It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American servicemen set to expose dark side of war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
www.guerrillanews.com...

Get ready for the horrible, honest reality of the American occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan like you haven’t heard it before. For four days, from March 13 through March 16, hundreds of U.S. veterans of the two wars will descend on Washington and testify in the “Winter Soldier” hearings about what they really did while they were serving their country in Iraq. And their experiences aren’t pretty.

The event is inspired by the Winter Solider tribunal held in 1971 by Vietnam War vets, including John Kerry. The name comes from a quote from Thomas Paine, the revolutionary who rallied George Washington’s troops at Valley Forge, saying: “These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.”

Video and photographic evidence will also be presented, and the Winter Soldier testimony and panels will be broadcast live on nationally Pacifica Radio and satellite television station Free Speech TV Channel 9415. Streaming video on ivaw.org, as well as audio at KPFA.org and warcomeshome.org will enable people to tune in across the world.

this will be interesting.. Id love to be able to be there and talk to them in person.
A massive push against this crime needs to be thrown forward NOW, before Iran becomes hot, and before Mccain steals the election.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I imagine that our big brother in Washington will be doing everything it can to stop this from happening.

After all we can not have more bad news on top of the ones we have right now specially on election year.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Id love to be able to be there and talk to them in person.

I have had the opportunity to talk to a few USMC Iraq War vets (I'm in San Diego, a city with more than it's fair share of Marines) and the stories they tell are bloodcurdling. The Fallujah offensive sounds like it was a particularly horrible experience, with lots more civilian casualties in the city than media reports at the time suggested.

Interestingly not one of the Iraq war vets I have met so far supports the war - although some say they supported it before they saw it for themselves.

[edit on 3/10/08 by xmotex]

join