It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top UK police chief is found dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Top UK police chief is found dead

news.bbc.co.uk

The head of one of the biggest police forces in Britain has been found dead, it has been revealed.

Michael Todd, the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), was reported missing on Monday night.

Rescue teams found his body in a beauty spot in North Wales on Tuesday afternoon, rescue teams in the Snowdon area revealed.

Mr Todd, a former Met Police assistant commissioner, joined GMP in 2002. He also worked in Essex and Nottingham.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Not much more to report on this news at the moment, the use of the word "beauty spot" tends to be used when suicide is implied. Reminds me a little of when Dr David Kelly was found having committed 'suicide'.

Sad news indeed

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2008 by badBERTHA]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
it does seem weird....

I watch a youtube vid about him testin the taser gun effects, didnt appear to be a mental unstable man,

Makes you wonder....

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Letters addressed to his family have been found.
Seems very suspicious to me.

Just go's to show, you can never what's going on in someone's mind and how finely balanced some of us are.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is actually a HUGE story...This guy was involved in exposing the CIA 'secret flights' scandal...How soon til the 'suicide note' pops up? lol

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This is actually a HUGE story...This guy was involved in exposing the CIA 'secret flights' scandal...How soon til the 'suicide note' pops up? lol

I am highly suspect of sucides in positions like this.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Why would you go out walking on Snowdon on a Monday night
(this is what the BBC are reporting btw.....)

You would have thought a police officer as senior as this would have seen the weather in the UK on Monday and perhaps decided that this was not really such a good idea.........!

I smell a rat here.....!

"out walking".......on Snowdon?.......Yesterday?.........come on.......thats a just too stupid to be believed.........

Though most in this country will treat the BBC as gospel......!

MR

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I immediately thought, "murder". yes, of course suicide notes to his family have been found near his body.
and more stories will appear about him having 'personal problems'.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red

You would have thought a police officer as senior as this would have seen the weather in the UK on Monday and perhaps decided that this was not really such a good idea.........!

I smell a rat here.....!

"out walking".......on Snowdon?.......Yesterday?.........come on.......thats a just too stupid to be believed.........

MR

That is a very good point you would have to be very emotionally distressed to head out in 80 mile an hour winds. He would most likely have perished from exposure than anything else.. no doubt more on this in the morning

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My feeling are is that he knows whats really goin on in this world, ive seen him a few times and he looks like a geniune guy.

He would rather die than tell the uk what terrible things are going on behind our backs.

Or he was killed before he spread the truth,

rest in peace

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That does seem very suspicious....

I have friends who live nearby, gonna find out if they have heard anything about it.

I don't think for a second ANYONE would go walking on snowdon in anything but clear weather, let alone a hurricaqne.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ooops double post.

sorry. x

[edit on 11-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Didn't you know?

One of the qualifications on the application for Police Chief requires you to have very private and severe personal difficulties which could later be useful to place on public record after you die of suspicious causes.

Duh.

Don't they have a similar clause that you have to read and sign on a McDonalds application?

"yada yada...... could result in immediate TERMINATION of employment here on planet earth yada yada......."

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by Marlborough Red

Why would you go out walking on Snowdon on a Monday night
(this is what the BBC are reporting btw.....)

Just a thought but....maybe, just maybe, because he wanted to visit his favourite place one last time before he killed himself??
Not that uncommon in suicides.

I think we should at least wait until the official story is complete before we start picking holes in it.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This has conspiracy written all over it. I noted what Dimensional said about the CIA flights. Why would a man in one of the top policing jobs in the country apparently doing an excellent job, married with 3 kids walk to the top of Snowdon and top himself? Completley ridiculous.............David Kelly all over again.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

For pity's sake!
The guy's body isn't even cold yet and already people are screaming "conspiracy".

Let's wait and see what story is given and what evidence there is to support it before flinging accusations around.

The boy and the wolf spring to mind anyone?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

For pity's sake!
The guy's body isn't even cold yet and already people are screaming "conspiracy".

Let's wait and see what story is given and what evidence there is to support it before flinging accusations around.

The boy and the wolf spring to mind anyone?

Okay, okay... but seriously why would anyone be up snowdon?

I've walked it several times and it gets tricky in some parts, and i wouldn't even want to imagine climbing it at low light, never mind in a hurricane!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can and will cry conspiracy, it REEKS of it. Might have been threatend by the gangs he was confronting in Manchester, or could be linked to the CIA flights scandel or could be from personal problems. I feel It is better to question from the start than be sucked in by the offical story in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
star and a flag. Whoever pops their head out of the confusion cloud is whacked. Spitzer now this? how can one not be conspiracy minded in this world? Watch the generals. breathe

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

People climb Snowdon in all kinds of weather.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm not saying that we don't need to be aware of the possibility of a possible cover up or conspiracy but to claiming it at this juncture is ridiculous.

What evidence is there for it?
None, just a load of opinion based on maybe's.

Let's wait and see how it develops before flinging accusations around blindly without any evidence, we need to build credability, not loose it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join