It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Baffled by Unexplained Force Acting on Space Probes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

NASA Baffled by Unexplained Force Acting on Space Probes

www.space.com

Mysteriously, five spacecraft that flew past the Earth have each displayed unexpected anomalies in their motions.

These newfound enigmas join the so-called "Pioneer anomaly" as hints that unexplained forces may appear to act on spacecraft.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It may be that Nasa doesn't quite know it all. We are always learning new things at it pertains to our universe. At least they admitted they were wrong. A first step and unprecedented in my book. What is causing this ATS? Any answers out there?

Guz

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I believe that gravity is, in some way, an artifact of electromagnetic effects (or vice versa).

Without electricity, gravity decreases. In the Earths past it would seem that our gravitational strength has varied. The sheer size of some dino's would make it impossible for them to walk or stand in today's gravity. So there was a different gravitational effect then, it would seem.

What has caused this flux?

In an electric universe, with an electric sun, the answer would seem somewhat obvious.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm counting down until someone comes in and mentions Planet X

Maybe it's some sort of funky thing to do with relativity.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Not at all unknown to Mr Richard C Hoagland, The article stated
no force seen when Satellite crosses 30th parallel while significant "unknown" force seen when crossing 19.5 degrees:-)
"HyperDimensional Physics"
Not a plug just an observation

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Probably some mile big anti gravity crafts coming this way. Nothing serious
Everything is under control people. Don't worry.
It's not a big planet or something like that. Just a craft.

Your government has it under control. Go back to bed please.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
IMO this is caused by a space "ley-line" or "flux", which extraterrestrials use to travel with. Notice that these spaceships from earth tend to speed up or slow down in an odd, unexplained manner. This suggests some type of field unaccounted for, and to me suggests a "travel-form" wave.
just me opinion.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagle1229

Would you pleas expand on that? It has my attention. Seems there is an unexplained 'Earth Force', that the scientists have yet to explain?

We are in the loop of disclosure I think. they can't keeep us 4th graders amused no more!

Guz

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

Thanks WhiteWash!

I like what you had to say, but needs some info to back it up. I just want to know what may be causing this anomoly that supposedly surprised NASA.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

Interesting idea. If gravity and EM force are related, then it would explain much.

The "birkeland currents" would be one such source of said "ley lines".

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe Dark Matter/Energy is the culprit. For all we know, there might be pockets of this 'theoretical stuff' in our solar system which effects things moving near or through it.
If it's not that, then it's something else

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I like your answer on this Bigfatfurrytexan! A star for you sir. Thanks for your thoughts. Do you think the sun has anything to do with this anomaly? If gravity has been ever changing on this planet...Don't you think we could have measured this throughout at least the last century? There is something I believe we are missing here. There is a force that is not accountable for. What the hell is it?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
its called gravitomagnetism,
en.wikipedia.org...

and theyve known about it for decades.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by styxxz

Thanks Styxxz!

Yes! I thought of the ole Dark Matter! But scientists can't even prove it even exists. It is theoretical at this point. If I understand what I have read on Dark Matter, it would not be a force to cause this since it is part of the natural sciences. They don't know how to find it, but it is part of the equation of the natural universe.

It exists in equation because it is part of what we already understand. We just can't define it!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Thanks welivefortheson!

Did you read all the links also?

This therory is about gravity on earth bound objects, not space bound objects such as we are discussing. It is pure conjecture! IMO

Guz

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

Thanks for the heads-up. It looks like our model of gravity is incomplete.

For those talking about the electric universe, I suggest you check it out on badastronomy. It's been thoroughly debunked.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is merely the breaking down of the Time dimension. More of these esoteric paradoxical anomalies to come...

AAC

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

never seen the expanding earth theory? a guy did a great job of showing that ALL the continents fit together, if you shrink the sphere. probably find it on youtube or something.
earth used to be smaller with no oceans. that's why there was less gravity.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
It is merely the breaking down of the Time dimension. More of these esoteric paradoxical anomalies to come...

Damn, that's it!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm pretty convinced that there are forces out there that have yet to be discovered, much less explained, but it would be funny if all this turns out to be the result of rounding error.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join