It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why can humans only use 11% of there brains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have just started investigating the claims that the human race was created by the annunaki and I have a few questions mabey you guys can help with. The first is why can humans only use 11% of there brains? Is this normal in mamals, or are we somehow governed to be less inteligent than we are really capable of? Secondly, Im curious about the rehsus factor in our blood, from my understanding a positive blood type means you have rhesus monkey antibodies in your blood and there are only about 7% of the human population who have negitive blood types, and science has a hard time figgurine out when the rehsus antibodies were interjected in with our blood. Anyone with scientific knowledge on these subjects please post responses, Im very curious about these two things.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
it's a myth.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There are a few reasons why this is possible, although bearing in mind the idea of humans using 11% is in itself unproven.

Primarily, i believe it has a lot to do with the fact that you don't really need to use about 35% of your brain anyway, as it controls things like blood pressure, the 'ooze' content (water level), the various Chemicals released by the Liver, Respiration and so on and so forth - things that if we had to deal with conciously would probably be quite a hassle.

I haven't the actual scientific knowledge, and i don't think any evidence i could bring up would be infallible.

Which is why i consider it important to advance research into human bio-psychology.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Where do you get the 11% usage of the brain from ?
I think we use our entire brain, but everytime a different part of our brain.

I do believe we can do more with our bodys/brain then we can atm, but we use all of our brain cells m8te.

Btw if you study anything brain related, youll find its mostly theorys.
They dont have facts about how the brain works for the most part.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
We used to use more of the brain many years ago, but some of those areas have been disabled. Science will re-enable these areas soon.
You still see evidence of what our brains can do from time to time when we hear of idiot savants and the extraordinary things they can do.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
it's a myth.

www.snopes.com...

Absolutely right. It is nothing more than a myth.

we use 100% of our brain.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
BcnDiamond has it right. We do use ALL of our brain but only a certain part of it at any one time depending on what we are doing. a part for memory, a part for talking, a part for walking etc....this is because certain parts of the brain preform certain functions.
when we 'multitask' we obvoisly use more at one time.
This is not to say we couldnt use our brains more effectivly though. with certain brain exorcises we can improve how it works. Things like memory games dexterity exorcises and things like that. Like they say, the brain is a muscle that needs a workout to kee fit.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
okay, where did you get this figure for negative blooded people constitute only 7% of people?

im A negative, as is my mother. but my sisters are both positive. ive felt uniquely different from them as long as i can remember, i mean .. major differences. wont elaborate.

im tall thin pointy boney ..

everyone else in my fam is short and fat.

i have digestive issues.

im left handed.

im frocking weird, to sum it up.

lol, i must be an alien hybrid in your midst!

[edit on 3/19/2008 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Obviously we do only use a small percentage of your brain. Why? Because most of the time were not paying attention.

This is an interesting read I've read before. Just a theory. Or a Door to something new.

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Horribly old and debunked old myth. Do some research next time, huh?

www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Really its not the brain you are using but the spirits connection to the ETERNAL Mind.

This field of operation is a tricky one it makes you guess only what is seen.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by menguard]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As others said, we use all (or almost all) parts of our brain, consciously or unconsciously. The idea about few percents came up when large part of the brain operation was not understood (not that it is completely understood now, by far the opposite). It is similar to the last decades claim of "junk" DNA. "We use only x% of DNA" stuff.
The real situation in my opinion is similar to playing minesweeper on supercomputer and not using it for anything else. Our brain can do a lot, but we are unable/unwilling to use it to its top performance. Not the "designer" fault, but the "users" one.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The 'Human beings only use X percent of the brain' is a claim from the beginning of the 20'th century, and was an attempt by scientists to explain to laypeople, how the brain works.

Later it was popularized by scam-artists and sects which claimed to provide the means to access the full use of the brain.

Today it is part of popular culture. The reality is ofcourse that we use all of our brain, although only a small fraction at a time for conscious thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Humans have the potential to go far beyond the abilities of every other race and once we started to get out of hand several other species panicked and started messing with our genes to keep us suppressed and slow down our progress. if you study genetics for long enough you will see how true this is

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To reiterate at least one poster, the 11% figure goes back the early days of laymen oriented articles on brain activity. Look at the figure like how much of your hard drive is actually being used.

We now understand much more about the brain and mind. Things poorly understood in the past such as how memory isn't located in one region, but duplicated and overlapping in many places.

We still only vaguely the understand many things the function of the cerebellum which s proportionally larger in more primitive animals.

In many ways the human mind is as vast and complex as the universe itself.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Your brain has an incredible amount of unused knowledge and capability in it.

But hey, why would you want to make your own planet or grow back a lost arm, or manifest yourself into a different dimension, when you have beer and brats right here?

Not only would you now believe what your brain could do, you wouldn't even want to believe what your brain could do.

That's why you don't use much of it and most people don't.

Expect a lot of skeptics on this. The deaf dumb and blind kids sure play a mean pinball though.

be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Not only would you now believe what your brain could do, you wouldn't even want to believe what your brain could do.

That's why you don't use much of it and most people don't.

I actually want to know, in fact, everyone should or at least if you're up to it, and have no desire to take advantage of others.

It might be the only way of getting ourselves, the world, and maybe other worlds out the mess we are in! Finding out the truth Or even finding our true place and purpose in the universe, or whatever thing even our own universe is part of!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It might be the only way of getting ourselves, the world, and maybe other worlds out the mess we are in! Finding out the truth Or even finding our true place and purpose in the universe, or whatever thing even our own universe is part of!

When you use your whole brain you realize the world is not in a mess. The world is actually function per specifications in a manner it was designed to do, through a plan and for a purpose that you actually have always known but simply imagine you don't.

It's all stored inside of you but you have no resounding faith in your own inherent knowledge and perceive yourself as not knowing.

The competing hemispheres of your brain are in perpetual argument over just what you are going to have for dinner tonight. I settled for pork chops!

how could you possibly access what you know when you are always arguing with yourself about almost every single thing you do. Should you wear this or that, leave now, leave then, take this route, or take that one, ah darn traffic I told me to take the other route why didn't I listen.

Find harmony within you. Create harmony with in you. Stop listening to other people. Listen to yourself.

The world is fine, it's just pretending it's not fine, because its fun and something to argue over. Argue with yourself all the time, argue with everyone else all the time. Who has the time to know anything for sure.

Trust your instincts Luke!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Our brains, in my opinion, have a lot of "hidden talents" that we have yet to un-cover or haven't been told about it due to our consistent distractions with everyday life.

~Renarism

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
like others have pointed out the stupid 10% thing is a common misconception, misinterpretation and a plain flat out MYTH. We use something like 10% at any given time (using 100% all the time would be like redlining your car constantly as you drive), but each part of the brain gets used in succession and such.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join