It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Message to Climate Change deniers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Yep, I saw that earlier but didn't bother to respond - too much hysteria and a flamefest waiting to happen.

The thing is, that if gore weren't such a hypocrite and actually practiced what he preached, then I would only attack his "film"

But that's not the case - he's been continually shown to be wrong, and now he says that people who disagree with him are nut-jobs.

That's just blatant propaganda aimed at silencing dissenting voices in the same way many people and organisations try to silence ANY critical voice - by marginalising them and subjecting them to ridicule.

It's against the T&C here, and should be against the T&C of REAL life - an impractical view I know, but also a fair point, I feel.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Not it isn't!!!

Yes it is!

*Wasteful post.

I agree, though. Practice what you preach, or quit preaching.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You know, I don't know what to say to Global Warming Deniers anymore. There is no reaching them. It's some form of gun-toting All-American fanaticism. I'm sure John Wayne would approve.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

Oh and why am I ignorant in seeking answers in technology?

Let's see, we've already managed to get microbes to do most anything we want, and we now know there is a method (currently in the works) to use bamboo genes in other trees and make them grow faster.

Please, if you're unwilling to think just maybe what seems hard can easily be overcome, then don't bother on a conspiracy site. Because thinking up how people do things and can do things is what the site is all about.

Oh and by the way, my hypothesis is not fake. History shows life has made amazing adaptations in record times to any woe that awaits it.

Let's see, Fish grew skin to get out of the water, those species then grew scales to keep out of the water. Then there's the whole thing about dinosaurs shrinking in size down to a small cow size to compensate with the atmosphere . The same thing happening with bugs when less O2 was breathable. The amazing diversification of life after extinctions (and during the Cambrian explosion)

So please, don't look down on nature as this small stack of cards that will fall if breathed on wrongly. Nature is in fact a pack of bricks able to withstand most all issues. And thanks to the human mind, it is now steel reinforced.
[edit on 1-4-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Let's see, we've already managed to get microbes to do most anything we want, and we now know there is a method (currently in the works) to use bamboo genes in other trees and make them grow faster.

Please, if you're unwilling to think just maybe what seems hard can easily be overcome, then don't bother on a conspiracy site. Because thinking up how people do things and can do things is what the site is all about.

I apologize, perhaps I was judgemental. I felt that perhaps you were trying to think of ways that leads us to believe that there's isn't a problem with pollution, and cloud seeding.

I don't know much about gene altering, and how the altered plants stand up in gene structure compared to natural strains found in the environment. A resistance to one aspect of the environment, could leave it vulverable to other threats; I don't know, and I can't say you're wrong for trying.

Perhaps I can be more open minded toward the ideas of others.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
It's some form of gun-toting All-American fanaticism.

PERFECT! You described us to the point.

Welcome to the American mind, it's how we act and think. Never in history have we been willing to go with the crowd and Global Warming just makes one more thing we don't follow hypnotically to.

Global Warming is the sun's episodic heat ups. It also is tied in with our own core's episodes. It is not caused my man. Man has only witness the smallest part of the greatness of the chaotic universe. Nothing stays constant, and thanks to life's adaptability, nothing ever will.

Humans who think they can preserve Earth as she is now have some sort of loony delusion. The Earth has only been in this state for 10,000 of it's 4 billion year existence. Never will it be as it is now and never has it. Welcome to a little something called reality.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

Ok, just look it up yourself. Nature is something able to adapt, and billions of years of life have diversified the gene pool so much that we can now mix and match what we see.

And yes, there are dire consequences if not done right. But for the most part, the altered plant (I think) can mate with natural ones, and the better genes will survive.

It's essentially speeding up evolution.

Some do good, others die, it;s life.

Mind you, I'm not saying cloud seeing is fake, I'm just saying if it's bad, it can be cleaned up.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Global warming is a fact - pure and simple - over 99% of the leading scientist agree on the issue. The dissenting arguments have been thoroughly addressed and found to be unfounded.

The argument over whether or not it is real is well and truly finished.

The only argument remaining is whether or not we should do anything about it.
This is the interesting position - there will be massive implications over the coming years and the most severly affected will be the worlds poor. However there is no doubt that there are many other enviro issues affecting the planet beyond warming - all of them generally come down to over population - the resulting crop failures will drive food prices and availability through the roof - potentially causing global starvation on an unprecedented scale - this mass die off is exactly what the world needs. The question remains about the moral ethics of this.

This is where the real debate lies - it is so mundane having to listen to peoples are arguments which are based not on the evidence at hand - bu rather on politics.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Global warming is a fact - pure and simple - over 99% of the leading scientist agree on the issue. The dissenting arguments have been thoroughly addressed and found to be unfounded.

This is where the real debate lies - it is so mundane having to listen to peoples are arguments which are based not on the evidence at hand - bu rather on politics.

Precisely.
I find that arguing over politics is just there to distract us from the real issues that face us on this continent, and not just a country. There has to be solidarity among groups of people who have dig up the research, and arrive at factual conclusions.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Silver ionized cloud seeding, mixed with pollution (and chemical trails), will create a compound (coagulate into larger clusters) in the air, then travel hundreds of miles and precipitate over sensitive areas of agriculture and urban dwelling. This isn't a remote likelyhood, this is what WILL HAPPEN over time when the pollution and aerosols in the upper atmosphere reach a critical mass, then fall and take all the moisture with it.

Over the next 6 years, we'll have an abundance of good rain and snowfall. Things will seem to remain in check until the fallen snow begins to look reddish brown in appearance. There is a lot of pollution in the upper atmosphere, and it's increasing in concentration, compounded by this new cloud seeding technique. The precipitation will be heavier, and have a granular texture. Politicians and the media will try to pass it off as a temporary phenomenon.

I know better, and I'm trying to get everyone reading this to just consider the consequences of silver ionzed aerosol cloud seeding before there's no turning back.

­­·· «spelling edit» ··
EC OLOGICAL EFFECTS OF SILVER IODIDE

Contrails and Chemtrails

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Kinesis]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Forget about global warning.

Does anyone actually believe that polluting the air we're breathing is actually a good idea?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I know this isn't PTS .. but Al Gore IS the former VP, and looks to be working in the White House again very soon. So politics has to come up ..

VP Al Gore .. again

Obama wants Al Gore to be in his cabinet .. or higher.

Looks like Al Gore may have a very lofty position in which to arrange the buying and selling of his carbon credits. (and arranging so that his stocks are in juuuuuuuuuuust the right companies when he makes world events/corporate events happen ... ala Cheney )

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I know this isn't PTS .. but Al Gore IS the former VP, and looks to be working in the White House again very soon. So politics has to come up ..

VP Al Gore .. again

Obama wants Al Gore to be in his cabinet .. or higher.

Looks like Al Gore may have a very lofty position in which to arrange the buying and selling of his carbon credits. (and arranging so that his stocks are in juuuuuuuuuuust the right companies when he makes world events/corporate events happen ... ala Cheney )

I don't think this post is misplaced at all! Considering that Mr Gore's agenda and posturing have been highly supported by main stream media and the body politic - and considering that an immense effort has been expended to ensure he is legitimized and accepted by popular culture, I don't think he's going away anytime soon. Contrast this with others who lack the 'glorified TV factor' who started, long ago, this noble effort to raise the world's sensitivity to environmental changes and poor planetary stewardship - yet theirs names are just footnotes compared to the savior-Gore.

Now, line the previous observation up with the fact that Mr. Obama's campaign efforts have elevated the candidate to personality cult; and what have we got?

Two heroes with legions of cheerleaders in the MSM. Sounds like a real cash cow to me. Having seen this kind of marketing of personalities in the past, you'd think we would catch on? All that's missing is another 'national tragedy' to cement yet another executive political body who's agenda and actions will go unchecked because of the 'love and respect' we should have for these 'noble' leaders.

(Meanwhile they hold the door open for new 'profit models' and implement more 'protection of the corporate regime')

Let's see

- Obama/Gore/Clinton - mandate citizen contribution of wealth to global climate relief, mandate participation in for-profit health care insurance rackets, 'browbeat or otherwise coerce foreign sovereign nations to be compliant to international corporate profiteering.

-McCaine - Borrow more make believe money (Dont worry the American citizens can be taxed to pay it back) buy more guns from Dickey, to kill everybody who disagrees with us. And shut your face, one more word out of you and you're a terrorist! And you know what we do to terrorists..., oh wait, no you don't (ha ha). Forget all the b/s you suspect, I'll tell you what to believe and you'll like it..., or you're a terrorist! And you know what happens to people we think are terrorists..., oh wait, no you don't (ha ha). (Pssst, call Papa Bush and find out what the hell I'm supposed to say...)

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

UN FORECAST - GLOBAL COOLING

Oh my goodness... What will Al Gore do?
The UN is trying to cut down on Al Gore's income ...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting news story on how Al Gore is in a position to make a ton of money selling his snake oil .. uh .. I mean carbon credits, etc etc

store here

First make them believe global warming is their fault.
Then sell the 'cure'.

Right out of the snake oil salesman handbook.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You know,

it doesn't take long to rip al bore or shrub to bits - just send them on a hunting trip with cheney.

That'll do the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join