It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love a Parade!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I just wanted to say that.

Anyone with me?

A big shoutout to all the Parade fanatics on BTS
:w:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm with ya!!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is what I spent high school doing:

Harder than it looks.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Me too!!

I still suffer from neck pain on occasion that I'm sure is the result of carrying and playing a Baritone Sax on a 5mi Cotton Bowl Parade.

I also paraded and marched in halftime shows with a tenor for all four years of my undergrad work. I could have never afforded college if it hadn't of been for my music scholarship.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ooh!...ooh!...me, too!...I love a parade, too!...
ooh...I remember that cartoon.

Ahhh, never marched in one, like you guys have.

I love to watch NY St. Patrick's Day parade, the Philadelphia Mummer's parade, and my favorite, The Rose Parade from Pasadena...sigh...
I love any small town parade, too...oh, yeah, and then there's the Doo Dah parade, also from Pasadena...

Ok, my dream would be to see the Carnivale parades in Rio...samba samba

Thanks, Badge! Go Whaaa!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Trombone. Marching, Half-time, and Concert band, Jr & Sr high.

Only did 1.5 years of it in college. Surprisingly the band program was a shadow of the quality of our HS. Thus, I lost interest second year.

But it was a great ride and because of it we got to do a fair amount of traveling.

Back to parades, here's a good one:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that one! But, thanks, Badge, now I can't get that music out of my head...here, maybe twisting my finger in my ear...oh, no, I shoved it in further...

Ok, how could I forget the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade! Also, when I was a kid on the west coast, I always watched a parade from Detroit on Turkey Day, too. What a day!

Ok, ok, there's the Hollywood Lane Parade! We would watch the actors and actresses and other notables drive by atop the back or in their Cadillacs, all the while my parents making remarks about the drunk movie stars. George Putnam! He rode the horse decked out in fancy silver saddle.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've been in a few parades in my day. Mostly before and during my stint in the U.S. Army. So nothing too spectacular. Best Parade I was in, though, was when I was in the Boy Scouts and was THE number two guy in line, right behind the one holding the Flag. It was during the Memorial Day Parade in Schoharie, the little town in NY that I grew up in. Had to be just about forty years ago now. Makes me feel old in a way. Or at least 'life experienced.'

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You reminded me. I forgot my town's Veteran's Day parade, complete with moment of silence and jet flyover. Of course, the Shriners show up, with their tiny cars and assorted clowns. I remember one year their Temple showed up with a giant camel float; the male camel had huge coconuts dangling in the appropriate place, drawing out a few chuckles.
You know, I remember as a kid watching a parade with the Marine Corps precision drill team participating, slinging those rifles around with such grace, ease and accuracy. My younger sister and I went home, dug out our air rifle and a 2x4 and set out to practice the same. All went well until we got to the point of tossing then to each other. Bad idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok, this is not exactly Macy's Day Parade
but it's ours!:w:

This is the Sheriff of Nye County Tony DeMeo. He always walks the parade route. He's waving at us. I don't know who that guy is in the red coat.

Black Bart below the Sheriff's worst enemy.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm not overly crazy about parades. It could be that the ones
around here consist mainly of fire trucks and local high school bands.

I do like Disney's Electrical Parade. That had wow factor!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Neat parade pix. Fun.
Ok, my husband spent some of his childhood years in Hawaii, and he remembers the Chinese holiday parades, complete with the tiger, dragon, and huge bundles of firecrackers. Deafening.

top topics

join