It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elephant Paints Self Portrait

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Looks like the elephant's girlfriend

Well, that was amazing, I didn't know that elephants can perceive the 3-D aspects.

ELEPHANTS CAN DRAW BETTER THAN ME! WHAT HATH THE WORLD COME TO?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I loved this video, i teared up a bit. and posted it on myspace

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder if it does landscapes too.

Or if it's been painting the same picture over and over and over and over and over again all it's life, maybe it's brother does the landscapes and mum is doing the abstracts.?

Seemed like a production line and those painings would go for a pretty song wouldn't they, nice little earner...let's hope the elephants get all the cream buns they can eat.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

That's very entertaining. Thanks for sharing that video. I don't know any humans, who actually know wild or well-trained animals have emotions, but all of them have feelings.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

How do you define child abuse? 

Feeding a child a hamburger is not child abuse lol. It could be considered saving someones life from another perspective. Heck you could say that everytime you feed your child, you are saving them from starvation.

90% of Americans are abusing their children according to you.

I would actually agree that about that number are making big mistakes in their child's development... but come on... abuse?

When you sensationalize and dramatize like that, nobody will take you seriously. Except other "drama queens".

If I was in a dramatic mood I could have made a decent argument that you are actually insulting and harming the cause of actual child abuse when you try to associate it with less harmful behaviors because now when someone talks about child abuse, other people might just assume they are talking about something that is more on the level of feeding hamburgers to kids so it's not really a big deal and we should just not pay any attention.

What you're doing is a known thing and it is frowned upon.

And I actually mostly agree with most of your cause.

There are better ways to advance it without using exaggeration which is basically just a form of deception. I get that you are passionate about it but the facts alone should be enough without the unnecessary fatty caloric GMO toppings of deciet and trickery.

Anyway I originally wanted to reply to you about this other post you made:

I share your sentiments but you're suggesting something fatal here. 

By suggesting this thread be closed you're really just closing an opportunity for someone to come into this thread and read about how some elephants are abused to create art, and other things. 

What if they saw this video on YouTube alone? They probably wouldn't infer from watching it that there was 'more to the story'. That's what ATS is for, and what denying ignorance is about. If the thread is closed, so is the opportunity for someone to learn about elephant abuse. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, is not going to facilitate change. Denying ignorance is the first step. 

This is true because I myself was not aware that there was abuse behind these paintings. I suppose I never really stopped to think about it and I'm a tad ashamed that I didn't, but extremely grateful for the existence of this thread for bringing this into my awareness.

I wish humans could be like the pictures of Jesus where he surrounded by animals who are not afraid of him, like deer, birds, squirrels, rabbits.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join