It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to OPEC: Stop oil sales in U.S. dollars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Iran to OPEC: Stop oil sales in U.S. dollars

www.rawstory.com

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is urging OPEC
members to form a joint bank and stop pricing oil trades in
U.S. dollars...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Don't know what to think about this, except, is he thinking he
can 'school' the world?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Personally, I would like to see sales continue in US dollars because I believe the next "world currency" will be the Israeli E-dollar.

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
...is he thinking he can 'school' the world?

If he is, he's going to have a lot of competition...

[edit on 7/4/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Isralie E-Dollar - no the next currency will be the Euro.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Its logically the correct step.
Mathematically the correct step,
MORALLY the correct step.

The US $ being used as a OIL Currency is choking the rest of the world.
The world is finding its feet away from the US realm of control, Effectivley, the rest of the world could join a oil trade system minus the US.

We, like every other nation now need to prove ourself humainly,, in order to be accepted.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yer' darn tootin' NPaul- Star!

Israeli E-Dollar could be a possibility, as well as the Amero!
Would love to hear your thoughts on the E-Dollar, never heard that before.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You are Sooo right, Agit8d; Star!

The rest of the world ISss starting to see through the transparency of our
currency, and standing on their own feet more! If they "oil us" out of the
loop, i guess we'd be off to Alaska, to start drilling!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the OPEC members discussed just that a short while ago, much to the horror and indignation of the US administration.
It's not like Iran is trying to pressure the OPEC members or threaten them in any way as the members already see the writing on the wall and will do what is needed to protect their own positions.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Star! Britguy!

I sorta got that 'Secret Squirrel' chuckle goin', at the thought of something
that horrifies the admin!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This talk has been going on for a few years now.

OPEC said it is considering, but no change will happen for atleast a decade. Majority of the members want a pan-Arab single currency

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The zionist regime in Washington must be brought to a fall, the sooner the better. If OPEC boykott of dollar currency can speed up this process, honour to Ahmadinejad!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

erm...Zionist? please tell me you don't believe the ZOG theory

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by ergoli

erm...Zionist? please tell me you don't believe the ZOG theory

With respect to the middle east, "american" and israeli foreign policy coincide. What's so far fetched about calling american foreign policy zionist ? Many far-righters non-jews in the USA call themselves zionists and the US policy does everything to support zionist war crimes, crimes against humanity, and land theft. If two behaviours indeed seem so close one to each other, why not call them identical? Also, many drumbeaters to the Iraq war like Perle, Wolfowitz, Jack Straw, Thomas Friedman are zionist jews. Only a coincidence ?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Cant read much else into this apart from Ahmadinejad must be feeling rather suicidal to make such a statement.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

far from it - the USD is allready being dumped around the world in favour of local , then basket currencies - the petro-dollar hegemony IS coming to an end, and its leaders are now using wars to try and prop it up - we WILL see the use of nukes , but the end result will be the same - the USA will be ended as we know it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

I'm not a Zionist, but I believe firmly in Israel's right to exist, and its right to self defense. They're also the only western style democracy in a region where little has changed in governance/ideologies since the Crusades.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by 44soulslayer

far from it - the USD is allready being dumped around the world in favour of local , then basket currencies - the petro-dollar hegemony IS coming to an end, and its leaders are now using wars to try and prop it up - we WILL see the use of nukes , but the end result will be the same - the USA will be ended as we know it.

We'll see how China allows that since theyre sitting on mountains of US currency...

China, Japan, India... theyre all harbouring trillions of USD in their reserves. They wont be keen on allowing the switch, and since theyre amongst the top 5 largest economies of the world...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
its not quite like that - they are sitting on US debt bonds - which they are quietly dumping

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good Thread FRIGHTENER! Starred and flagged...

This is something to keep a close eye on, as not only Iran is saying this type of stuff, the saudi's have been contemplating it as well, and Venezuela and Mexico are already trading in different currencies...I hope this doesn't cause us all further ills, gas is already a nightmare, with no end to the escalation in sight..,

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm afraid we're going to take a beating no matter which way it goes. Count on paying more at the pumps and in the grocery stores before the year is over..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join