It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper guarding SC governor reassigned after video shows him punching suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Trooper guarding SC governor reassigned after video shows him punching suspect

rawstory.com

Over the last month, the South Carolina State Highway Patrol has been embroiled in controversy after videos taken from police dashboard cameras showed two different state troopers using their patrol cars to chase and even hit fleeing suspects.

Now three new dashboard videos have been released, and one of them has already proven embarrassing to the governor.

One video shows a trooper kicking a suspect repeatedly in the head, while a second shows a trooper hitting a man with the barrel of a shotgun while he is pinned on the ground.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The background to this was a high speed chase, and the video shows the suspect struggling violently.

That said, the troopers reaction seems excessive to me - restraining should not mean beating the hell out of someone when they are on the ground and to all intents and purposes, already restrained.

The second link is even more disturbing and shows officers RAMMING fleeing suspects with their vehicles - one officer is heard to brag about how the suspect flew through the air.

I realise and understand that police do a difficult and often dangerous job, but IMO that doesn't excuse this behaviour.

There are other videos, apparently of the same force, showing suspects being hit with shotgun butts, and being KICKED repeatedly in the head.

The police in SC look in need of some extra training in how to use some personal restraint.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't support all police violence. But if i just chased a violent offender through my city . Past all the kids ect that i know . I would probably take a few swipes at him .
With that said .

Some of the stuff is over the top . They have legal ways of inflicting pain during an arrest . They should stick to the good o'l arm twist, knee in the neck act. We have all probably been there . And depending on our actions can probably live with those things .

Hell i would rather get a pop in the mouth than maced/tasered. I don't know if anyone here has been watching "Cops" but they have been tasering just about anyone they can . Without even trying regular restraint technique's that have worked just fine for the last 100+ years.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for the thread.

join