It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure: Whats the Big Deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey all,
Whats the big deal about disclosure? I was thinking about this the other day: If all of a sudden I heard that Bush said "Aliens do exist and I have assigned one as my Vice President" (
) what would change for those of you that already believe?

I know it means the govt would have been lying but it will just be forgotten anyway, like all the other stuff they have lied about. I know it will bring us into "Official" first contact as well.

So what is the big deal with disclosure? Not attacking, just gathering info

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What's the big deal? Are you serious? The big deal is oil! If the government admits to alien contact, then they would have to disclose how they got here. They did not get here running on a combustion engine. So to answer your question, the big deal is oil and money.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightrider07

disclosure would be the best thing to ever happen. the governments of the world finally admitting that aliens excists and is visiting the earth. to some people, a confirmation that they are not crazy or disolutional.
as i said, disclosure would be the biggest and best thing to happen in the entire recorded history of mankind.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Releasing alternative technologies that can save this planet from the oil/fuel self destruction instead of wartoys for a small group of war profeteers is not a big deal??.

Oh please.

Please investigate the subject first....seriously

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
do you even realize the can of worms that would be opened with that

peoples trust in the government would go to [snip]

and then everyone'd question everything else that has no answers to it yet

think of dominoes lined up ready to be pushed and fall all over the place

itd be chaotic at the least

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Reasons are financial and militarial. If there were known technologies that do not require fossile fuels, this would shift the world's financial powers drastically. This applies especially back engineering claims. The militarial reasons are that no government wants to admit that we are facing something we have no control over. If they know why they are, the reasons are such which are not to be discussed.

The evidence is growing all the time and it's matter of time before this thing needs to be addressed to public in some manner. I mean, we've seen clips on such media as Fox news where there are something in the sky we cannot explain.

I am not saying that the phenomena is necessary gray aliens is flying disk- they can be basically anything from a nature's unknown behavior to alien form of life. Personally I doubt the existence of "grays" but I do think that the so-called "rods" and worm-like light patterns are something we should be advised about.

top topics

join