It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Israel using ‘Thermobaric ’ weapons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Is Israel using ‘thermobarbaric’ weapons?

www.aljazeera.com

What they saw led doctors to believe that a new generation of weapons was being used in both territories. For example, in Sidon eight victims (three children, four men and one woman) were described thus: "One might think they were burnt, but they are not, only their colour is dark, they're inflated and they have a terrible smell. The hair is not burnt nor the bodies wounded”. Due to the strong smell of the corpses, the medical director said he couldn't breath properly for at least 12 hours after they were handled.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by JacKatMtn]

Mod Edit: Fixed title to be less "sensational"
[edit on 3/10/08 by FredT]

[edit on 3/10/08 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thermobaric weapons are outlawed by the Geneva Conventions as 'undue cruelty'. The USA have also been testing them in Iraq and Afghanistan. When will the international community stand up to these war crimes ?

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is a wikipedia link to the technical description of these awful weapon systems:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Absalutely disgusting!

Israelis have also used daisy cutters and cluster bombs during the lebanon war while leveling buildings.

This is plain genocide!!! When will the world wake up to these horrors???

Looks like we will just have to wait for Holocaust 2 to happen as quoted by the israeli minister threatning 'shoah' on the palestinians.

Any zionist supporters out there wana justify this horrific act?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
They are also thinking of sending demented soldiers like these to have fun shooting at palestinian civillians.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thermobaric weapons are not outlawed when used against military targets BUT the use against civilian targets is a breach of the Protocol III of the Certain Conventional Weapons Convention , same as WP is , but the USA and ISrael never signed the document for all 5 conventions so as far as there concerned its legal - a misnomer really as that also could imply that countries that haven`t signed the NPT (like india , pakistan and israel) could go around using nukes....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wow... so isreal and us never signed these treaties so they dont ave to obey to them, that makes me wonder, what if Iran and all other "axis of evil" countries dont sign nuclear declarations, then they are not obliged to follow them either i recon...

(Just saw above poster has made the same assumption as me)

just my 2 cent.

ps.

Nice findings mate.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Loke.]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Now this really blows my mind...if you look at the list of threads being discussed here on ATS you will see that many threads have numerous posts. This topic, which tells of disgraceful behaviour by Israel, goes nearly unanswered. Six posts (plus this makes seven). Where is the outrage? Where is the Israel bashing that should automatically appear when such a barbaric story is told? It seems that noone dares to cause a fuss. Are people afraid to say their piece? Israel should be charged with war crimes.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
People are scared in case they get labelled 'anti-semitic' which could tarnish their reputation.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A lot of speculation, from sources saying "I believe" "it would appear " etc, without any hard evidence?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LovingSoul

Originally posted by Attari
People are scared in case they get labelled 'anti-semitic' which could tarnish their reputation.

That as well as I highly doubt this surprises anyone.
If it does I'd be surprised.

Starred and flagged.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LovingSoul

You are right about no one making a fuss. The soldier throwing a puppy has 15 pages I think. I guess you can see what triggers people. I saw another post about the CIA or some other secret group using the internet to see how info travels. You could use this thread and the puppy thread and see for your self that the puppy thread made people very angry and this one not much. This thread is talking about men,women and children being being killed 6 posts, puppy, pages. You could probably do a study from those two alone. I'm not trying to make this less but I think people are becoming numb to the atrocities occurring around the globe. I have watched some shows on Africa and it leaves you numb when you see what they do to each other. But really people care even less about Africa than they do Israel.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

I will continue to make this assertion! How can someone be "anti-semitic' when speaking against Israel? Both Jews and Palestinians are "Semetic Peoples."

The notion that somehow speaking against Israel makes you a racist is nonsense, they have somehow stolen the concept of Antisemitism and bastardised the definition!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

It's actually not anti-semitic to be anti-Zionist, despite what the apologists would have you believe:

Even those Jews who...um...religiously follow the Torah are against Zionism:

Zionism is wrong from the Torah viewpoint, not because many of its adherents are lax in practice or even anti-religious, but because its fundamental principle conflicts with the Torah.

Unfortunately, due to many undesirable factors, the view of Torah-true Jewry has been concealed from the general public.
Source | Jews Not Zionists

Dang, I've been getting some mileage out of that quote; third time I've used it in the last 24 hrs.

Second time for the following:

Definition of Zionism: an organization of Jews whose goal is to create a nation for Jews.

Definition of Judaism: Jews collectively who practice a religion based on the Torah and the Talmud.
Source | The History of the House of Rothschild

Yeah, what realmatrix said!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
thermobaric weapons are just too usefull to get countries to stop using them.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I never even heard about this story via our media. I wonder if the owners of our media is the reason why it hasnt been printed...hmmm what does all of the owners of the major media have in common hmmmm....
Just goes to show you that we dont have a media here in the states its a propeganda machine that is run by zionist neo conservatives that have an agenda.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
thermobaric weapons are just too usefull to get countries to stop using them.

Useful to who? I am not sure I understand your statement. The Neutron Bomb is useful too
but we apparently don't use it because of moral considerations.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

Thermobaric weapons are outlawed by the Geneva Conventions as 'undue cruelty'. The USA have also been testing them in Iraq and Afghanistan. When will the international community stand up to these war crimes ?

Please provide your Proof of those weapons being against the Geneva Conventions. Almost every major country has them, with Russia testing the largest one in existence last year, so I very much doubt they are outlawed when used against military targets, not targeting civillans specifically. Unless you are going to classify them as chemical weapons in which case you would have to classify almost every other weapons system as a chemical weapon then, they are not prohibated weapons.

Unintended Civillian casualties as a result of such a device used against a military target would not be the same as intentionally targeting the said cillivians.

Please look into the Hauge and Geneva Conventions before you make statements.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by pavil]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

i`ve allready listed the CCWC above ^^

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Once again, people showing and demanding outrage against the US and its allies, in this case Israel, but it's okay for the entire rest of the world to do the same thing.

Russia has built and tested the world's most powerful thermobaric weapon, but nobody asks "where's the outrage?" In fact, most of the people on this forum shouted, "Yay Russia! Way to show up the evil U.S.! IT'S ALL AMERICAS FAULT YOU BUILT THIS WEAPON!!ZZOMFGG!"

Now, I'm not saying that Israel isn't guilty of more than its share of war crimes, I'm just wondering if the same anger would be directed at anybody else who did the same thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join