It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Savagely Attacks the Environment...Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Bush Savagely Attacks the Environment

www.washingtonpost.com

The Environmental Protection Agency weakened one part of its new limits on smog-forming ozone after an unusual last-minute intervention by President Bush, according to documents released by the EPA.

EPA officials initially tried to set a lower seasonal limit on ozone to protect wildlife, parks and farmland, as required under the law. While their proposal was less restrictive than what the EPA's scientific advisers had proposed, Bush overruled EPA officials and on Tuesday ordered the agency to increase the limit, according to the documents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is only one of hundreds of examples of the Bush Admin setting back environmental protection laws for the benefit of industry. No only does this harm the environment--which Bush cares nothing about--but it also ends up harming business by putting off changes that they will eventually have to make, and make abruptly. Robert Kennedy Jr's book, Crimes Against Nature reveals the full scope of what Bush has done.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Silence, I asked my pal Georgie-boy about this, and he emailed me back this response..ahem...let me read it to you..
"No, no... you just don't get it. See, what I'm doin' here is simple. They make machines to clean air with ozone. Fact is, Laura bought one for our house in Texas. So, you see, I'm really trying hard to clean up those parks. And, ya know, since them Jaappaanneessee seem to like the stuff...you know, with all this gglloobbaalliizzaattiioonn...they might buy some of this ozone stuff from us and use it oovveerr there. It's simple, man, simple. You all just don't get it."

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Well, I am once again left speechless by the Decider's eloquence.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ozone is produced mainly from hydrocarbon emissions--vehicle exhaust and coal-burning generation plants being the largest sources.

There's your answer why--Detroit and the coal industry.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

I don't doubt that special interests are at the root of it. Bush is not helping anything or anyone with this kind of stupidity. Detroit will have to get with it soon enough anyway, and the longer they wait the more damaging the adjustment will be. Bush, of course, does not care what happens to the economy in the future when he is no longer president. Who cares if the US falls behind in green innovation.

new topics

top topics

join