It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean endorses John McCain???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Did Howard Dean endorse John McCain for Commander in Chief?
Could be!

In March 2004 Howard Dean, Chairman of the DNC, said this –

“The real issue is this, who would you rather have in charge of the defense of the United States of America, a group of people who never served a day overseas in their life, or a guy who served his country honorably and has three Purple Hearts and a Silver Star on the battlefields of Vietnam?”

Of course, at that time he was out trying to sell the democrat - John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - to the American public to be Commander in Chief.

Let’s see if we can do the math as Howard Dean requested in March 2004 -

Hillary Rodham Clinton – military service = 0
Barack Hussain Obama – military service = 0

John Sidney McCain – military service = Naval Pilot and Vietnam War hero. Awards include the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and Distinguished Cross.

John McCain - The son and grandson of admirals

Of course now that a republican is running for POTUS and he has an impressive military service record, Dean says the ‘real issue’ is now this - "While we honor McCain's military service, the fact is Americans want a real leader who offers real solutions, not a blatant opportunist who doesn't understand the economy and is promising to keep our troops in Iraq for 100 years.”

Memo to Dean – Being proud of serving this country in the military and of having an unquestionably great service record isn’t ‘blatant opportunism’. It’s a fact. John McCain has every right to be proud of loving his country more than himself. It’s a rare quality. And as far as opportunists running who are not offering ‘real solutions’ – ya’ best take a look at the ‘hope and change’ rhetoric as well as the economic thoughts of Barack Obama … yikes!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Clearly Dean MisSpoke....

WHat he meant to say was that The color of ones skin, or what sex they are takes precident over ANY military service....

I am sure if you asked him to claiify... and tell you ^

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ooops!

Time for Dean to get out the "way-back" machine and restate his opinion of McCain. Calling Marty McFly!

In the meantime. The real issues fade to obscurity.
I mean the REAL, real issues.

The economy. Get a grip on that first. Get OUR house in order. the other things can fall into place, much more easily.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I only heard this once and that was yesterday on Fox News. No one else has called Dean on this ... at least not that I've seen. I'm sure MSNBC won't. They've chosen Obama as their fella.

Dean REALLY should be called on this ...

new topics

top topics

join