It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's Sadr Calls for Million-Strong March Against U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Iraq's Sadr Calls for Million-Strong March Against U.S.

www.reuters.com

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr called on Thursday for a million Iraqis to march against U.S. "occupiers", threatening a massive show of strength a week after his Mehdi Army militia battled U.S. and government troops.

The government said it would not try to block the April 9 march if it was peaceful, though Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, who ordered a crackdown on militia in the southern city of Basra last week, threatened more strikes against Sadr's strongholds.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Eesh...Peaceful or not, this could be disastrous for our troops. They are already sitting ducks, getting a million people together who are already pissed off, could be potentially a bomb waiting to explode IMO.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If I were a US soldier in Iraq, I sure wouldn't be looking forward to it. When you put that many people together, you know there will be trouble of some kind.

It'd be awesome to see, but I doubt we'll get to..

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh ya... lets clump them all together, wouldn't even have to aim.. just point in the general direction and pull the trigger. Sounds like a bad plan for survival if you ask me. I also wouldn't put it past Sadr to stage a massacre and blame it on the U.S.

Do these people even have a choice anymore? If they don't follow Sadr... they don't get food and are tossed out of a safe place where they will probably get shot by their own or one of us.

My heart aches for these poor people. They are in between a rock and a hard place.

new topics

top topics

join