It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Jolts Southern Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the one in maine in 2006 took a week i think to register - so its not a huge conspiracy

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

It usuallt takes them a few go's to actually get the right reading. We deal with Tsunami warnings for the Indo-Australian region here and we get our info form Geoscience Australia. That 3 may be the same earthquake, they just downgraded it from what they originally thought

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Hmmm... hate to make this even more speculative than it already is, but a depth of 2 km.... ? When did \anybody last see an 'earthquake' that was only centered 2km deep?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

yeah cause in greece they also tested a NUKE at ` 1km deep`

TODAY

as well

gosh damn all these 1 and 2km nuke tests today on mainland europe

must be a busy day

www.emsc-csem.org...

www.emsc-csem.org...

www.emsc-csem.org...

^^

all at mag 4 or about there and at 2km deep - , did everyone in europe notice these underground nuclear tests?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just pouring a little speculative gasoline...different location but this sets a nuclear tunnel precedent....

Iran Building Bomb-Proof Nuclear Site Tunnel

PARIS: Iran is building a new bomb-proof underground site for developing nuclear weapons, linked by tunnel to its complex at Natanz, the main exiled Iranian opposition group said yesterday.

"Information we have from inside the regime indicates the site is destined for military nuclear activity, mainly for the further enrichment of uranium," Mehdi Abrichamtchi, of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, said in Paris.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
looks like someone is preparing for war......

an by someone I mean EVERYONE..,,. Doesnt anyone else see this, everyone is testing something but calling it something else..... BUT ALL ARE PREPARING FOR WAR!

Now what....

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hmmm but what about this?

If it were a NUKE, wouldn't the blast create a earthquake with a larger magnitude over the site, not in HINDU KUSH REGION, AFGHANISTAN?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

4.9!!!

[edit on 26-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If it was a nuke, it probably wasn't a real nuke anyway. Iran can't make nukes yet. And North Korea can't makes nukes either (I still don't believe it). It's more likely a suitcase nuke from the black market than a real nuke test. But in this case, I believe it was only an earthquake...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

please go and get a coffee - its not a nuke test or the usa just did one as well

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit:

for those who don`t actually know - all the underground testing in the US was done at around 400 > 750 meters and not more , because its darn hard to deep drill.

[edit on 26/2/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
yeah i saw that too.... either they are, or 10km below everyone is getting pretty restless...... Yellowstone?

Think about it.... lol its funny how its only 15km an up not deeper, the china one was but greece, iran, nevada, alaska, FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS,
REYKJANES RIDGE
Geographic coordinates: 52.781N, 34.513W, VIRGIN ISLANDS,NORTHERN CALIFORNIA ( 2km )

and this?!?!?! Region: NEAR ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS
Geographic coordinates: 51.976N, 173.198E
Magnitude: 4.9 Ml
Depth: 0 km
Universal Time (UTC): 23 Feb 2008 22:01:44
Time near the Epicenter: 23 Feb 2008 12:01:44
Local standard time in your area: 23 Feb 2008 17:01:44

how can it be 0km wouldnt that just be a volcano? or are they just not mentioning this is from a volcano>?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
theres been one in nevada today , a mag 6 @ 6.7km`s - that was felt , but a nuke test? nope not at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
well look at the link that was provided on the first page about the earthquake that happened on the 16th on the location inaccuracy it says withheld by USGS NEIS (or some other arrangement of letters) for another agency. this other agency may have been expecting the nuke test and has all of the data with them if they can withhold the accuracy then im sure it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to withhold the whole thing. as usual just for speculation.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

www.emsc-csem.org...

Summary:
Magnitude ML 4.2
Region NORTHWESTERN IRAN

Date time 2008-02-16 at 07:04:37.4 UTC
Location 38.35 N ; 45.3 E
Depth 12 km
Distances 35 km SE Khoy (pop 175,370 ; local time 10:34 2008-02-16)
52 km E Salmas (pop 81,606 ; local time 10:34 2008-02-16)

euro results have the location so why don`t the us?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am counting 15 smaller earthquakes plus this 3.4 since the larger one we reported originally. Hopping place they have going on today.

Current Earth Quakes Iran

Preliminary Earthquake Report

Magnitude 3.4, Khorasan Razavi Province
Tuersday, February 26, 2008 at 21:35:51 (UTC)
Date - Time: Tuersday, February 26, 2008 at 21:35:51
(UTC) ,
2008-02-27 01:05:51
(local time in Tehran)
Magnitude:

Magnitude type:

Mn
Depth: 9
Location uncertainty: +/- 1.74 km in N-S direction
+/- 2.22 km in E-W direction
Region:

Khorasan Razavi Province
Distances:

6 Km of Khalil abad, Khorasan Razavi
12 Km of Kashmar, Khorasan Razavi
23 Km of Rivash, Khorasan Razavi
630 Km of Tehran, Tehran
Source: Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

neic.usgs.gov...

"Preliminary Earthquake Report

Magnitude 4.0
# Date-Time Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 07:04:37 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
# Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 10:34:37 AM local time at epicenter

Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 38.44N 45.16E
Depth 14 kilometers
Region NORTHWESTERN IRAN
Distances 15 km (10 miles) SE of Khvoy, Iran
90 km (55 miles) SSW of Naxcivan (Nakhichevan), Azerbaijan
100 km (60 miles) N of Orumiyeh, Iran
635 km (395 miles) WNW of TEHRAN, Iran
Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available, held by USGS NEIC to another agency's solution
Parameters not available
Source Intl. Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, Tehran, Iran
Event ID usnmcv"

it has the location but they withheld the location uncertainty. to another agency's solution... but what other agency thats really the only thing that has me hung up on this. most of the time when someone posts a thread about a earthquake somewhere i can go to the usgs and verify the news source is right, but this one still hasnt been acknowledged. it could have been an earthquake, it may not be being released because the governments pouring over the data trying to see if it was a nuke test because of its proximity to the busehir reactor.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
look at the depth

14km`s

the deepest nuke tests are at 750 meters - 14 kilometers is a heck of a long way down!

its not a nuke test.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nuclear tests in Yorkshire now too?

Not 5 minutes ago I was jolted off the sofa by a sudden quake and felt the whole house shake...could Bradford be developing and testing their own weapon?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone looked up those coordinates, but assuming I put them in right into mapquest ( Map )

As in Latitude: 51° 46 Min. 00 Sec, Longitude: 28° 23 Min. 00 Sec, It started in Belarus, just above the border with the Ukraine. Did I do something wrong?

I can see it now:

"US began a surprise invasion of Iran yesterday as nuclear weapons were detonated to begin the next step in the war in the middle east. As part of the isolation of Iran, government officials now admit to cutting the internet cables leading to the 0% internet connectivity of the country..."

Or it really could just be a quake. Who knows?

Probably just a quake.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by EBE 17]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Anyone want to look outside of the box to the possibility of a clandestine weapon? Maybe if the US cant financially engage Iran in a conventional fight, they can try an eco-strike (ie earthquakes).

Have a look at what the former Secretary of Defense briefly quoted.

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 27-2-2008 by solarstorm]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join