It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Footage of missile launch and hit on satellite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Disclose T.V Vid Link

A Navy missile blasted a dying spy satellite just above the atmosphere late Wednesday night. Here's the footage of the hit. The tape is from a longer Pentagon press briefing with Gen. James Cartwright, detailing how the strike went down.

What you all think of this footage .. think its real?

Looks like someone is filming a monitor with a hand held cam in the explosion segment.
but exlposion looks good .. hmmm.

From a longer breifing , woulda loved to have seen all that breifing

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Disclose T.V Vid Link

What you all think of this footage .. think its real?

i dont think its real. its 2008 and i dont think the united states government, which we think has there own ufos, films in black and white.

it looks like omeone tried too hard to make it look real

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's not black and white. It's an infrared camera. If you were using a regular camera there is NO WAY that you could have tracked that 21 foot long missile as long as they did. Especialy since it was dropping stages and getting smaller as it went up.

[edit on 2/24/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think it is genuine. Saw the same footage somewhere on TV...

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

oh i didnt kno they showed that on tv.
if i saw that vido on a news site then i would have been more convinced.

its just that i didnt here great things about that site. people were sayin its starting to be like youtube were 95% is fke stuff

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
as far as I know it is real but who knows. . . the government doesn't always release factual items.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As someone said above..

It seemed they are really trying hard to make it looks real.

Especially the two slow blacking out part. why can't simply show from launch to hit entirely ? I mean people could even film the satellit explode from Hawaii (without infra)

While I agree that those were infra cameras, but the middle sequence showed that tail smoke is visible, as is the burnng satellite. What I saw were simply the Satellite exploding at the end.. this satellite is NOT a space shuttle.. for all you know it was the fuel that caused the explosion due to extreme heat from the re-entry. (It's supposed to be laden with deadly fuel .. right ?

Sorry, not entirely convinced that it's a direct hit... not saying that not possible.. but the shiny new SM3 reputation is on the line.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm convinced that the DOD vid is BS.

It's timestamp is odd for a starter. 5 sec=launch, 20 sec later=stage seperates, 15 seclater=impact.

These fall to the second, that seems odd to me.

plus,in this day and age why is there no private pics or vids of this?
I witnessed it firsthand and what I saw does not agree with the video.

The launch was to be delayed due to the shuttle landing and weather conditions.
Yet went ahead without any forehand announcement giving anyone chance to prepare ahead.

There is so many unexplained things about this, I've got a pretty good list already and am pursuing this more.

Something stinks alright...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That doesn't bode well for incoming alien space craft.

It was a pretty impressive display.

Congratulations to the US Navy.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
sure does look like its a camcord of a monitor, all so i notist it is fired from a ship at sea or something sim? how or where did thay say thay was going to do it?

top topics

join