It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kitten washed to death in machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

OTTAWA: A kitten died while being laundered in a washing machine by students at a Canadian university.

The three-month old orange and white tabby had allegedly been run through the machine by friends of its owner's roommates during a party, while she was out, according to reports.

“It had gone through a full cycle,” distraught owner Sylvia Gough told the Ottawa Citizen.source

How absolutely cruel!

I despise humans at times!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That's just wrong.

wtf

How would they like going through a wash cycle I wonder.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No where does it say it was intentional. The cat could have climbed in there itself and clothes were tossed in there, and the machine started. It happened at a party where it could have been loud, so yelps for help could have gone unnoticed.

Before you start bashing the owners, this could have been a really dumb cat. However, if they did throw it in the washer than charges should be filed.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by testrat]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yeah, hopefully it was really an accident. Otherwise it's just another sad reflection on the state of society today.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
we have 7 cats, so my wife and i actually make a conscious effort to check before starting up the washer and dryer when we use them. it helps that they are behind doors that are only opened when we need to get to them. if they weren't closed off i could easily see something like this happening accidentally. if it was intentional then that's disgusting beyond what can be described in words.

we need a new level of swearing. the current one has become passe and too entrenched in everyday conversation to convey the meaning it used to. =)

[edit on 29-2-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have to admit this is extremely cruel...

Which only made me feel worse when I laughed when she said
'It had gone through a full cycle.'

It conjured up images of a kitten in the spin cycle. Of course by that point the poor kit would have drowned, but if it was still alive, that would be kinda funny.

I wonder if they thought of putting the baby in the dryer afterwards? It might be less stressful on the owner to see the innocent thing dried and fluffed before being buried.

Poor poor little thing :shk:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
No where does it say it was intentional. The cat could have climbed in there itself and clothes were tossed in there, and the machine started. It happened at a party where it could have been loud, so yelps for help could have gone unnoticed.

Before you start bashing the owners, this could have been a really dumb cat. However, if they did throw it in the washer than charges should be filed.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by testrat]

How many kittens have you ever seen that can climb flat metal or that can jump that high to get into a washing machine? Even if the washer was put right beside a kitty sized stair case leading all the way up to the top, it's still irresponsibility on the part of the owner no matter how you look at it. Even if it is just as accident, it is STILL an irresponsible pet owner, period.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Bachelor]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

yes I agree, but article states = party = alcohol = stupid prank?

well, later I might find an update or another article that clearly explains the situation.

new topics

top topics

join