It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-smoking conspiracy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
These people who actually get on their high horse about it and say something to you, You realise they have been brainwashed so severly.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

Hi,

I am an Australian journalist and I'm writing an article on quitting smoking. I would love to speak to you, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts on quitting. Same goes for any other smokers reading this post who are quitting, have quit or are thinking about quitting.

Please email me on [email protected]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The problem with tobacco isn't what you think it is. When you smoke most commercial cigarettes, you aren't really smoking tobacco. You are smoking "reconstituted tobacco". What that means is they take tobacco, turn it into this slurry, add a ton of chemicals, bake it on giant "cookie sheets", then chop it up to look like tobacco. That is what you are smoking. Switch to an "all natural" brand of cigarette (i.e., not utilizing reconstituted tobacco), and watch how it affects you.

Awesome point. I would like to add that I usually like telling people "anything in moderation". Case in point cigarettes. You know i'm suprised no one mentioned that the Native Americans used tobacco in rituals, "healing rituals" There is a big difference in smoking 20+ Marlboros a day and smoking 1-3 natural tobacco cigs in a day. From my personal experience at parties and festivals I can go ahead and admit that I have smoke Waaaayy to many cigs in one sitting, then the next day I feel sick, for actually more than a day. But when I have cut down to 1-3 per day(my current regiment)and switched brands(no reconstitued tobacco) I dont feel #ty at all.

Also on the note of how cigs make people smell nasty, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about smoking, as I am a smoker but hate cigarette smoke. I smoke outside, wash my hands after every cig, ect. I hate the the way they smell, but I found out the smoking black and milds leave no smell on me? Is it because they have that little tip on them so my hand never touches the cigar. And dont they make those for smokers? I remember seeing Hunter Thompson with one of those always, maybe he didnt like the way cig's smelled either?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't totally blame smokers; blame the tobacco pushers that grow, manufacture, distribute and sell a drug that is addictive, defective and lethal, when used as intended. Blame the tobacco w hore media that helps the tobacco pushers, too! Tobacco is a weapon of mass destruction that kills 5,000,000 addicts and hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people (that breathed toxic tobacco smoke) around the world, every year.

TOBACCO IS ILLEGAL: it is ILLEGAL to poison people, no matter how slowly you do it!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There are a bazillion bad things I can say about smoking but as for CANCER it is more likely from candida overgrowth, and sugar, sugar, sugar feeding it..... but not smoking.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Alesanjin
At the end of the day, if you're going to get cancer, you're going to get it. Simple as that.. It's either in your genes, or it isn't. Smoking speeds the process up, that's it, it doesn't give it to you..

Meh, it's certainly a bad habit, but all this second-hand smoke rubbish is so annoying! You get such dirty looks in the streets from people here in the UK, if you're smoking.. If I was them, i'd be more worried about breathing in the car exhausts they're walking past!

As a non-smoker, I can assure you the dangers of car pollution have not gone unnoticed.

Thing is, smoking is purely optional. It doesn't do anything but pollute the place, poison the environment, create a stink, cause me to have to get my jacket cleaned after a night out because it smells (increasing, unnecessarily, the use of resources and energy getting it cleaned). Basically, smokers are selfish.

That is not to talk of all the additional deaths every year from diseases caused as the result of smoking. If the Government really cared about protecting peoples health, they'd ban smoking, but unfortunately it raises too much in taxes, and helps reduce the number of people reaching retirement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join