It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

I took the camera back home this morning, told my hubby about it not working, he picked it up and turned it on, snapped a picture of me and said 'well it's working now'. I can't believe it. I brought it back with me tonight, it won't work. It won't stay turned on. It comes on and turns off. Last week we had a photographer who stayed with us while doing a pictorial at a local college, she took a picture of the clouds that day, she said they looked ominous and she wanted to capture that. The picture she took made the outside of the hotel look like mold or something black was all over it, like it was dripping down the whole 5 stories and down the sides. It's not there. The hotel is painted a nice camel color, camel and white. No black mold or dirt of any kind is running down the walls. I am wiating for her to send me a copy of that picture via email. Ony reason she and I talked was that she came up at about 4 in the morning, started talking telling me at first that she just couldn't sleep. After a conversation about a picture she took at the college that came up with some anomolies ( a whole nother story!) she told me that she 'didn't mean to scare me, since I work alone at night here, but' she said she had the woolies in here, that she kept hearing voices in her room and thought she saw someone in the window, she was on the 3rd floor, no one could possibly get to the outside of that window, and this is not the first time someone has told me that same thing, I think I may have already written about it here. So she pulled out this picture she made here, and said it bothered her that she couldn't figure out what caused the black stuff to appear on the building and put that together with what she is hearing and seeing and told me she thinks this building is haunted. Imagine that.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Ohh! Ohh! Ohh! I really wish I had the cash for the to stay at the hotel and the cost of ticket to get there. If I was really rich! I would buy the hotel and turn it into 'Paranormal Hotel'.

Thank You for posting ALL of the Information AND the pictures from the Hotel, Space Cadet.

You are one of the reasons why I can NOT stop login'onto ATS.

Ohh! The 'black stuff' could be from the bloody violence of the many deaths, like from the battles and murders that happened in the same land area as the Hotel. It is good to know that the Spirits are not 'evilish' towards the guests that stay and to the staff that work there.

You could always try the old' testing thing...Place a cat in the room and if the cat runs away, then you know the room(s) is haunted.

AND THANK YOU for posting! Post more! Post more! I need more popcorn.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What happened to space? She hasn't posted anything for a while. And why hasn't she posted any pictures of herself? (--- Conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Funny you would mention bringing a cat in. About 3 or 4 months ago there was a kitten, just a tiny little thing, I found it stuck in one of the bushes out front. Kept hearing it meow over and over, I kept looking and there it was stuck high in a shrubery. I got it and brought it in, set it in a box behind the front desk while I went over to get it some milk from the breakfast area, when I came back it was at the front doors. Now we didn't have the security doors yet, so it wouldn't open automatically, but the cat was pawing at the doors, it wanted out! I tried to get it to take some milk but it just wanted out. A customer was coming through the front door and when he opened it the cat shot out. It got back in the bush. I was trying to get it back out of the bush when I fell, for no good reason, just fell in the lot, and hurt my ankle. The cat jumped down and ran off. Last I saw of it.

To answer the poster about why I haven't posted much, I debated for a while whether to post any more at all, but I will continue to do so, I feel ok about it right now, but I have not been working full time lately, I was in an accident, believe it or not, I was hit by a car in the parking lot here, while watching fireworks, and my therapy has caused me to miss a lot of work. I am back now but recently our hours were cut, business is slow, but when it is slow and quiet around here, that seems to be the active times. Sometimes I just get so scared about things I see and hear, I am afraid to do anything but watch, because it seems to me that sometimes when I write here about what I am experiencing things tend to intensify. I have had many nights when I am just terrified, I will call my hubby, who is at another hotel, same shift, and keep him on the line while I go to certain areas that I have to go into, like the breakfast area, which is the old bar, I always feel watched in there, but I have also had touches, brushing up against me, shadows on the wall that are not mine, ect., and I am just afraid that if I run straight back to the computer and tell about it, it will get scarier. That may not make sense to you, but it is just fear, I am a woman, alone, experiencing some things that should run me out the front door, but my curiosity and desire to share it keep me coming back. I will be back on Thursday night, ( again, my hours are cut, I only have 4 nights now).

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thanks very much space cadet for taking the time to share your stories with us. I've read the entire thread and have been deeply enthralled by your posts. Almost feels like I'm there with you. Must be quite scary and I'm grateful you spend the time and have the courage to share these experiences. I'm sorry to hear you were in an accident and I give my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Don't feel pressured by other members to do things your not comfortable doing, we are just grateful for the awesome stuff you've shared with us already.

Stay safe

Toasty.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Space cadet. I know the hours got cut, but couldn't your husband work in the same Hotel as you to keep you safe? And I do hope that you do get better.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

My husband works for another hotel here in town, different company. He makes more per hour than I do, plus insurance. He happens to work the same nights I do, so I call on him, it feels better just having him on the line.

It is just after 2:00 am, and it just went freezing in here. One minute it was warm and comfy, all of the sudden it is so cold, I have put my coat on, and turned the heat up, but I suspect something just came into the area.

I walked down to the side doors to check, I am watching on camera and haven't seen anyone open any door, not even in the last 2 hours. But I checked them anyway. I will come back and let you all know if anything happens.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
230am, the chandelier lights are surging, and the cameras have gone out, this could be the result of high winds we are having here tonight, at least that is the explaination I am going with for now. There are only 15 people in the hotel tonight, not including employees that stay here. It doesn't happen often, but there is one floor with only one room occupied, it is the 3rd floor. They are in room 318, I don't know if I told about it before or not, but there was a guy who came in late one night for a room, he said he didn't want any calls and asked that we not tell anyone he was here. We call that no id no calls. Anyway just after he checked in a couple of rough looking guys, an older white guy and an older black guy, asking if a guy just came in an got a room. They described what he looked like, and it matched exactly the guy who had just come in. They said they dropped him off here, and that he had left his wallet in their car, so I picked up the phone and dialed his room, and didn't get an answer. They asked me to try again, I volunteered to give the wallet to the guy, but they kept asking me to call the room again and again, and then told me that they had found a large amount of money in his wallet, and a small bag of coc aine, and they didn't want to leave that with the front desk, so keep trying to call the room. I think they were just trying to figure out what room number I was dialing. They finally left, and as they did I grabbed a cig and went out, I tryed to get a tag# or make, it was pretty generic, a white work van, and I couldn't get a tag. Anyway I came back in and was on the computer when I saw them walking out the back door of the hotel. Next day the guy didn't come up to check out, so the management went up, they said it didn't look like anyone had even been in the room, except cigarette butts in a cup of water sitting on the dresser. I kept thinking these guys did something to him, just a gut feeling I got from the chain of events, and looked on camera at that door, 318, and started noticing a shadow of what looks like a person, going in the door, over and over. The outline was perfect, and it just looked like a black shadow of a man. I showed this to 2 other workers here, one blew it off and the other said they could see exactly what I was seeing. For a while you could look anytime at the camera on that floor, and you would see it. It doesn't show up anymore, and I am glad, I hope that means that he was found, or for whatever reason he doesn't want to be here anymore. That was my first thought anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you are doing ok......
I was looking at the pictures you posted and the first one, to me, it looks like your finger got in front of the lens. If what you have is a digital camera, it will be good to take two pictures back to back just to rule out any possible issues......just my 2 cents anyway.

Stay warm.....

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cooper1

Thanks cooper
, and I am doing better. It was a hit and run, but several witnesses got her tag number, you really couldn't miss the car, it was a Mary Kay Cosmetics car, with big ole phone numbers posted on it and the drivers name was on the police report, I guess they already talked to her and know she is the one who did it. I had to go get an attorney though, I had gotten notice that I was about to be garnisheed for medical bills, and still needed treatment. I think it will all get paid for though, and then some.

My camera wasn't working for me to take more than one shot,the batteries kept dying. I have told 'Santa' that I want one for christmas, maybe if it is not in the budget I can at least get one of those throw away kind.

It is so quite in here right now and the winds are blowing hard, I hate that creepy sound of the wind rushing between the buildings here! I still haven't seen or heard anything else tonight, if I do I will report it here.

edit to add= When I mention only getting one shot off the cmaera, I mean I got one shot per set of batteries. It would let me take one picture, then the batteries were dead. Until I got back to the house, then the same last set of batteries was in it and my hubby checked it, it worked. I brought it back with me, and it won't work again.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Well wow this is an extremely interesting thread. You were talking about a short story you were writing about some dreams you had? Well I would love to read it. I came upon this thread in the recent posts section about two hours ago and have been reading all the way through since.

Firstly I agree with someone who talked about the (wise old) lady that told him

'If you tell it to leave it will'

I was told this when I was younger by an Aunt of mine and have found that it works, but of course you are too interested to tell it leave, right? But I still think you should talk to it and be stern and forward. If you are setting up in the breakfast room early in the morning and you feel its presence you should acknowledge it and ask that it stop playing games with you. My boyfriend thinks it's just bored LOL.

Another thing I noticed is that the entity seems to be attracted to women, which makes since if it is the previous owners druggy son. I noticed that the maid was bothered in room 129 but you didn't mention bus drivers being bothered. Also that couple the woman felt someone was watching her but the husband didn't feel that he was being watched. And also how it is targeting you.

I have a friend who works in an old appeals court. She told me a story of a "nice spirit" that haunted there and basically every once in a while when someone was walking up to the elevator with their hands full the elevator doors would open for them. But at some time they put new elevators in and that stopped happening.

This reminds me of the man that posted on your thread saying that he was remodeling a nine story hotel and some sort of expensive splitters kept coming up missing so he stayed the night and when it happened again he addressed the ghost saying that if it didn't stop he would have the whole hotel demolished and rebuilt. Then he told us that the disappearances stopped.

Well those two stories lead me to believe that the destruction of a physical place is a very valid threat to these entities and that they are somehow connected/tied to these physical buildings, and that is why they can have such a great influence/power their.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Spacecadet:

Please please please find someone with a video camera....anyone...anybody...everything that is happening there...seems like the perfect opportunity for you to leave a video camera running while you leave the room...I would love...yes LOVE to work at a place like this...infact...let me check my local downtown hotels to see if they need a 3rd shift person...cause I would have so much fun trying to capture stuff...with cameras...recorders and such...I think you have a perfect opportunity to turn this horrific experience into a full scale documentary of a truly haunted hotel. So yeah...please please find someone who will let you borrow their digital video camera...and just keep it with you...turn it on...place it on a table somewhere covering the room and then do your routine...I'm sure you'll be surprised at the things you capture...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is an amazing story. However, until you can provide some sort of evidence it is just that, a story.

You took a picture and there was "something hazy" in the lower left corner...which is your finger. That's not evidence. I have trouble believing that all the things you're seeing are just single serving; that you'll see them on video, which is an actual feed picked up from a video camera, but upon reviewing the same video feed, they're not there.

Seeing things from the corner of your eye is great. I see them all the time. Like you, when i turn my full vision in the anomolies direction it's gone. It's your peripheral vision playing tricks on you. Take a look at this link. It explains everything.
Most hotels have some kind of tacky wallpaper, fake stucco'd walls, etc. Could it be the pattern there that's tricking your vision into thinking it sees motion, or sees...something?
I can't explain your other happenings there...lights turning off, things moving, things falling. Could you be stretching the truth a bit? Could you have your mind made up that there's a haunting there? So much so, that you're making these things happen...in your own personal reality?

And yes...this does reak of the movie 1408. I'm sorry.

This is a great story. I was excited when you said you lived in Civil War country, as I live in Virginia...hoping you were closer to me so that I could come stay in your hotel, stay in room 129. It's unfortunate you're so far away

Don't get me wrong...i would love to believe this is true, but there's simply too much data here; too much happening on a regular basis for it to be true.

Please prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

look I really dont think that she created this thread to try and prove to you that something is happening. Either you believe it or you don't, and if you don't just take it as a nice little story and don't be so rude and close minded.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

look I really dont think that she created this thread to try and prove to you that something is happening. Either you believe it or you don't, and if you don't just take it as a nice little story and don't be so rude and close minded.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I do understand that is may be just a story to some, but I AM a hotel auditor, I don't make the kind of money it would take to run out and purchase a new digital camera, I was thinking I could get a one use one or something like that, I will check in to it. I have been trying to get another camera to use, not many people want to turn loose of theirs. My nephew promised me I can use his, but getting together with him working opposite shifts is amazingly hard to do. I am working on it though.

I came on to tell you all about the elevators tonight. I had to go get ice for the milk containers, the nearest machine is on this floor but is very close to room 129, so I do hate to go down there but sometimes I have to. So I pass the elevators and notice that there is a banging sound, it seems to be coming from the maintenance room beside the elevators. I used my handset to contact the maintenance guy who lives here on the 5th floor, he said he would be on his way. I started to walk on past the elevators when they both at the same time opened the doors. Tony, the maintenance guy, calls me back and said the elevators wouldn't come back to the 5th, and I am standing there looking at both doors open and the banging was getting louder. He hung up and came down the stairs, when he got to me and the elevators he pulled a key to go into that little room, and the banging stopped. He went in and saw nothing in there that could have been causing the sound, but by gosh he heard it too! The elevator doors closed and they are working fine now. I thought I had been hearing a banging sound most of the night, my niece came up here at about 100am because of some crazy stuff at her house, they were almost broken into while at home, and her and her boyfriend heard it too. No banging now though. Oh well, I am about to get off, I will be back tonight. Just wanted to tell you all about this, it was creepy and there really isn't an explaination for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Space Cadet do you think this is an intelligent haunting? As in a sentient being that does this stuff? Since the activity seems to change and seems reactive (i.e. banging, and the elevator doors being open while you are there, it could be).

Have you thought about talking to it? If activity starts again maybe you should try that. Example, when both elevators were open in front of you, you could ask it to send the right elevator up to get the maintenance man.

Seriously I would try to talk to it. If it is sentient and you respond to it I doubt if things would get worse, in fact I would bet you could ask it to lay off at those times when you are alone and such. Just because it is non-corporal doesn't mean it is bad or stupid. And it isn't like you have to worry about attracting it, it is already there!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It's unusally quite here tonight, I told the first shift worker about the banging and the doors, her name is Patty, she is our senior employee, Patty is 68 years old and has worked in hotels for 20+ years. I really haven't ever mentioned to Patty about the things going on here, she knows about 129 because pretty much everyone here has had an experience with that room, day workers included, and I wasn't leaning toward something paranormal when I mentioned it to Patty, but she kept her wise demeanor and just stated that it is most likely the ghosts in here. I didn't say anything right away and Patty said 'you know it's haunted in here don't you?' . I must have looked sick right then cause she asked me if I was ok, and apologized for saying that, she said 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, you are here all night by yourself' , but I told her it was ok, that it kind of stunned me that she said that, and that I was interested in what was going on even if it scares me, and she starts telling me that she worked here on 3rd, 18 years ago, she talked about cold spots, lights going off and on, BANGING sounds down at the elevator,voices, she said that happens even in the daytime now, she told me that back then the bar was open and going strong, and every night there would be a real bad fight , at least one or more. Of course people get drunk and fight at bars, but Patty said she always felt like it was because of negativity here, left behind from the civil war days. One of the same things I have found out is a part of the history of this particular piece of land, while trying to find out what is going on here myself. She said all of what she has seen and heard here was pretty harmless, but eventually led to her leaving this job for another hotel. She wound up back in this building 6 years ago, she runs our first shift.

I have had my ususal shadows following me tonight through the breakfast area, it is like after I have completely crossed the room, a big shadow crosses the wall. Always freaks me out. And I always, that first trip across the room to hit the lights, feel like someone is directly behind me. I got the you-know-what scared out of me coming out of the room tonight though, not a ghost, apparently this homeless guy had been in the bathroom all night, he must have come in during 2nd shift and just stayed in the bathroom, I went to come out of the breakfast room to put coffee in the stands and he stepped around the corner, I just about had a heart attack!!!! I dropped one of the thermoses, and he just started apoligizing for scaring me, I near yelled at him to leave, he took off. This is not something you want to run in to in any hotel in the wee morning hours, a big black guy in a hoodie coming out of an area where no one should be, but in a hotel like this one, it's REALLY not a good idea!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Space Cadet, atleast you have Patty to keep you company. Yeah, Ghosts-Spirits were once people too, just ask the 'spirit' to 'please go away, you are scareig me'. If the Spirit understands then everything should be ok.

(Hugs to you Space Cadet) Keep on posting. I really enjoy viewing your thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungBlood

Did I say "you need to prove to me that this is actually happening"? I don't believe I did...

What I'm saying is that this is a great story. But until there is some proof, pictures, sounds, video...something, this is just a story.

Anyone can come on here and say they've got whatever happening. No proof, nothing. You people buy it hook, line and sinker. It's sad.

I also don't think there was anything rude in my previous post. I enjoy this story, I'd just like to see some proof. There are all these things going on, night after night. You'd think there'd be an opportunity to catch some sort of evidence, wouldn't you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join