I just being paranoid?

Sorry, didn't notice this earlier.

I wouldn't know about that - don't even think about it, as a matter of fact.

And besides, the USA government has no jurisdiction over me.
(I certainly hope not, for the sake of all of us!)

Anyway, they would have A LOT to "watch" by now, wouldn't they?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

This is actually a "side door" to the Working with Light thread that I posted earlier.

It's a very good course. I hope more people take advantage of it.

Thanks for that website, i'm gunna go through all the audio files. Great stuff

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I am glad that you find it useful.
If you persist, I think you will find it worth your while.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I am glad that you find it useful.
If you persist, I think you will find it worth your while.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Vanitas]

I just listened to about half the files
. Very enlightening stuff.. it helps to describe what you already may know, as well I've learned a couple new perspectives from it. Great stuff.

I imagine the course is free because the guy died 4 years ago, I think someone was wondering, i dont know.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Great!
As I said, all you have to do is to persist.
(It sounds deceptively simple; in fact, it's the one thing where people stumble: they simply give up.
)

Luckily, some of the very important "exercises" are very simple (like the "breathing light").

And if you can, do try and read that Corbin's book that I mentioned before.
(OK, maybe it's a bit too early; but do keep it in mind. :-))

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that the same man wrote a highly interesting reflexion on the "secret" of various arts, including music.
It's posted in the thread The Secret of Music, here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anything that persists to be enlightening is at the very least pointing people in the right direction.

I'm so complacent i'll overlook the nessecity for it to explain in intricate detail on how to meditate.

Always thought of seeking enlightenment as a social activity, as opposed to something you just researched and tried it out yourself.

God knows why.

edit; Maybe it's because once you start to feel lighter you want to share that feeling.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Throbber]

new topics

top topics

join