It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida School Security Officer Tasers 11-Year-Old Girl

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The problem here is that people will not police their own,if someone is acting out,and trying to actually hurt someone,their friends and other people around should try to correct the behaviour before a rent a cop,real cop,OR OTHER OFFICIAL POSER ASSHOLE even needs to get involved.
What ever happened to people who are willing and able to see something wrong,and take the initiative to correct it themselves?,as a nation we have become a bunch of halfwit chicken# losers,who rely on cops,and other people,who really don't give a damn about anything but a paycheck to take care of our problems.
You are responsible for this.
YOU

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
And of course it happened in florida,losing by example as usual,it is utterly rediculous what these idiots down here are willing to accept as appropriate behaviour.
I have never experienced such a corrupt and dysfunctional place as this,polluted,poorly planned,and for the most part unmaintained.Anyone who would be proud to be from a place such as this must be very inexperienced,or just asleep,maybe drunk....from what I can see it is more than likely drunk.....
I live here and cannot believe what people are willing to accept.
This place has no soul

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So the girl tried to push another student into oncoming traffic and then ignored staff...I'm glad she was tasered...maybe she'll think twice before trying to kill someone

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Stepping aside from the normal Fascist Police State vs Dont Generalise all enforcement personnel arguments that flourish lets look at this individual case. There is a lot suggestion but no real detail in this article.

The girl was suspected, not caught, pushing another student into on coming traffic. Maybe its the American - Anglo divide but when i read student it brings to mind very different ideas compared to if i read pupil or child. Where is the school, does on coming traffic mean a four lane main road or a leafy suburb? Hudepohl was then treated for a possible broken nose, not confirmed. I dont quite understand this, if you get a broken nose you know about it.

The only truly identifiable facts in this article is that a child, 11years old, was tasered by an adult who holds a position centred on violent youths. Can anyone clear up for me what a "school resource officer" is? Seeing as the child was then charged with battery of a law enforcement officer I am assuming they must have a level of training for the job. Yes it says the child threw a chair and desk. But at an elementary school, those things are tiny, i doubt most people at ATS could fit their knees under one. Maybe if it were wielded by an adult it would be dangerous, but an 11year old girl?

11year old girl Vs trained enforcement officer. Does not seem to me like a fair fight, let alone before we start throwing tasers into the equation.

Does this officer represent the enforcement agencies of the US, no, the opposite. Are the charges and detention excessive, without a doubt.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by tarichar]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

It says clearly in the atricle that the girl resisted the officer with force, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what he did according to what he's taught to do. Maybe this will teach this "troubled"(I'd call her Stupid) little girl into thinking that punching a cop in the face isn't the thing to do. I expected to see that the girl did nothing and got tased but she did alot more then nothing; shes lucky she didn't eat the blunt end of his billy. I think that usually the police brutality stated on here isn't justifiable but this is, no flag or stars for this thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by preacher772
So the girl tried to push another student into oncoming traffic and then ignored staff...I'm glad she was tasered...maybe she'll think twice before trying to kill someone

No one witnessed this except another child... The officer nor a teacher witnessed this.

Not saying it didn't happen, but we have all seen kids lie and or exaggerate, to get another kid in trouble.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Whether she tried to push her into traffic or not, she picked up a chair/desk and threw it at the teacher, then punched the security guard (who was the same size or smaller than the girl) in the face, and ignored everyone trying to get her to calm down. That right there would be enough.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Whether she tried to push her into traffic or not, she picked up a chair/desk and threw it at the teacher, then punched the security guard (who was the same size or smaller than the girl) in the face, and ignored everyone trying to get her to calm down. That right there would be enough.

Entertain this idea for a second Zaphod,

First, this wasn't a security guard.

Here is from an earlier post from Defcon showing that this wasn't a mere 'security guard'. This was an actual officer of the law. In fact, the article says the officer had 20 years experience:

Florida School Resource Officers
ELIGIBILITY
To qualify as a School Resource Officer Practitioner, all of the following requirements must be met:
1)The individual must have been employed as a certified law enforcement officer for a minimum of two years.
2)The officer must have successfully completed the SRO Basic Training Course (40 hours) offered by FCPTI.
3)The officer must have completed an additional 90 hours of law enforcement courses applicable to the role of a SRO obtained through courses offered by FCPTI.

Considering that, considering this officer had 20+ years of experience 'in the field'. This officer should have had the training, and experience, to submit a fat 11 year old girl. What are your thoughts on that specifically?

Setting aside, wether or not she should have used the taser. Do you agree an officer of 20 years should have been able to submit her?

[edit on 033131p://29u00 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarichar
. Can anyone clear up for me what a "school resource officer" is? Seeing as the child was then charged with battery of a law enforcement officer I am assuming they must have a level of training for the job.

Indeed it was a police officer of 20 years experience. Check out my post above.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You're confusing Law Enforcement Officer with Police Officer. They are NOT necessarily the same thing. A rent a cop with a gun can be an LEO, WITHOUT being a police officer. The guys at airports that you see are LEOs many of them were never police officers. LEOs don't get the extensive training that police officers get.

But even if she was a veteran of 20 years, if you get popped in the nose, you're going to have a hard time afterwards. That's one of the more sensetive areas of the body.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Exactly what incapacitation means I do not know, but I can try and find out.

Another poster said it meant 'to put unconscious' I think, but not lethality. If you can find something official that would be interesting to see im sure

they are required to apply a chemical agent or ECD before attempting a take-down of an actively resisting person, for both their and the subjects safety. It was explained to me that this was a matter of law by today’s standards, and they could actually be in trouble for doing a take-down without using something to “calm” the person down some first, as it shocks them into ceasing the struggle long enough to get the restraints on .

Like you said earlier, if that's the law then that's the law. I don't agree with this, as I feel officers should have the necessary training to submit unarmed people with unarmed skills.

But like you said, we shouldn't attack this officer specifically, rather if we have a problem with it, we should target Floridas Law itself. I agree with that

Thanks for all your contributions as well, I liked seeing the facts

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

But even if she was a veteran of 20 years, if you get popped in the nose, you're going to have a hard time afterwards. That's one of the more sensetive areas of the body.

I am not gloating here, but so you know I am coming from a position of experience myself, I am a nationally competitive fighter, a weapons-based martial artist. I have gotten whomped plenty of times in my face. Yeah getting hit in the nose is usually 'stunning', head shots are. Still, stick by my stance though. That shouldn't have been enough.

Now you're point about the difference between a police officer and a law enforcement officer. I didn't fully understand that was the case. Thanks for that, that does change things I guess

However, I don't think I like the idea of a 'rent a cop' who isnt able to use unarmed combat, armed with a friggin taser gun, being put in an elementary school as the school's security

[edit on 033131p://29u09 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yes, YOU were able to, because you were trained. LEOs get SOME training, but they don't get the years of training that YOU have had. For HER it was probably almost incapacitating.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yes, YOU were able to, because you were trained. LEOs get SOME training, but they don't get the years of training that YOU have had. For HER it was probably almost incapacitating.

Okay fine.

Do you think someone like that should be armed with a taser gun and placed as the school security? This isn't High School either. I imagine this was elementary school (K6 grade school) Someone who doesn't have the unarmed training to dealing with unarmed people with unarmed skills? I'm just curious what your thoughts are on that?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually I do. They're not just there for internal security, but external security as well. What if someone high on crack comes along and tries to do something? I think the best way to stop them would be the taser. And it's better than a gun, because I have known many LEOs and most of them probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and barely made qualifications.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Actually I do. They're not just there for internal security, but external security as well. What if someone high on crack comes along and tries to do something? I think the best way to stop them would be the taser. And it's better than a gun, because I have known many LEOs and most of them probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and barely made qualifications.

Good point.

The only way I can see to bridge these two ideas, and reconcile the issues here, is to insure these school security officers receive adequate unarmed training, so that they can use those means prior to escalating things further.

However, as Defcon pointed out, Florida Law told the officer in this specific case to not use unarmed combat, rather the taser or chemical agent...first.

Those laws scare me. If I was a parent in Florida I would home shcool, But that's just me.

[edit on 043131p://29u01 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

well then the solution is simple. from now on police agencies only recruit cops from the UFC.

as a fighter you KNOW that theres a world of difference between training and real world. just as im sure you know that theres a world of difference between the ring and a bar fight.

you also know that were you to use any of your hand to hand on an UNTRAINED opponent that you could certainly subdue and submit them but that theres a chance for great bodily harm to come to them in the process. you also know that as good as you are, anyone could get lucky and you yourself could be injured. i mean even in competition between trained fighters you cant tell me youve never seen a guy get his arm screwed up for long periods of time from a simple arm bar. what if this officer had gone and applied a rear naked choke and broken the kids hyoid bone? she'd have gone from officer to "plaintif" real fast.

i see so many people here say "oh a bruised arm is better than getting shocked" but what about a broken arm? what about a blow to the head to render them senseless for a bit that gives them a concussion (it is a "child" afterall.) she may have been a huge 11yo but a childs bones are still going to be weaker than ours and applying bruce lee moves to a kid can really screw them up.

the taser hurts like hell....for 5 seconds then its over. unless the person being tased already has a bad heart theres almost NO chance of permanent injury. the % of people with a heart bad enough that the very LOW amperage of a taser is going to hurt them is probably very small.

so, 5 seconds of pain or 6 weeks in a cast or worse?

hell, i have a video of a friend of mine who took a taser shot on a dare for a free lunch. ADMITTEDLY he's a large adult soldier but if it was dangerous you think he'd do it? he's nuts but he's not stupid.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. First the alleged claim of attempting to push another child into traffic even if this was her intent you cannot charge an 11 year old with attempted murder. They do not even charge 14 year olds who have purposefully fired weapons at people with murder and you want to charge an 11 year old girl???????
Second the girl was obviously throwing a tantrum her parents should have been called so they could come, pick her up, and deal with her in a way that the PARENTS saw fit.
Third if an 11 year old child can "Batter" a police officer then I have no faith at all in our law enforcement officers.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Again, this is NOT a police officer we're talking about. A Law Enforcement Officer and police officer are NOT the same thing. This was an LEO, who doesn't get the training that police officers get in unarmed combat. Even if she HAD, Florida law requires the use of either pepper spray/mace, or a taser BEFORE grabbing the person.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tguntony
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. First the alleged claim of attempting to push another child into traffic even if this was her intent you cannot charge an 11 year old with attempted murder. They do not even charge 14 year olds who have purposefully fired weapons at people with murder and you want to charge an 11 year old girl???????
Second the girl was obviously throwing a tantrum her parents should have been called so they could come, pick her up, and deal with her in a way that the PARENTS saw fit.
Third if an 11 year old child can "Batter" a police officer then I have no faith at all in our law enforcement officers.

Ok let me get this strait, you want the parents called to deal with it? What, while she continues throwing things and beating people? Her mom has already shown a great job in raising her little hell raiser, you think she is gonna punish the kid? We need to go back to being able to spanking our kids. Worked for me, worked for my brothers and sister. Then maybe little brats like this would learn a thing or two about respecting your elders and authority instead of flipping out because they are questioned by a teacher.

Another thing, I refuse to believe this kid has a learning disability untill someone posts an article where the SCHOOL says it, not the mom, seems form what the mom said, the kid is a little too articulate to have the mind of a five year old.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Finn1916]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join