It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Verbally authenticated the bible as the Word of God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am seeing some posts about the bible being real, maybe some of it is and maybe some isn't, but does it change your mind to know that Jesus Christ himself verbally authenticated the bible as the Word of God?

Matthew 22:29 and Mark 12:24
29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

John 5:39
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me

Jesus also quoted and commanded from the bible,
Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.

John 15:25
But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.

Jesus validating the old testament scriptures shows that it is a work of God.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brickhouse32
I am seeing some posts about the bible being real, maybe some of it is and maybe some isn't, but does it change your mind to know that Jesus Christ himself verbally authenticated the bible as the Word of God?

No, actually.

Using the bible to prove the bible is a horrible way to get people to convert. Sure the fulfilled prophecies are impressive to a believer; but to someone who doesn't believe in it, it's just people embellishing on stories or twisting scripture to make things fit. For instance, wasn't the Messiah supposed to be named Emanuel(correct me if I'm wrong here; I'm not a student of Messianic prophecies)?

That's sort of off-topic though; the number one reason I'm not Christian is because I've prayed to God and gotten absolutely NOTHING. Until I get confirmation from the source(that is to say, God) that he exists, I'm not going to be a Christian(or anything monotheistic).

I've "knocked", and there's been no response from the Christian God. If he ever shows up, I'll go along with him.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by brickhouse32

the whole circular argument thing has been pointed out already, so i'll just say this...

it only proves the parts that were written before jesus...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

but does it change your mind to know that Jesus Christ himself verbally authenticated the bible as the Word of God?

To strain at a gnat or two in this statement; He verbally authenticated (to use your wording) the scriptures as the testimony (John 5:39) of him and also containing his wordS (John 6:63).

To say the scriptures are the WORD (singular) of GOD is to say that they are literally Jesus Himself.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Then it becomes the WORD of GOD.

The words of God are like a reactive chemical mixture. Faith is one chemical and the scriptures are the other.

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. --Hebrews 4:2

Have you ever played with fiberglass resin? The resin (scriptures) is sticky and could be used as somewhat of a glue, but it only has it's real power when the hardener (faith) is added. One can also note that it only takes a couple drops of hardener to bring the resin to life and make it do what it is intended to do.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Jesus did validate the OT scriptures. And Wise Sheep is right in that the holy spirit works in the mind of believers to give greater revelation. I knw a passage can take on new meaning after having read it many times... it's one of the primary ways God communicates.

new topics

top topics

join